IGNORED

The Atari Report has been permanently cancelled

BIGHMW

12 hours ago, BIGHMW said:

I think you guys have an idea, but will it boost my numbers at all if I indeed do take it up?

I think it would increase the views by a significant percentage. Perhaps even a considerable percentage. But it is not gonna result in large numbers. Anyway, it is gonna require almost no effort, so if the goal is as high numbers as possible I think it is definately worth it.

I will concur with what others have said.

Enjoy your games and definitely post videos as you see fit.

Stop obsessing with views and numbers.  Play your 5200 and enjoy it for what it is. 
Lord knows we have enough YouTube celebrities and I'm sure 99% of them don't earn any meaningful income from it.

• Like 5

On 7/12/2022 at 8:14 PM, Leonard Smith said:

I could personally do without any of the Youtube spamming, even if it's quarantined to its own forum section.

It's bad enough that we're already subject to tons of advertising and target media each day.

* Watch a movie - endure some ads before and in between

* Check out a shirt or jacket at American Giant or Gap, and then you're getting constant email offers and reminders

* Research a new power tool on Youtube - ads every few minutes and 'creator' yammering about likes and subscribes

* Listen to the radio - 5 minutes worth of ads each hour

It's just getting to the point of ridiculousness now. 

Enough with the promos and ads!

That's exactly why I don't watch TV or listen to the radio,  most of my music I either own or stream-capture (download) or record off either spotify or off of YouTube videos onto minidisc via my PC's line out to my Walkman MiniDisc recorder and burn a CD of it afterwards. As for the vids, same thing, stream-capture or download, I've spent less on music and videos because I use both old and new tech and black boxes and other copyguard decoders that eliminate things like macrovision, SCMS and that infamous HDCP so i know ways around them, analog and digital both

Yes I am an 80s guy but I don't even watch those retro channels on the TV as I don't want to be force-fed all those BS Medicare ads and other aids for the over 70 crowd they mainly cater to every 10 minutes, only news weather and sports and that's it. Otherwise I already either have MP4s of the shows or on good old DVD or VHS converted to DVD-R.

On 7/19/2022 at 6:44 PM, BIGHMW said:

I think you guys have an idea, but will it boost my numbers at all if I indeed do take it up?

If all you really care about is boosting your numbers, all you have to do is watch your own videos constantly. I guarantee your view count will go up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6