IGNORED

DEMO - Hard Hat Mack (not WIP or Game)

rsiddall

Another demo.

What Hard Hat Mack might look like on the 2600 in DPC+.

Honestly, I think this version would suffer due to the amount of sprites needed.

Missing: OSHA (villain), Jack, and Hammer. In order to do this I’d have to introduce more flicker by combining the ropes into just 2 long sprites (player8-9). Currently set up as 4 separate sprites. Or using missiles (saving 2 sprites) and making them look less detailed.

Placing a girder (requires an additional sprite) into gaps. Or just have Mac holding the girder and as soon as he’s in location the area is automatically filled. This negates having a Jack and part of the gameplay in the original.

HHM1.png

HHM1-2.png

• Like 6

I think "vertically enough" is translating into losing a floor (going from 4 to 3)?

Reusing the sprite is a good idea. I hadn't thought about him carrying it over his head.

Wouldn't jumping (now a taller sprite) lead to collision problems though? If I hit the floor above I would stick to it and continue to move up.

I guess more vertical space would keep that from happening.

Or is there code that would keep

player0y=player0y+1

if collision(player0,playfield) then player0y=player0y-1

from causing a problem?

I could define the area that affects the player0 and playfield through collision and knock the player back down if it hits <> along the y-axis.

Here's the list of sprites needed (for level 1):

Vandal = 1

OSHA = 1

Rivet = 1 (top right white object)

Jackhammer = 1

Hammer = 1

4 vertical ropes (currently = 4 sprites) Could replace with 2 long sprites. Or losing a level frees up an additional sprite

Bounce pad (bottom right) = 1 replace with playfield blocks and lose the animation.

Girder = 1: Original gameplay - girder is picked up, placed in open hole (white color) and then jack is grabbed to complete beam (all blue again and space filled).

Player/Mac = 1

Edited by rsiddall