IGNORED

PRGE 2022 - Intellivision Entertainment booth?

Rev

It said they are working with partners to license classic Intellivision games for other platforms.  No schedule was mentioned.  You'd likely have to hear from those partners for more details, like Blaze and their second Intellivision collection for their Evercade, for example.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/17/2022 at 4:33 PM, BBWW said:

They can't afford to return my money so...if they go...a demo unit will "disappear" from their booth...

I can't/can believe that they were dumb enough to blow that "100% refundable" money. I love how some always claimed it wasn't crowdfunding because that money "wasn't needed" to make the console. However, here we are where they aren't refunding because they used that money to try and make it and failed. How long ago did you request?

If they wanted to do right by people they would have a booth there with a checkbook to refund that money. Unfortunately that won't be happening.

• Like 2

If you're talking preorder deposits, 6000x$100 is $600k.  If they raised $17M altogether, then only 3.5% is preorder deposits.  A few months ago they had more than that in cash.  This thing was funded by investors.

A typical kickstarter takes 100% of the purchase price in preorder; more than enough to cover manufacturing.  In Amico's case, deposits are less than half the price and less than the manufacturing cost.  They'd still have get manufacturing funding to get them built.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

If you're talking preorder deposits, 6000x$100 is $600k.  If they raised $17M altogether, then only 3.5% is preorder deposits.  A few months ago they had more than that in cash.  This thing was funded by investors.

A typical kickstarter takes 100% of the purchase price in preorder; more than enough to cover manufacturing.  In Amico's case, deposits are less than half the price and less than the manufacturing cost.  They'd still have get manufacturing funding to get them built.

In the end they used wasted the "pre-order" deposits they claimed were in escrow and fully refundable.

Edited by ColecoJoe

Who claimed they were in escrow?  Amico deposits are refundable according to the preorder agreement, and they still say they are refundable.  However, If I put a $500 deposit on a car, and the next week the car dealer is out of business, what happens to my deposit/car, doesn't matter if it's refundable or not.  There's risk in everything.

Edited by mr_me

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Who claimed they were in escrow?  Amico deposits are refundable, and they still say they are refundable.  However, If I put a $500 deposit on a car, and the next week the car dealer is out of business, what happens to my deposit/car, doesn't matter if it's refundable or not.  There's risk in everything.

If they were refundable the person above would have their money. Truth is they blew the money on trying to make the console and failing spectacularly.

If you had read their latest update you would realize they aren't guaranteeing any refunds of the "100% totally refundable" pre-orders. Basically it reads that they aren't paying refunds because they are paying their salaries and such first.

11 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

In the end they used wasted the "pre-order" deposits they claimed were in escrow and fully refundable.

Yup as soon as they spent the money they were basically saying we don't care if you get your money back. 4 different types of crowdfunding and they couldn't make a console and gave $1.5 million away to Ark for their ineptitude. That could be the preorder money right there. Or maybe they are slowly giving it to Sudesh since he is still owed $100 for ever pre-ordered console. ?

At best any licensing money might* be used to make refunds. I know a guy who still didn't get his refund from IE. He request long before the quiet...urm hiding period.  He went through PayPal and IE wouldn't respond and then had to go through his credit card company. So he got money back but it actually did not come from IE themselves. 

How long does this need to go on before we can call it vaporware?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Who claimed they were in escrow?  Amico deposits are refundable according to the preorder agreement, and they still say they are refundable.  However, If I put a $500 deposit on a car, and the next week the car dealer is out of business, what happens to my deposit/car, doesn't matter if it's refundable or not.  There's risk in everything.

ahh my bad, it was a quote from Tommy yapping his gums again about him assuming Gamestop deposits were sitting in escrow although one would also assume if tommy assumed that about Gamestop then surly IE deposits would be in escrow but we all know Tommy really didn't know what he was doing or saying half the time just trying to win the battle.

760139840_ScreenShot2022-06-20at9_51_08AM.thumb.png.cd880d22641bf4e519729725469aa762.png 

You say it's a risk NOW but I remember in the ego thread all those discussions about why require a deposit at all and the mantra, hey it's totally 100% refundable, there is no risk ( many times from Tommy ) blah blah blah, but i guess now it's convenient to re-write the scenario and say, hey everything is a risk.  

• Like 5

You can make that assumption, but I don't see any company, including car dealers, putting deposit money in escrow.

In 2020 and 2021 and into 2022, IE was issuing refunds upon request.  It's still a startup.   They've been unable to get their product out to market, and might be out of funding.  They had money, now they don't.  That's how it is.

Edited by mr_me

35 minutes ago, mr_me said:

You can make that assumption, but I don't see any company, including car dealers, putting deposit money in escrow.

In 2020 and 2021 and into 2022, IE was issuing refunds upon request.  It's still a startup.   They've been unable to get their product out to market, and might be out of funding.  They had money, now they don't.  That's how it is.

"Was issuing" not are issuing. Meaning not 100% refundable. Doesn't matter if it's a startup or not a guarantee is a guarantee, and it was made by the then CEO. So it's just another lie. People are having to contact their credit card companies because IE is refusing to refund. They have no money because they wasted it. It's a 4 time failed crowdfunded project (Fig, Republic, Fundable, StartEngine). 

I wonder how many preorder refunds went into the big metal Running Man sign to decorate the office? unknown-1.thumb.jpeg.e8bb0f5eb04a68c9612af8641fcdec89.jpeg

Or Ferrari parking spot signs?

IMG_1448.thumb.JPG.8384bc9499d18f3da1aec89125372a3c.JPG

I remember being one of the few saying with the delays things should be done with the extra time and people making the excuse of not being in the office as slowing them down. Where are those same people asking how are they going to finish it now that they've closed shop?

IMG_1471.thumb.jpeg.5ec5860bebc23725acd156a9971de77c.jpegIMG_1441.thumb.jpeg.5f3fb0844ff96bccf6ec1c2d96921585.jpeg

The Utah office the last time I remember someone checking was "being run" out of a residential house. Maybe if they focused on less frivolous things like: cutesy secret lair decals, parking spots, big pointless company signs, and wasting time on YouTube while failing to secure parts and get things finished, we'd all be playing Amicos right now.

17 minutes ago, evg2000 said:

Unless they sold merchandise to make money to do refunds

With your purchase of 10 mugs you can help refund a preorder today! https://intellivision.com/shop/mug-gloss-white

Oh and...

2 hours ago, ColecoJoe said:

ahh my bad, it was a quote from Tommy yapping his gums again about him assuming Gamestop deposits were sitting in escrow although one would also assume if tommy assumed that about Gamestop then surly IE deposits would be in escrow but we all know Tommy really didn't know what he was doing or saying half the time just trying to win the battle.

760139840_ScreenShot2022-06-20at9_51_08AM.thumb.png.cd880d22641bf4e519729725469aa762.png 

You say it's a risk NOW but I remember in the ego thread all those discussions about why require a deposit at all and the mantra, hey it's totally 100% refundable, there is no risk ( many times from Tommy ) blah blah blah, but i guess now it's convenient to re-write the scenario and say, hey everything is a risk.  

NAILED IT! ?

• Like 3

Is this no longer a forbidden topic? Because if not, I have some thoughts about it. 

Watching the … Project? Scam? Whatever it was… unfold …it really showed how vulnerable and desperate some people are to own the next thing with a favorite name on it, even though it came more flashing warning red lights than the biggest fire truck.

I’ve seen people accuse Microsoft and Apple fans of being in a cult, willing to buy proverbial poop in a box, so long as it had the company name on it. 

Well with Amico, the retro gamer sheep eagerly lined up to be fleeced, believing only what they wanted to hear, by a transparent fraud of a company representative, again and again. 

Not issuing refunds yet staying in business is unconscionable and should be an indelible black mark on this company so long as it’s under this management. 

• Like 8

How would they issue refunds if they are out of business.  How is that fair to Republic investors.

40 minutes ago, Rev said:

Recorded quotes straight from the source.

Nobody is saying they don't owe refunds to whoever asks for one, including Intellivision Entertainment.

Edited by mr_me
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, evg2000 said:

Unless they sold merchandise to make money to do refunds

Their current merch model is to use a print in demand store, with high markups, direct shipping, and no risk to intellivision. 

To bring merch to a meeting, they’d have to front the cost themselves, which doesn’t seem like their style. 

• Like 2