IGNORED

Does anyone sell box protectors for Jaguar CD games?

T.A.P.

3 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

Aren't some of the jag cd boxes different sizes from each other?

Yeah most came in a huge box slightly bigger than a regular jag cart box. Then inside was a cd cardboard cd case that opened 3 sided, one sleve came with the joy pad number pad covers the other side the manual the middle the game.

3 of the games were standard jewel case (dragons lair, brain dead 13, and space ace), the only 2 I don't have are wtr and is 2, I'm guessing those were jewel case.

There were two options I found when I was looking a year or two ago:

The Mortoff Games ones are nice (and cheaper) but would not fit the ReadySoft CD games (Braindead, Space Ace, Dragon's Lair) as their boxes are slightly larger. The MyGameVault boxes are a little taller and have some "open air" at the top once you have the games in--and they're more expensive--but they fit all the big box Jag CD games.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cubanismo said:

I got mine from Songbird, and they're just regular DVD jewel cases. Was there another more official edition?

They originally came in cardboard boxes that were the same size as the boxes the cartridge games came in. I have no idea when they stopped selling them in the boxes and just started selling in the jewel cases.

• Like 1

All of mine are in cardboard boxes same as normal Jaguar games - there is no way I would buy any if they were in DVD boxes. Every one I own from Baldies, Myst, Hoverstrike,, BattleMorph, Highlander and Dragons lair were all supplied in proper cardboard boxes a bit bigger in size than the Jag Cart boxes...I see people selling pirated Jag CD games on ebay (usually the ones that never had proper releases) in DVD boxes and think they look awful... I have seen Iron Soldier 2 in DVD boxes but Telegames in UK still sells them in proper cardboard box... I would 100% never buy any CD games in a DVD box as they just look like cheap pirated copies without the actual cardboard box.

Okay some games like Braindead 13 or Primal Rage you might only get in a CD jewel case as original owner might have thrown the box away but any retail release in a DVD case just looks like a cheap pirated copy bought off ebay

I really dislike CD games in non card boxes - Blue Lightning and Vid Grid look great in the big boxes too that someone had made up for them a few years ago but those were never released in big boxes so I'm grateful to the person who made those boxes.

Seems a shame if some games are being sold in DVD boxes for full price - I would just assume they were cheap pirated copies and would assume they would have a very low resale value if you ever decided to sell them if any value at all.

hs1.jpg

JagWTR2.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_6459.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8985.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8986.jpg

Edited by JaggingUK
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...