IGNORED

"Mr. M" by Anthony Ku

Hello! Been curious about this game for many years and it seems to be a great mystery. We had one of the myriad versions of it in our "big collection of totally legitimate disks" back when I was a kid, and the overall... peculiarity of the game really struck me back then, and it still strikes me right now -- the only difference being that as a 41 year old I can now actually get off the first screen!

Does anyone know anything about this game or Anthony Ku, the person behind it? The only vague "lead" I've seen is a 2009 comment from someone on Atarimania who said they were at Atari Camp with Ku when he was working on the game -- and the High Score Club post from a while back here didn't seem to know much about it either!

Would love to hear from someone who might be able to shed a bit of light on this odd little game!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, devwebcl said:

The character is called Atpii, just like a pirate from Wastedwares.

Coincidence?

Possibly, since he's only referred to as "Atpii" in certain versions of the game -- perhaps those distributed by Wastedwares :) In other incarnations of the game, he's just referred to as "this creature".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/4/2022 at 7:22 PM, pjedavison said:

Hello! Been curious about this game for many years and it seems to be a great mystery. We had one of the myriad versions of it in our "big collection of totally legitimate disks" back when I was a kid, and the overall... peculiarity of the game really struck me back then, and it still strikes me right now -- the only difference being that as a 41 year old I can now actually get off the first screen!

Does anyone know anything about this game or Anthony Ku, the person behind it? The only vague "lead" I've seen is a 2009 comment from someone on Atarimania who said they were at Atari Camp with Ku when he was working on the game -- and the High Score Club post from a while back here didn't seem to know much about it either!

Would love to hear from someone who might be able to shed a bit of light on this odd little game!

He was ar the Atari Computer Camp I worked at in 1984.  Nice kid.  Better person than I was, well, at least he made a game, and I never did.  And people are asking about him 40 years later.  I'd be surprised if anyone ever asked about me in that time.

• Like 2