IGNORED

Caa I ask what a a collection is worth here?

linchpind

You can ask, but you could also just go to pricecharting.com and come up with a number you are comfortable with. If you’re selling a lot you will want to mark it down by at least 10% from individual item prices.

Few people here keep track of prices except for specific things we are looking for.

• Like 1

All,

Thank you for the reply's! 

Here are some pics of everything.

The screens work, but seem a little faded form when I bought the systems brand new.  Sound is nice and loud out of both units.  All buttons work on both consoles.  I bought a lot of this stuff when I worked at Electronics Boutique back in the 90's.  From my research it seems that the only rare games I have are Double Dragon and the Missie/Asteroids game.  The systems don't have a whole lot of use and everything has been sitting unused in a closet for the past 20+ years.  The model 1 was the version that has the flaky paint job from the factory that wore off so I took it apart and sanded the faceplate and sprayed it with black engine paint.  Looks good actually.  Never got around to painting the back side of it like I wanted to. 

I'm looking to sell it all, perferrebly  all together instead of piecing it all out.  I just don't have time for the hobby anymore and the wife is nagging me to clean out the closet that all my old video game stuff is in.

image0 (Medium).jpeg

image6 (Medium).jpeg

image7 (Medium).jpeg

image9 (Medium).jpeg

image10 (Medium).jpeg

image11 (Medium).jpeg

image12 (Medium).jpeg

image13 (Medium).jpeg

image5 (Medium).jpeg

image1 (Medium).jpeg

image3 (Medium).jpeg

image2 (Medium).jpeg

• Like 4

Here's the issue:  it would take anybody here a few hours to research an accurate value for these particular items in this particular condition.  It doesn't take any sort of knowledge of Atari stuff or Lynx stuff to figure a price - just go to pricecharting and ebay and start looking up sales histories.

• Like 2

It is an AMAZING collection, @linchpind. The original versions of Double Dragon, Desert Strike, and Super Off Road with manuals will be worth a lot, probably at least $75 each if not $100, to the right buyer. Lemmings and Super Asteroids/Missile Command with the manuals will sell for $150 each or more on eBay. You have some other games that are uncommon and sought after like Joust, Warbirds, Ninja Gaiden, Battlewheels, etc. Those might be worth selling separately too.

If you want to maximize profit, list everything separately. If you don’t want to do that much work, do two bundles on eBay, one for each Lynx with a case, and half of the common games each. Then sell the six games I listed separately for a buy it now of 25% more than I said and accept offers. Auctions can go higher than market but are much more likely to go for less than BIN.

If you want to maximize good karma, I would sell them in the marketplace here for 20% below pricecharting or more. You will be saving eBay’s massive cut anyway.

• Like 5

I agree with jgkspsx and separate the gems with the commons.

Out of all your titles, Lemmings, Double Dragon, Desert Strike, Super Off Road, and Super Asteroids/Missile Command are all worth a small fortune and should be sold off separately.

Next is the RARE but not impossible to find Titles......that would be Joust, Warbirds, Ninja Gaiden, Battlewheels, and Checkered Flag.

Be vigilant, hop onto to pricecharting and do you research on the prices you can charge for the RARE individual titles.

Dump the rest in a job lot, the others are worth peanuts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

I wouldn’t either, but shipping to the US isn’t cheap if that’s all you’re ordering.

Usually still cheaper than postage fees from US to France ;) 

In fact, il also depends on postage options you use, as you can use letter tarif for under 3cm, it can be cheap but risky.

As a small business, I am lucky anouch to be able to send real parcel with letter rates (it is a service from french post to small business - counterpart is that there is only minimal insurance - hence the very protective care I try to put in parcel, and extra protector box)

• Like 1

I don't think you should sell. I regreted selling my far more modest collection back in the day. Maybe just give it a bit more thought or agree to store it somewhere where it doesn't get in the way perhaps?

• Like 1

I want to thank you all for the replies.  I'll probably separate the sought after games and sell them individually.  I've been thinking about selling this for a while and I could use the funds for other things right now.  I'm at a different spot in my life right now and I just don't have the time to enjoy it.  I'm also looking around at my PC Engine/'TG-16 collection, my PSP collection, and even some of my nintendo stuff.  Its all been sitting unused for years.

I'll try to list some of the games in the for sale section and avoid ebay if at all possible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, linchpind said:

I want to thank you all for the replies.  I'll probably separate the sought after games and sell them individually.  I've been thinking about selling this for a while and I could use the funds for other things right now.  I'm at a different spot in my life right now and I just don't have the time to enjoy it.  I'm also looking around at my PC Engine/'TG-16 collection, my PSP collection, and even some of my nintendo stuff.  Its all been sitting unused for years.

I'll try to list some of the games in the for sale section and avoid ebay if at all possible. 

If your 100% keen on selling, then can i make a suggestion and try in the for sale section here first! Some of those titles are very sought after and the members here would appreciate it and it avoids ebay's horrendeous fees.

I'd also be keen on seeing your TG-16 stuff that you will have up for sale!

• Like 2