IGNORED

Assembly language VS batari Basic

kid_snz

23 minutes ago, orange808 said:

Still singing the ol' AtariAge ARM "greatest hits", I see.

If my project ever gets finished, you're going to sh*t your pants and have a seizure. Just know I'll be laughing at you when you complain.  ?

And, if you try to sell my efforts short with that "mere mortal" sh*t, I'll embarrass you.

I can't tell if you're actually angry or just joking.  I took the "mere mortal" comment as the joke it was intended to be FWIW.  I suppose if you truly have divine powers then you could theoretically be offended but I'd question why you're using your supernatural abilities exclusively to code for a classic console.  It seems like there are so many better uses... :)

23 minutes ago, LatchKeyKid said:

I can't tell if you're actually angry or just joking.  I took the "mere mortal" comment as the joke it was intended to be FWIW.  I suppose if you truly have divine powers then you could theoretically be offended but I'd question why you're using your supernatural abilities exclusively to code for a classic console.  It seems like there are so many better uses... :)

Not sure what you're getting at. Care to clarify? 

FWIW, how I use my own free time is my business. Also, I can walk and chew gum at the same time.  ?  Maybe the reason my hobby projects aren't done is because:  I've got other genuinely important things to do.

30 minutes ago, orange808 said:

Not sure what you're getting at. Care to clarify? 

FWIW, how I use my own free time is my business. Also, I can walk and chew gum at the same time.  ?  Maybe the reason my hobby projects aren't done is because:  I've got other genuinely important things to do.

Before you ask someone to clarify it would be good to explain yourself first.  You didn't identify who you were speaking to in your first frankly rude rude comment unrelated to the original topic.  Now you're being way too blunt with a beginner who just wants to know if assembly or BASIC is the way to go.  Please clarify yourself and tone your attitude down.  We're all AtariAge members looking to appreciate Atari and fellow enthusiasts.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, orange808 said:

And, that's why you brought up this conversation, right? To appreciate?

Let it drop.

You need to work on your communication skills.  If you can't explain yourself in a respectable manner then your point is lost.  I still have no idea why you chose to reply to my comments in this thread. 

UPDATE:  This is coming from personal experience NOT respecting people and finding later that my approach really does matter.  Also, a desire to know what you are trying to explain.

3 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

You need to work on your communication skills.  If you can't explain yourself in a respectable manner then your point is lost.  I still have no idea why you chose to reply to my comments in this thread. 

My last post simply echoed another comment. Yet, Mr The Loon, (how long have I been lurking, anyway?), I must earn mah street creds before I can speak, right?  ?

Edited by orange808
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, orange808 said:

My last post simply echoed another comment. Yet, Mr The Loon, (how long have I been lurking, anyway?), I must earn mah street creds before I can speak, right?  ?

Okay.  A little creepy that you bring up my nickname on other platforms.  Public knowledge but in this context it sounds like you're trying to scare me.

Like I said: I just want to understand your comments.  But, that appears to be too much for you.  Sad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

Okay.  A little creepy that you bring up my nickname on other platforms.  Public knowledge but in this context it sounds like you're trying to scare me.

Like I said: I just want to understand your comments.  But, that appears to be too much for you.  Sad.

Your original handle here. I've literally been reading this forum since it started.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, orange808 said:

Your original handle here. I've literally been reading this forum since it started.

Thank you for that.  Like I said: if you got something that competes with DPC+ I'd love to test it someday.  I'll drop the other thing at this point.  Best of luck on your projects!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Or perhaps an album by a progressive metal band.

Metal_Hoff.thumb.jpg.219410b7dcdb439039ca5ce86adb76d6.jpg

I'll go with Metal Hoff II from the Knight Rider thread, some awesome batari BASIC projects are still unfinished!

Very interesting ideas on this thread! :) 

I want to hear more about the c++ project and in particular what Orange808 is developing since he's already written a great Tron port in bB as a comparison reference for what to extend:

39 minutes ago, orange808 said:

Still singing the ol' AtariAge ARM "greatest hits", I see.

If my project ever gets finished, you're going to sh*t your pants and have a seizure. Just know I'll be laughing at you when you complain.  ?

And, if you try to sell my efforts short with that "mere mortal" sh*t, I'll embarrass you.

2 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;)

White Papers are fun to read, see below.

4 hours ago, LatchKeyKid said:

Sorry to ask for the clarification.  I didn't realize it was a topic minefield potentially.  With on cartridge expansions being a part of Atari gaming since the middle of the generation and NES from almost the beginning (as you said), I didn't think it was an issue so far into the future.  Though I do see a distinction between added ram or a sound chip and an actual improved CPU, as long as the original hardware is still doing most of the processing and not being completely bypassed then I'm fine with the assist as an evolution of what came before other than maybe qualifying for various award categories.

Regardless, I recently found out that my favorite homebrew games I've discovered so far use the bB standard kernel so I'm a bit more enthused about using that and trying to potentially work around the restrictions instead of bypassing them.  Of course that assumes that I get past the 10% inspiration and make any progress on the 90% perspiration part of the potential project.  :)

Here is a White Paper on another cool development option for writing BASIC and Assembly games that can also run cross platform on the Commodore 64 as "Super Atari Games" with details on planned support for two bB kernels as well! 

Game_Loader_Commodore_64_Atari_2600_Emulator_WhitePaper.pdf

16 hours ago, orange808 said:

To be perfectly honest, you're a genius and I especially wouldn't ever show you something that isn't presentable.

Hardly a genius, but thanks for the compliment. I've always admired those gifted people who can just do stuff seemingly without effort. I'm not one of those. I really think anyone, if they want something enough, can get most of the way there through persistence and application. I admire people who actually do stuff - and I don't judge/care how advanced it is. The raw beginner making an effort to learn and experiment - that's what I like, and that's why I make some effort to help out where I can.  It would be such a shame if people weren't showing me stuff through some misguided idea that it's "unworthy". 

• Like 3