IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

2 minutes ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

I heard Pat & Ian announce this a few days ago. Lol, pretty crazy.. They were pretty much right on the money this whole time. ?

The warning signs have been there. The product couldn't speak for itself. It needed someone to continually either make it about podcasters or "haters". They even had employees astroturfing online acting like non-employees. It is sad that a basic android box wasted this much money and still hasn't seen the light of day.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Hooray!?

Now all the haters can celebrate failure,and find something new to bash on.

Actually all joking aside, according to the most recent Official Intellivision update, its looking very good for a release this year.  

Very very few “haters” Ive seen are, and have been celebrating failure of the Amico.    Stating facts and observing and commenting and asking questions on the news and information coming out of Intellivision Entertainment was never hating or gaming racism.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rev said:

Actually all joking aside, according to the most recent Official Intellivision update, its looking very good for a release this year.  

Very very few “haters” Ive seen are, and have been celebrating failure of the Amico.    Stating facts and observing and commenting and asking questions on the news and information coming out of Intellivision Entertainment was never hating or gaming racism.

Hey,all this may be true.

But as Cmart said,this should be posted in the modern console section so those of us who are here for the Intellivision threads aren't constantly reminded of what it may or may not be.

Sure,it is a sore spot for me as my enthusiasm and hope has been diminished for obvious reasons.

So if I don't see threads about it in the Intellivision section I am way less likely to search for or find one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rev said:

The update mentions making a few units to share with partners, investors, and media.  You can't release a product with just hope.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cmart604 said:

This should be moved to the modern console forums as it has nothing to do with the classic Intellivision that we're here to talk about, just like the Atari VCS isn't in the 2600 forums. 

I have nothing against moving it to the modern console forums one day in the future, but for now, it should be in the "Imaginary Consoles" forum (subtitle: "Hopes and Dreams").

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Hey,all this may be true.

But as Cmart said,this should be posted in the modern console section so those of us who are here for the Intellivision threads aren't constantly reminded of what it may or may not be.

Sure,it is a sore spot for me as my enthusiasm and hope has been diminished for obvious reasons.

So if I don't see threads about it in the Intellivision section I am way less likely to search for or find one.

Amico’s origin is very deeply rooted in the nostalgia of the Mattel Intellivision. Thats what we were sold on.

Without the Intellivision name attached it may as well be any system. The vast majority of games are cell phone or flash ports. Now if released it wont even have Earthworm Jim, Toe Jam & Earl, and I doubt Dolphin Quest will be on it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, mr_me said:

The update mentions making a few units to share with partners, investors, and media.  You can't release a product with just hope.

Now you sound like a hater!  What is going on here??!!? 

If Pat/Ian or Darius Truxton would of said you cant release a console on hope they would of been ripped a new one by former Amico managers.

Edited by Rev
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

This is what their update said:

"... Obviously, the markets continue to be somewhat volatile with rising inflation, rising energy costs and lingering supply chain issues that affect all manufacturing businesses. This has impacted both our costs and pricing, and it has required us to narrow our initial distribution strategy. Our hope is that we start shipping production units this year."

Maybe they will ship this year, but based on what they said, I don't think it's correct to say it's looking good.

31 minutes ago, Rev said:

Amico’s origin is very deeply rooted in the nostalgia of the Mattel Intellivision. Thats what we were sold on.

Without the Intellivision name attached it may as well be any system. The vast majority of games are cell phone or flash ports. Now if released it wont even have Earthworm Jim, Toe Jam & Earl, and I doubt Dolphin Quest will be on it. 

The  majority of Amico games are not cell phone or flash ports.

You can discuss how any modern console emulates Intellivision games in the Intellivision section.  You can also discuss modern games that are inspired by Intellivision games in the Intellivision section, regardless of what system they're on.  These things would not be off topic here.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

@thread

I reported this on June 2 and waited almost a month to do so. It's old news.

Brief description and reference

Since "Intellivision" IS registered and they filed for extension on the figurative mark for "Amico" (which means those are NOT dead),

please explain to me why they can not simply use those 2 in combination to say "Intellivision Amico".

I'm not arguing the relevance of this. I'm just curious how you all drew this conclusion.

51 minutes ago, mr_me said:

This is what their update said:

"... Obviously, the markets continue to be somewhat volatile with rising inflation, rising energy costs and lingering supply chain issues that affect all manufacturing businesses. This has impacted both our costs and pricing, and it has required us to narrow our initial distribution strategy. Our hope is that we start shipping production units this year."

Maybe they will ship this year, but based on what they said, I don't think it's correct to say it's looking good.

The  majority of Amico games are not cell phone or flash ports.

You can discuss how any modern console emulates Intellivision games in the Intellivision section.  You can also discuss modern games that are inspired by Intellivision games in the Intellivision section, regardless of what system they're on.  These things would not be off topic here.

There is enough flash/cell ports to get the bad reputation, so thats too many.  Care Bears Racing and Sesame Street? Wasnt one of these a free game on a website?  

• Like 1