IGNORED

OoeyGUI Development Discussion

Shift838

4 minutes ago, 9640News said:

FYI, I was never able to get it to setup and work properly with the Geneve.  Likely, I was trying the GenMod/Memex setup.

I will have to look into it then for the GenMod and MeMex setup.  since I have never owned one i may need some insight on how one is supposed to work.

• 4 months later...

I'm getting ready to start an update on OoeyGUI.  I will be porting it over to the latest PyQt6 and adding the new features for MAME to OoeyGUI.  

For all OoeyGUI users, if you have a feature request, please post it here and I will see what i can do.

This will be a very big overhaul to get it to the new PyQt6 version.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have been jotting down notes and thoughts about how I am going to have to tackle this.

With the latest updates to MAME supporting TIPI emulation now is making a bit more in-depth.

OoeyGUI will not be installing QEMU, this will be dependent on the user to install.  I plan on storing the path to where QEMU is installed within the OoeyGUI configuration file.

when the TIPI is selected OoeyGUI will verify there is a QEMU process running for the TIPI emulation.  If not, then it will start one up or throw an error if QEMU is not installed.  That's my plan anyway.

• Like 3

Users of mame can run with a real PI too, or a docker container, so I don't think it should be an error if there is no qemu... 

I would think OoeyGUI should allow configuration of mame, including the network location of the websocket when enabling a TIPI board. Maybe only error in the absence of qemu if the websocket is localhost and the OoeyGUI host is Windows.

I personally never use the qemu mechanism anymore, but I also don't use OoeyGUI. So it is of course up to you and your user base. 

• Like 1

I had issues where OoeyGUI was denied access to floppies in the Mame disks folder. This was MacOS 11.0. Never solved that. Switched to running Mame from the command line. 

I got a new (to me) MacBook Pro 2019, ran Migration Assistant, which copies my home directory and all installed Applucations. Then upgraded from MacOS 12 to 13.   OoeyGUI runs with no issues now, using floppies from any path.

• Like 2

I'm working to get the first beta out for OoeyGUI v5.0.  I need some testers for:

• Windows
  • Linux
  • MAC
  • RPi

If you are interested in being a beta tester, please send me a PM so I can get a shared link to access once I have it ready for all the systems above.

I am interested, but I will have limited opportunities for testing.  Between traveling for work starting Monday for 10 days, then followed by wife's back surgery and 8 to 12 days at hospital and recovery facility, I may not have too much time unless I pack my laptop to the hospital to pass time for her and me.

Windows user

Beery

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 9640News said:

I should ask would you be trying to add Ooeygui on top of a TIPI build?  That would create an interesting development environment if you did.........

I will be adding the TIPI as an option to ooeygui, of course you will have to have QEMU installed and configured.  QEMU for the TIPI emulation will have to be launched and ready before launch MAME with a TIPI mounted.

I'm still working out specifics as everyone's system this would run on would be different, some users QEMU will launch faster than others.  I think it will be easier for OoeyGUI to ask you if QEMU is running and at the login prompt before starting MAME and of course verifying there is a QEMU process running.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shift838 said:

I will be adding the TIPI as an option to ooeygui, of course you will have to have QEMU installed and configured.  QEMU for the TIPI emulation will have to be launched and ready before launch MAME with a TIPI mounted.

I'm still working out specifics as everyone's system this would run on would be different, some users QEMU will launch faster than others.  I think it will be easier for OoeyGUI to ask you if QEMU is running and at the login prompt before starting MAME and of course verifying there is a QEMU process running.

I also don't use qemu. I have a dedicated piz2w that does my websockets for mame and js99er.. so don't make qemu a requirement please..as matt stated 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Shift838 said:

As previously mentioned, don't make QEMU as the only option to the TIPI.  I have a PI dedicated to MAME for Windows.  And, if you are going to have ooeygui on a TIPI PI running MAME, I would hope it could access the TIPI's file structure.

My 2 cents.

• 2 months later...