IGNORED

Atari MIDI Files For 8 Bit Fujinet

I have been running what I call The MIDI Show on Facebook daily, usually around 10:00 PM Eastern standard time, I have a MIDI adapter (SIO2MIDI) from The Brewing Academy, and a Casio CTK-533 keyboard. Is there anyone else out there in Atariland that has Nidi on their 8 Bit Atari? As I have said , I am running a daily show , broadcasting a lot of MIDI tunes from ABBA to ZZ-Top. 

I will be pre-recording the sessions on a daily basis, and broadcasting them live on Facebook and possibly YouTube at various times during the night each night.

For now I have a list of atrs that have no dos on them, just the MIDPLAY file and the MIDI files, they have been created with Altirra in Spartados X, but you can boot drive 1 with Spartados 3.2G and still read the files.

Here are 13 files full of MIDI tunes for the Atari 8 Bit, each disk is 3997 sectors in size just a little over 1 meg :

MIDI Files # 1.atr MIDI Files # 2.atr MIDI Files # 3.atr MIDI Files # 4.atr MIDI Files # 5.atr MIDI Files # 6.atr MIDI Files # 7.atr MIDI Files # 8.atr MIDI Files # 9.atr MIDI Files # 12.atr MIDI Files # 13.atr MIDI Files # 14.atr MIDI Files # 15.atr MIDI Files # 16.atr MIDI Files #10.atr MIDI Files #11.atr

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stephen said:

Wow - thanks for that - I have an S2 blaster in my 1088XLD.  I wish I had the time to devise a better player - the one we have is an OK start, but could use some erious upgrading.

The method i was using to create the atrs is slow and tedius i am looking for a better way

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

How are you currently doing them?

I am using dir2atr and then manually copying all disks to one atr file with 20 sub-directories, each sub-directory is called disk1, disk2, etc and has only 33 files as per the windows that opens on MIDPLAY (any more and they will not all display). The file is a 33 meg atr and must be loaded with Spartados x, I will do a video that shows how to properly load the file with Spartados X and U1MB, it will take me 30 more mins to do this, but it does work. The old way that I was doing them was to explore the disk with Altirra and import one file at a time, way too much work, I use OSS Dos XL for the dir2atr files but it must be spartados to load MIDPLAY.COM version 1.3

There are over 680 files that I have downloaded that are MIDI files, and I am going to download more tonight , I get them all from MIDIWORLD.COM and put 34 files into each of the 20 sub-directories which takes up all 650+ midi files. It will take me another hour to finish copying the 20 disks to one atr with 20 sub-directories then another hour to test them at least 5 or 6 songs in random spots from each sub-directory.

As far as I know everything works under Spartados X , but I have to test each disk to make sure that the files work, I have a Casio CTK-533 keyboard and the SIO2MIDI device (had to make my own SIO cable) and the whole system works really good. Here is a video of my last few songs. I will post a few here.

Sly and The Family Stone Everyday People

Guns and Roses Knocking On Heaven's Door

Commander Cody Hot Rod Lincoln

Fleetwood Mac Don't Stop

Billy Swan I Can Help

ZZ Top Tush

My channel on YouTube Red Rock Video Productions has over 600 videos, the last 30 or 40 are all Atari MIDI 

Russ

Edited by rcamp48
Adding Music MIDI fvideos
  • Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 3:18 AM, rcamp48 said:

I have been running what I call The MIDI Show on Facebook daily, usually around 10:00 PM Eastern standard time, I have a MIDI adapter (SIO2MIDI) from The Brewing Academy, and a Casio CTK-533 keyboard. Is there anyone else out there in Atariland that has Nidi on their 8 Bit Atari? As I have said , I am running a daily show , broadcasting a lot of MIDI tunes from ABBA to ZZ-Top. 

I will be pre-recording the sessions on a daily basis, and broadcasting them live on Facebook and possibly YouTube at various times during the night each night.

For now I have a list of atrs that have no dos on them, just the MIDPLAY file and the MIDI files, they have been created with Altirra in Spartados X, but you can boot drive 1 with Spartados 3.2G and still read the files.

Here are 13 files full of MIDI tunes for the Atari 8 Bit, each disk is 3997 sectors in size just a little over 1 meg :

MIDI Files # 1.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 2.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 3.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 4.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 5.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 6.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 7.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 8.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 9.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 12.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 13.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 14.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 15.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files # 16.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files #10.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads MIDI Files #11.atr 1000.64 kB · 3 downloads

These files are superseded, there will be over 700 songs , all in one 33 MB ATR, I will upload it tonight.

And yes the ATR is loadable with Spartados X and Fujinet, you will probably need 1 Meg to play the big ones.

Edited by rcamp48

On 6/18/2022 at 7:00 PM, Stephen said:

Wow - thanks for that - I have an S2 blaster in my 1088XLD.  I wish I had the time to devise a better player - the one we have is an OK start, but could use some erious upgrading.

You really need a real keyboard on the Atari 8 Bit , it makes all of the difference in the world if you have listened to some of my videos you can see how good the sound comes out , granter I am using an audio out line from the keyboard into my 100 watt Sony stereo, and I have the speakers out into one audio connection, the line in  comes from an output line on my stereo, that's why my videos sound so good, I use line in instead of Microphone.

When I get a chance to put up the 33 meg file, disks 14 and disks 15 will look almost the same, but they are not, I have 66 Beatles MIDI songs and each directory puts them in the same type of format, thought I was copying the same files twice but I was not, will show you in the short video that I will do after I upload the 33 meg file.

Here is the ATR file for the MIDI files, MIDI_1.atr

Here are a few more of the videos I did on the Atari 800xl, recorded by the PC and played on 8 Bit MIDI, amplified with a Sony 100 watt stereo, these are all on my YouTube channel, but here is the best of the best for those of you who do not have Atari MIDI or any other kind of MIDI:

ZZ Top La Grange                                        Anne Murray Snowbird                     Andy Kim Rock Me Gently

The Zombies Tell Her No!                             Simon and Garfunkel Cecilia             Charley Pride Kiss an Angel Good Morning

Bare Naked Ladies If I Had a Million Dollars   Simon and Garfunkel Bridge Over Troubled Water       Fleetwood Mac Don't Stop

Bill Joel                                                       CCR Have You Ever Seen The Rain     Al Stewart Year of The Cat

Arlo Guthrie City of New Orleans                   ZZ Top Sleeping Bag                         ABBA MIDI

I will have more tomorrow during the day as I record them, I have over 700 MIDI files on the Atari , all taken from MIDI World and Bit MIDI, downloaded on the PC then saved on the Atari. Good Night everyone .......   Russ

• Like 3