IGNORED

EverythingC64.com is closing for good

Just got the email. Such sad news

I barely remember my times on there but here is the email I got

Hi guys.

Sadly due to lack of use and many other problems which I've mentioned several times in the past, I have finally decided to close the forum. This was a very hard decision to make, but I definitely think it's for the best.

The forum will close today (Friday 24th of June 2022) @ 6pm GMT.

I am very sorry but this decision is final.

And now for some good news ... We have decided to continue the monthly high-score challenge on the Discord. This may take sometime to organise (please be patient), but a new challenge will be available very soon.

If you are not already a member of our Discord, please join now by clicking the link below:

discord.gg/pVCuYydD37

Before I go, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all members for their support over the past couple of years, and if I dont see you over at the Discord, to wish you all the very best for the future!

Best wishes ... Everything C64.
twitter.com/EverythingC64

Your forum account username is "starburst". You are receiving this email because you have opted to receive emails from everythingc64.boards.net.

If you no longer wish to receive these mailings, please unsubscribe at the following location:
login.proboards.com/unsubscribe/forum/7083759/user/357/key/LwVEAEW2wjnRt8f8nyFg
This email was sent by Everythingc64@protonmail.com
mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google-analytics.com%2Fcollect%3Fv%3D1%26tid%3DUA-3734504-3%26cid%3D64760445789841016%26t%3Devent%26ec%3Demail%26ea%3Dopen%26cs%3Dmass_email%26cm%3Demail%26cn%3DEmail&t=1656369691&ymreqid=e2912ec2-9fb8-9ea1-1c33-99000101d900&sig=sdARqlzdIm9ODpJaDHGw_w--~D

• Sad 2

Never heard of it before, but sad to hear it is going away.  I understand very well though.  I've been involved in multiple attempts to build forums that unfortunately never took off and just ended up consuming lots of my time anyways.  Eventually it's time to just pull the plug on it.

Edited by nadir
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

A few of us were so saddened to see this forum close, which we have been so much enjoying and contributing to these past few years, we decided to provide a place where the everythingc64 "refugees" would be welcomed.  We're just getting the new forum off of the ground, but we'd like to invite all Commodore enthusiasts, as well as our ex-everythingc64 friends and all retro computer users, to join us over at http://c64forum.com

David (aka virtualsky on everythingc64)

• Like 1