IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

48 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

I think I'll have to check these out!  Thanks!

And people said that nothing good could come from these threads about the Amico.  :)

Welcome! 

Like I said I've really been enjoying CoM. It's cool because even if you don't beat a floor and "die" there is still story stuff talking about the family.

30 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

I think they should change the name of the console to "Just Vaporware"TM...That way,  whether it releases or not...

Don't be such a gaming racist gatekeeping with all that talk!

It is funny that the barometer for success has been lowered so much that just having your TM is a "win" for them.

Really launching isn't a success and more just "hey you made it to the starting line...finally."

• Like 1

Now that Trademark-Gate is behind us.  What is next to get this console released?  For real!  

FCC/UL/CE all needs officially passed. 

Operating System/backend and online systems.

Then securing parts and manufacturing. 

Setting up retail partners.

So close. 

Edited by Rev
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Rev said:

Now that Trademark-Gate is behind us.  What is next to get this console released?  For real!  

FCC/UL/CE all needs officially passed. 

Operating System/backend and online systems.

Then securing parts and manufacturing. 

So close. 

What is your definition of release? 25-50 to YouTubers? Just Founders? Or all 6000ish preorders?

What they need is money. They need a miracle angel investor willing to give money to Sudesh and not make hardly anything back initially.

Allegedly they were wanting to file for chapter 11. This would allow them to wipe all debt. There was supposedly someone who said they would fund it but Sudesh blocked the bankruptcy filing because he probably wants his money back.

But even then if it is just for the 6000 is that really enough revenue to get it to mass market? If it can't reach mass market then this 6000ish consoles will be glorified plug n plays. 

I think the "games in development" has been greatly exaggerated and most things point to them having stopped paying devs for a long time. Armor Battle/Battle Tanks/Tank Tanks is a great example as to how most of the work from the first time they showed it to the Deep Dive fiasco was trying to remove evidence of them stealing assets.

At best I can only see them releasing to the 6000. The games will include the 6 pack ins, the boxed ones, and emoji charades. If they had more recognizable games like Night Stalker and Cloudy done they would be pushing them to get excitement for a miracle angel investor.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

It is funny that the barometer for success has been lowered so much that just having your TM is a "win" for them.

Really launching isn't a success and more just "hey you made it to the starting line...finally."

You're making up your own measure of success and then ridiculing it.

---------

Neither an angel investor nor selling Amicos would get them to mass production.  That will take short term financing.  This discussion is like a broken record.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

There is a LOT of discussion about the classic late 70’s, early 80’s console from Mattel happening in this thread. Also, so much talk of Intellivision games going on in this thread. This definitely belongs in this forum. This thread is also definitely not about the Amico which Al most definitely said was verboten, at least until it actually came out. Finally, this thread is definitely filled with comments from people who are big Intellivision fans, witnessed by the fact that certainly most of their comments in this classic Intellivision forum are absolutely not nearly 100% Amico related. 

• Like 1

Meaning no disrespect to anyone who invested here...I'm So Glad I didn't fall for this trainwreck!  And I could have, too.  At first I believed what most now view as lies...

For me, as soon as the discussion shifted from a new console and new games (some with a possible Intellivision connection) to Family friendly, couch coop, nonviolent, play with your kids blah, blah, blah...I lost interest.

And, you gotta question your choices when Nutari VCS owners are basking in the glory(?), of their machines,...All fully  ummm, released I guess...

Meanwhile those of us who bought Evercades* are getting 2 new Metroidvania type games on 1 cart!  ? **

*Yeah we know a lot of it is re-runs,  but there's also homebrews and independents...And if I'm not mistaken a handheld and a VS. is still cheaper than an Amico...just sayin'

**Dual Cart #2: Alwa’s Awakening (NES) and Cathedral (Native!)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

Meaning no disrespect to anyone who invested here...I'm So Glad I didn't fall for this trainwreck!  And I could have, too.  At first I believed what most now view as lies...

For me, as soon as the discussion shifted from a new console and new games (some with a possible Intellivision connection) to Family friendly, couch coop, nonviolent, play with your kids blah, blah, blah...I lost interest.

And, you gotta question your choices when Nutari VCS owners are basking in the glory(?), of their machines,...All fully  ummm, released I guess...

Meanwhile those of us who bought Evercades* are getting 2 new Metroidvania type games on 1 cart!  ? **

*Yeah we know a lot of it is re-runs,  but there's also homebrews and independents...And if I'm not mistaken a handheld and a VS. is still cheaper than an Amico...just sayin'

**Dual cart #2: Alwa’s Awakening (NES) and Cathedral (Native!)

I've heard good things about Alwa but don't know anything about Cathedral.

Do you have the Intv collections? I've head they include overlays. Is it an overlay you could put in an original controller or more of a tchotchke? Is it true that neither has the ADD ToT game?

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

You're making up your own measure of success and then ridiculing it.

---------

Neither an angel investor nor selling Amicos would get them to mass production.  That will take short term financing.  This discussion is like a broken record.

I wasn't the one saying the VCS preorders were horrible and that Amico would be in retail and disrupt the industry. That was IE.

So yeah them getting to just the basic launch is laughable to what was promised. All the while ridiculing those who had simple questions. That barometer wasn't set by me, and I didn't make the investment videos making claims that J allard was an Avenger and that people were predicted to make 10x their return. I didn't tell people it, "was on the launchpad" with my hand out asking for $1000. I wasn't the one claiming it was completely legit and not crowdfunding because people could get their 100% refundable deposit anytime, (which they can't).

Sorry if you are so invested in it that my laughing at it bothers you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cmart604 said:

There is a LOT of discussion about the classic late 70’s, early 80’s console from Mattel happening in this thread. Also, so much talk of Intellivision games going on in this thread. This definitely belongs in this forum. This thread is also definitely not about the Amico which Al most definitely said was verboten, at least until it actually came out. Finally, this thread is definitely filled with comments from people who are big Intellivision fans, witnessed by the fact that certainly most of their comments in this classic Intellivision forum are absolutely not nearly 100% Amico related. 

Respectfully, you know you can just ignore threads that don't interest you, right?   One active Amico thread should not ruin the flow of your experience on the forums. 

Anyways, the whole trademark thing isn't shocking considering everything that has gone on with this project.  Just another oddity within the company.  Phil stated the project is still alive, but until I see evidence of consoles being manufactured people should take anything they say with a grain of salt.

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Anyways, the whole trademark thing isn't shocking considering everything that has gone on with this project.  Just another oddity within the company.  Phil stated the project is still alive, but until I see evidence of consoles being manufactured people should take anything they say with a grain of salt.

I just heard that the address on the new trademark is for a UPS store. 

New partnership?

*Edit:Screenshot_20220706-004449_Chrome.thumb.jpg.69a8ee79b3aee8c2737de2059687ba17.jpgScreenshot_20220706-004700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.793c02cf4360ff4c931ca119ba36d58c.jpg

Edited by MrBeefy
The office is abandoned after all...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Respectfully, you know you can just ignore threads that don't interest you, right?   One active Amico thread should not ruin the flow of your experience on the forums. 

To be clear, I have no problem with this thread existing, it just has no business being in the classic Intellivision forums. It has zero to do with the point of this forum. People can debate/crap on/Stan for the Amico in the modern consoles forum to their hearts content as far as I'm concerned. (Just like the New Atari console has its own separate forum from the 2600). 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cmart604 said:

To be clear, I have no problem with this thread existing, it just has no business being in the classic Intellivision forums. It has zero to do with the point of this forum. People can debate/crap on/Stan for the Amico in the modern consoles forum to their hearts content as far as I'm concerned. (Just like the New Atari console has its own separate forum from the 2600). 

Oh, absolutely, I'm not against the idea of Amico threads simply being moved to a different section.  I do think there is some benefit of allowing people to discuss any news related to Amico if for nothing else but to at least keep people updated who don't rely on social media to get their news. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Oh, absolutely, I'm not against the idea of Amico threads simply being moved to a different section.  I do think there is some benefit of allowing people to discuss any news related to Amico if for nothing else but to at least keep people updated who don't rely on social media to get their news. 

Agreed. ??

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Do you have the Intv collections? I've head they include overlays. Is it an overlay you could put in an original controller or more of a tchotchke? Is it true that neither has the ADD ToT game?

No, they're cards with tips that look like Intellivision carts (I also thought they were overlays at first because they're full of icons around the same size as numeric keys). I guess it's still more convenient that keeping the manual open next to you (Cloudy Mountain and Tower of Doom take more pages in the manual than any Evercade game I've ever seen). And the cart doesn't cost more anyway so there's no reason to complain.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I've heard good things about Alwa but don't know anything about Cathedral.

I wasn't the one saying the VCS preorders were horrible and that Amico would be in retail and disrupt the industry. That was IE.

What Roots said ;)  Yeah I only have the First Intellivision Collection,  which contains no cards (unless they ripped me off (joke)) ...

As far as Dual Cart #2: Alwa’s Awakening and Cathedral,  I just really liked the screenshots and the descriptions!  I can tell these games are gonna be right up my alley!   As are a lot of Atari 7800 homebrews.  I only mention it because in the beginning of the Amico fiasco,  it seemed possible that many types of games could be coming out for it,  including some stuff I might enjoy.  But as things progressed, and not even talking about launch or non launch of the console;  The ideas for games appeared to change.  What I thought might be more of a throwback to retro gaming became more like a modern take on retro gaming,  complete with way too many lighting and particle effects and other slick polish that often makes it hard to tell what's actually going on in the game...Nawww, just give me an NES or Genesis/SNES/TG16 style game any day and I will be happy...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

Yes correct, to answer your earlier question:no Treasure of Tarmin on the first two carts.

That kind of stinks. Are there enough Intellivision owned IPs left to do a vol 3? Or was it left off because it literally uses every button and the evercade controller doesn't have enough?

8 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

As far as Dual Cart #2: Alwa’s Awakening and Cathedral,  I just really liked the screenshots and the descriptions!  I can tell these games are gonna be right up my alley!   As are a lot of Atari 7800 homebrews.  I only mention it because in the beginning of the Amico fiasco,  it seemed possible that many types of games could be coming out for it,  including some stuff I might enjoy.  But as things progressed, and not even talking about launch or non launch of the console;  The ideas for games appeared to change.  What I thought might be more of a throwback to retro gaming became more like a modern take on retro gaming,  complete with way too many lighting and particle effects and other slick polish that often makes it hard to tell what's actually going on in the game...Nawww, just give me an NES or Genesis/SNES/TG16 style game any day and I will be happy...

If you had watched as many YT videos as I have you would notice that a lot of things would change to fit what that person would like. I mean the whole, "wouldn't that be something" is just a tactic that was continually used to get people think that things would come that probably wouldn't happen.

As far as give me NES SNES style games check out Oniken and Odallus. Oniken was fun and made me feel like I was playing Contra or Ninja Gaiden again. 

Odallus will give you Castlevania vibes. I really liked it and got both of them on sale on my Switch and they were worth every penny. 

7800 homebrewers really made the console worth owning beyond another way to play 2600 games. Bently Bear Crystal Quest is by far my favorite.

There are some new ones I need to check out (knight guy, dragons, wizard) that look great.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Yes correct, to answer your earlier question:no Treasure of Tarmin on the first two carts.

Treasure of Tarmin with an evercade controller wouldn't work so well.

8 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

So yeah them getting to just the basic launch is laughable to what was promised. All the while ridiculing those who had simple questions. That barometer wasn't set by me, and I didn't make the investment videos making claims that J allard was an Avenger and that people were predicted to make 10x their return. I didn't tell people it, "was on the launchpad" with my hand out asking for $1000. I wasn't the one claiming it was completely legit and not crowdfunding because people could get their 100% refundable deposit anytime, (which they can't).

Sorry if you are so invested in it that my laughing at it bothers you.

Don't know who said Atari VCS orders are horrible but that would depend on that company's objectives. Was Atari even marketing the system beyond their fan base.  Speaking of the Atari VCS, there's also plenty of ridicule on Atariage towards the Atari VCS system and those that were looking forward to it.  I'm not invested in either of these systems and I've commented on both of them.  All the ridicule is bad behaviour, it should bother everyone and goes against Atariage guidelines, each person is responsible for their part.  But ridicule based on something made up, doesn't even make sense.

Their goal with Amico was and is to sell hundreds of thousands to a new audience not a few thousand to retro gaming fans.  If they don't think they can do that, they should give up.  Again, an independent investment advisor listed the 10x return in their video, based on some theoretical best case scenario, the charts on Amico pages on Republic show about 3x.  People were getting their deposits refunded on request for two years, until they ran out of money.  They did fund this company, over 96%, through investors with only a small fraction from customer deposits.  They did build a company to launch a console, teams of full time engineers and programmers and videogame production managers on staff.  Things don't always go as planned.  But the ridicule, as I pointed out, was based on something made up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1