IGNORED

BHG Weekly Podcast (Atari focused)

BHG_Gaming

Hello everyone.  If interested, this week is the first week for the Atari Weekly Podcast.  The topics I want to discuss weekly will include new releases, up coming releases, rumored releases,  weekly spotlighting of a game on the VCS store, as well as talking about past Atari consoles and games.  I also hope to get developers as guests and there are some I have to message, but that's going to be further down the road once i get the show going and maybe get other guests on, so if you'd like to be a guest, please send me a message.

Atari Weekly Podcast Episode 1

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

In case you missed it live, here is the Megan McDuffee interview from the Atari Weekly Podcast that aired May 26th, 2022.  This is the interview ONLY, so all the stuff after wards has been cut out.  Make sure you visit Megan's website for music and links to buy her albums!! https://meganmcduffee.com/ 

Megan McDuffee is awesome!  Atari really scored big getting her on board!  She seems nervous in this interview though...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Same here, those are solid arcade-style games with nice music. I was happy to see Atari return to actually making new(ish) games and I've bought almost every one of the Recharged game so far. I look forward to Gravitar Recharged. 

Which one did I leave on the shelf? So far, only Breakout, because I don't think it will translate well to joystick controls, particularly in widescreen. Am I wrong about that? 

On 6/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, Flojomojo said:

Same here, those are solid arcade-style games with nice music. I was happy to see Atari return to actually making new(ish) games and I've bought almost every one of the Recharged game so far. I look forward to Gravitar Recharged. 

Which one did I leave on the shelf? So far, only Breakout, because I don't think it will translate well to joystick controls, particularly in widescreen. Am I wrong about that? 

I can only speak for the Switch, but the controls are kind of fiddly in my opinion.  I guess if you really like Breakout you'll manage, but I was kind of 'eh' about the game.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I need to pick up Gravitar again — and hope these are selling through. I was #31 on the leaderboard after an hour of play, which is not a good sign because I’m bad at it. 

Me too, I wish I was good at those Thrust-type games.

After months of scrapping by after changing jobs, I was able to get caught up getting all the Recharge series (including Gravitar) on Steam. So we shall see...