IGNORED

PRGE 2022 - Intellivision Entertainment booth?

Rev

24 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Well it looks like IE has abandoned their Intellivision Amico trademark.

Last contact from IE looked like it was in November. Which if my memory serves me is roughly the time frame that the CEO position switched to Phil.

The marketing hasn't started yet Beefy!  

I'm just kinda bummed out Kiosks will never be made, because I was legit hoping I could try out the console after all these years of talking about it.  Oh well. 

• Like 3

Just now, SegaSnatcher said:

I'm just kinda bummed out Kiosks will never be made, because I was legit hoping I could try out the console after all these years of talking about it.  Oh well. 

Maybe all the games will hit Steam and Switch. Cause you know, they can only be played on Amico.

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Rev said:

Maybe all the games will hit Steam and Switch. Cause you know, they can only be played on Amico.

Looking forward to playing NightStalker on my PS5 in a year.   Mike Mika didn't confirm anything, but he did like my "I hope it gets released on PS5" tweet. 

Mikemika.JPG

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Looking forward to playing NightStalker on my PS5 in a year.   Mike Mika didn't confirm anything, but he did like my "I hope it gets released on PS5" tweet. 

Mikemika.JPG

My son has a PS5.

I may actually buy one also,if the new reimagined Intellivision games are released for it!?

• Like 2

They do still have the curved logo trademarked. But it's just the logo and not the character mark which from my understanding would mean not just anyone could use Amico in the same market. I believe this means they only have a leg to stand on if someone uses the name Amico in the same font style. 

unknown-3.thumb.png.c2c7675dce5f36dd2688fbf560cf5256.png

2 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Saying goes you can hope in one hand and crap in the other and see which fills up first....

I kind of take this as they still want to sell merchandise using the logo and keep people from making their own merchandise.

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Many of the games will be. Dolphin Quest (crowdfunding supposedly coming this year),

Space Strikers 

Dynablasters,Screenshot_20220620-204432_Chrome.thumb.jpg.30242f5dbf7bdb10dff1af171a973a1a.jpg

Emoji Charades, 

Screenshot_20220620-204728_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2260d4ccffdb005359a4979bc6cdb5c7.jpg

Evel, https://apps.apple.com/us/app/evel-knievel/id944985743?ls=1 or https://www.amazon.com/Barnstorm-Games-Evel-Knievel/dp/B00QAJBA4A/?ref_=d6k_applink_bb_dls&dplnkId=28fb009f-886b-4c06-974f-282016bd0964

Fox n Forest - various platforms

Ridged Force Redux - same

Brain Duel - reskinning of Einstein Brain Training,

Screenshot_20220620-210155_YouTube.thumb.jpg.b6f050f8f654ab3e077b1966df1357fb.jpgE28Fv4lWQAUWslo.jpg.9a13fe0b7260519648bc9cb941960ad2.jpg

https://www.bbg-entertainment.com/games/einstein-brain-trainer

Are all currently or going to be available to play. I have doubts that Dolphin Quest gets funded as their Big Blue game wasn't successful IIRC.

Maybe part of the actual Intellivision IPs will make it to other platforms. Not sure if they could release games like Moon Patrol or Breakout on other consoles without the blessing of the IP holders for those.

Edit* wishlist Graviators now on Steam! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1958540/GRAVIATORS/

Edited by MrBeefy
Space Strikers Steam Link
  • Thanks 1

Ahhhhh Amico talk. Was the reason I registered on AtariAge after years of just lurking and then, conversely the reason I got banned ?. But I apologized to Al and admitted my trolling.

Ended up getting an Atari VCS on the super deal price of $99 and well… it is what it is. I do enjoy it.

One thing it is….available for the public to purchase ?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Ahhhhh Amico talk. Was the reason I registered on AtariAge after years of just lurking and then, conversely the reason I got banned ?. But I apologized to Al and admitted my trolling.

Ended up getting an Atari VCS on the super deal price of $99 and well… it is what it is. I do enjoy it.

Sad I missed that $99. Atari VCS deal. Damn!?

Edited by wolfy62
Added content
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

So the only true potential Amico exclusives were: Night Stalker, Astrosmash, Cloudy Mountain, Shark Shark (Intv owned) And Brickout, Moon Patrol (Atari owned).  

Any missed?

How could you forget Cornhole, Farkle, Skiing?!

Isn't Moon Patrol owned by Irem? I thought Evercade was getting an Irem cart and MP is on it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Hey! I got the VCS for 99 as well.   The games are a little slow coming out, and the joystick has connection issues.  But Its not as bad a system as rumored.  But its in hand. 

• Like 2

Just now, MrBeefy said:

How could you forget Cornhole, Farkle, Skiing?!

Isn't Moon Patrol owned by Irem? I thought Evercade was getting an Irem cart and MP is on it.

Ah yes, skiing looked alright. 

Cornhole and Farkle…..I had almost forgotten they existed, no thanks to you!   ???

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

Hey! I got the VCS for 99 as well.   The games are a little slow coming out, and the joystick has connection issues.  But Its not as bad a system as rumored.  But its in hand. 

Yea I’m holding on to it, my hopes one day it’s the go to system for entire 2600,5200 and 7800 library. Without booting into other OS with batocera or some other setup.

Edited by MarioMan88
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

Ah yes, skiing looked alright. 

Cornhole and Farkle…..I had almost forgotten they existed, no thanks to you!   ???

How could you forget a 3rd of the pack ins? They also have Back Talk Party I believe.

Cornhole could only make a possible wave on Switch. But the last footage of it looked not much better than the bags game on the Party Arcade collection.

Skiimg while one of the better looking ones for Amico would struggle to stand out elsewhere. It is hard saying if Cloudy or Night Stalker are done to even be released.

Shark Shark is a good simple game but there are also derivatives and more evolved versions of the concept.

Farkle could totally disrupt gaming and sell enough to fund manufacturing. I can see the Limited Run edition now with Amico branded Dice, pencils, papers, and dice cup.

38 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

The Moon Patrol trademark, music, and the original arcade game software and graphics belong to Irem.  The Amico Moon Patrol game code and graphics is likely copyright to IE.  The same probably goes for all the games funded by IE according to the agreement with the developer.  And if IE contributed any sound or graphics to other games those copyrights likely belong to IE as well.

Nitro Derby is another game where the copyright likely belong to the developer.  Night Stalker was created for Amico but it could be that the developer funded it themselves, each developer deal could be different.

Edit:

The recent announcement from IE talks about licensing out classic Intellivision games.  It didn't say Amico games but anything is possible.  If the developer owns the IP of an Amico game then once any exclusive agreement expires they can do whatever they want.

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

They do still have the curved logo trademarked. But it's just the logo and not the character mark which from my understanding would mean not just anyone could use Amico in the same market. I believe this means they only have a leg to stand on if someone uses the name Amico in the same font style. 

The trademark image posted says it is a word mark as well as design.  So the word alone would be protected.  But if they don't have a product out within the time limit then it expires as well.

Edited by mr_me

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Well it looks like IE has abandoned their Intellivision Amico trademark.

Screenshot_20220620-171846_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ff6a3438e7d2119cafe49a54ca992383.jpg

Last contact from IE looked like it was in November. Which if my memory serves me is roughly the time frame that the CEO position switched to Phil.

Anyone here going to buy up the trademark?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

But who would want to do that? ?

Well it could be just style too. That's why it is best for companies to do both a trademark (4) standard character format and special format. In the case of this filing (3) design. As noted here:

-Special form format 

Trademarks registered in special form format protect trademarks that are  stylized , have designs or logos, or are in color. Trademark owners typically register in special form format when the stylization and design is an important part of the trademark. With this format, you’re getting protection specifically for the way the trademark looks. -

Nike uses both trademarks. The design one of Nike's (like Intellivision has) basically keeps me from making the design for my company logo or product to look like this. 20220621_012734.jpg.bea943344ea8f965e2c4ded743aeda60.jpg

From my searches I did not see where they have a standard character trademark. If someone else finds it feel free to post it.

I did find these two which are standard character and not special form. Notice how they use normal text versus a logo.

Non-Intellivision

unknown-4.thumb.png.71358c3aae493ed5f86e3faaad158de2.pngunknown-5.thumb.png.4b8f2f2a24e4295fb6c9ab33f7327396.png

Intellivision

unknown-3.thumb.png.c2c7675dce5f36dd2688fbf560cf5256.png

By what I bolded above it appears that Intellivision specifically trademarked the design of their font/logo. Nike's design mark covers font, checkmark, word placement. If Intellivision redesigns their Amico logo I think they would have to file for a new trademark. Weird and interesting stuff.

You can read up more on it here. https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/basics/trademark-examples

2 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Anyone here going to buy up the trademark?

I got an idea of what it could be used for. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, mr_me said:

Maybe they're hitting the three year limit to show commercial use.

There is no "maybe" about it. This particular mark "Intellivision Amico" had already filed for 4 extensions Filing for a 5th (and absolutely final extension) would have committed them to supplying an SOU (statement of use) to uspto by November, a date most seem to think too optimistic.

They did file extension for the figurative mark "Amico" since that one is allowed more extensions to show use in commerce than the mark above.

It can possibly be coupled with the registered "Intellivision" mark, but that remains to be seen. You might recall this mark was the subject of trademark objection and subsequent paperwork which closed the matter concerning mutal co-existence between Amiga and Intellivision.

• Thanks 1

So effectively it expired rather than being abandoned.  Their options then would be to apply to revive the trademark or just submit a new application for the same trademark.  Either of which may have already been done as it takes time for the trademark office to review and post applications.  In the meantime, the design trademark protects the word as well.