IGNORED

All Atari VCS Games 50% off Until Sunday

livingonwheels

"Celebrate with us as we roll out yet another 50th Anniversary Treat. Half off of any and all Atari games from the VCS store including the recently released Gravitar: Recharged. This offer will only last through Sunday, so take advantage and use code "Atari50" on the VCS store today".

EDIT: I'm having issues. When I insert the code I get the message "This promocode not available to this product." I hope it's just a glitch, was hoping to stock up on VCS games today. Perhaps only games published by Atari are eligible?

Edited by livingonwheels

9 minutes ago, OBLIVION23 said:

It's only working for Atari published games and i had to type it as ATARI50 in all caps to get it working.  I had most if them already, but hey, i guess Ninja Golf for 1.50 on this is worth it, even though i have it boxed

That's disappointing. I was going to purchase anything that I even had a slight interest in. I own all of the Atari published games already, and have no need for any of their vintage games because I own most of them physically (including a boxed Ninja Golf just like you!)

I just grabbed the rest of the DosBox games and picked up MicroProse Soccer as those where the only games I refused to pick up due to the price but with the code applied they work out at just over £2 per game so not bad at all! This is a good chance for new VCS owners to pick up some bargains id be all over the Recharged games if I didn’t already own them lol. 

2 hours ago, Djmicklovin said:

And people really complain about the price of the VCS... At least we're not spending 60-70 dollars on games. The VCS pays for itself with the amount you save on games and ridiculous subscription services.

You can do just as well on an Xbox, Switch or PS5 without spending any money on subscription services.
They have sales of this type going on all the time.

With the added benefit of the servers not going down whenever there's a minor uptick in sales.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Leonard Smith said:

You can do just as well on an Xbox, Switch or PS5 without spending any money on subscription services.
They have sales of this type going on all the time.

With the added benefit of the servers not going down whenever there's a minor uptick in sales.  

You again? Come on bruh… I have a Series S i’m not hating. Game Pass is a good value, lots of free games. No complaints there. But the PS5 and Switch don’t have any such service that compares. They consistently charge full price for the same, rehashed games from a decade ago with slightly improved graphics/framerate. They milk you for every dime you got. If those games are so great why don’t they put them on PC or other platforms like Atari and Xbox does? You tell me how you’re saving money with Switch and PS5. 70 bucks a game doesn’t Sound like a good value.

Edited by Djmicklovin
  • Like 1

I literally left town this morning to go out of state for a week and of course this sale starts the day I left and my VCS is at home and I'm not back til after the sale ends. Is there anyplace l can log in somehow online and buy the games on sale and then when I get home go into my vcs and then download them? I'm pissed this started today and I'm out of town. I was waiting for this type of sale and they didnt do it the first 3 days of the celebration.

Any help would be awesome or if there is a way for me to reach an Atari VCS person and figure this out. 

Edited by UHATEIT

35 minutes ago, Atarick said:

Couldn't log in and was only going to buy BPM Boy anyways, so that stinks. If they do another sale I'll grab BasketBrawl and maybe AlienBrigade.

The sale is going on through the weekend so hopefully they will get their act together and get the server issues ironed out and you’ll still have time to pick those games up. And, when they had issues in the past, they did extend the sale.

• Like 1

I bought a bunch of games and had a few problems. I was charged twice for one game I bought, and another four I purchased are not added to my account, even though I was charged for them.

I reached out to customer service on the Atari site, so hopefully I can get this sorted out.

Anyone have a list of everything the sale applies to?

Here's what I was able to get the discount to work on:

Recharged Games:
Asteroids: Recharged
Black Widow: Recharged
Breakout: Recharged
Centipede: Recharged
Gravatar: Recharged
Missile Command: Recharged

Other VCS games:
Atari VCS Vault 2
Kombinera
Tempest 4000

7800 Games:
Alien Brigade 7800
Asteroids: 7800
Basketbrawl: 7800
Centipede: 7800
Dark Chambers: 7800
Desert Falcon: 7800
Fatal Run: 7800
Food Fight: 7800
Motor Psycho: 7800
Ninja Golf: 7800
Planet Smashers: 7800
Scrapyard Dog: 7800
Super Huey: 7800
Real Sports Baseball: 7800

Dosbox:
Ancient War In The Skies: Dosbox
Crusade In Europe: DOSBox
Dogfight: Dosbox
Harrier Jump Jet: DOSBox
MicroProse Soccer

I didn't try the 2600 games, since those are already in the Vault collections.

Edited by T.A.P.

I'm out of town the week they put this sale up. So I'm hoping there's a way to log in somehow and download them while I'm not with my vcs. There are some games not on your list I'd like to get and could test and confirm if they work, should the sale continue til I get home or can get Atari to help me figure out how to log in and download them from there I'm at.

This was great timing for me. I just picked up my VCS. Set it up this morning for the first time, and picked up all the Recharged titles, plus Tempest 4k, and Kombinera. Anybody know if this only applies to the VCS, or is it for all Atari titles on all current consoles?

Bought Tempest 4k, Fatal Run, and Kombinera. Although was charged for Kombinera, the game acts like it hasn't been purchased, and won't allow download. Opened an Atari ticket, probably be resolved later.

They just can't handle any type of sale. Love my VCS, but they definitely struggle when a sale happens.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SizzleAtari said:

Bought Tempest 4k, Fatal Run, and Kombinera. Although was charged for Kombinera, the game acts like it hasn't been purchased, and won't allow download. Opened an Atari ticket, probably be resolved later.

They just can't handle any type of sale. Love my VCS, but they definitely struggle when a sale happens.

Try rebooting. It'll then show up as Owned but not downloaded. Happened to me a few times with the Recharged games.

(And yes, while I never got my GameStop order, a friend got me one for a birthday gift! While I still think the asking price is a bit high for the value (not to get into that old chestnut), 50% off the games is pretty sweet.)

I have been having all sorts of problems getting a purchase to complete, but I noticed it seems to be working better over Ethernet and was able to buy the last of the catalog I didn't yet own. I now realize the MSDOS war games REQUIRE manuals that are not included nor easily available online, I've sent in a ticket to support. I have had two get into the "bought but can't download" state, and a reboot hasn't been helping, so two tickets for Adventure and Ancient Art as well. Nice sale, though.

Store is still having issues.  I'm getting a lot of error messages still.  I purchased a few games and the first two games would not down load.  Worse yet it does not say I own them but I do have receipts for the purchases from Atari and Paypal.  I'll try logging back on Sunday to see if the purchases show and I can download them.  If not contact support.