IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

They did say the hardware is complete. Even if the product is ready, they still have to buy components, and go through a number of steps in the  manufacturing process before they are ready for the production of commercial units.  Stuff we already went over in this thread.

Did you not see the Intellivision newsletter in late 2021 that stated Amico entered production?   

So, they are, and have been ready for production, and by their own words already IN PRODUCTION.   

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rev said:

Did you not see the Intellivision newsletter in late 2021 that stated Amico entered production?   

So, they are, and have been ready for production, and by their own words already IN PRODUCTION.   

It can be confusing to know exactly what a manufacturer means when it says a () is in production, because different companies use different definitions of the term.

Same discussion with Dell

More re:IT context and s/w

Google says:

Definition: The process of preparing the product for introduction into the marketplace. Objective: The objective of the pre-production prototype is to develop the manufacturing processes and techniques required to produce the product.

Edited by number6
added references

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

That was a strange email update.  It just left more questions.  What do they mean by pre-production?  Are they in manufacturing? They've already been producing units for developers for years.  It wasn't a good email.  Like I said there's a number of steps in manufacturing before the production of commercial units.  There's preproduction units, then there's test units, then there's commercial units.

Edited by mr_me

3 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Yes, that was a strange email.  It just left more questions.  What do they mean by pre-production?  Are they in manufacturing? They've already been producing units for developers for years.  It wasn't a good email.  Like I said there's a number of steps in manufacturing before the production of commercial units.  There's preproduction units, then there's test units, then there's commercial units.

Im sure in was confusing and vague by design. 

• Thanks 1

What I got out of it is that they had a pre-production prototype ready that that could give a manufacturer.  They passed fcc compliance tests a few months back, they secured a manufacturing loan at about the same time.  They were in a position to step into manufacturing.  If they ordered parts, delivery could take time.

Edited by mr_me

45 minutes ago, mr_me said:

(At one time they had $150M manufacturing line of credit that they don't have anymore)

Well actually we do not know that the line of credit no longer exists.  Neither IE nor anyone else working for IE has said the line of credit no longer exists.  So logically since it was announced it still exists until renounced. 

Edited by rayik
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Correct. They did not get certified by the FCC and have not finished fully passing compliance testing.

If they passed fcc testing like their engineers said than that prototype is fcc compliant without certification.  The prototype can change before and in manufacturing, so you don't want to submit for certification until you get to that stage.

Edited by mr_me

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

What I got out of it is that they had a pre-production prototype ready that that could give a manufacturer.  They passed fcc compliance tests a few months back, they secured a manufacturing loan at about the same time.  They were in a position to step into manufacturing.  If they ordered parts, delivery could take time.

They (possibly) passed PRIVATE fcc compliance preliminary tests.  

Official FCC certs are not complete according to FCC official website. 

1D36C57A-64B8-4D55-8318-19FFBA1241BE.jpeg

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If they passed fcc testing like their engineers said than that prototype is fcc compliant without certification.  The prototype can change before and in manufacturing, so you don't want to submit for certification until you get to that stage.

They have been at that stage for 2 years. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Rev said:

If their prototype does not exceed the limits of fcc unintended radio frequency emissions, as their testing shows, than they are fcc compliant.  They haven't needed certification yet.  When was the last time you checked it they have certification.

12 minutes ago, Rev said:

They have been at that stage for 2 years. 

They can wait as long as they want before putting their product in the market.

15 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

I still have some questions regarding the FCC certification. Please continue discussion on this topic, not just for me, but for the benefit of all. Thanks in advance.

This horse isn't dead, it's clearly got at least 5,000 more miles in it!

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Rev said:

You didnt see the FCC stickers on the back of the controllers? There is no way they just ordered custom stickers from Amazon…..

If it isn't an Intellivision stick photo it isn't real.

2 hours ago, number6 said:

I watched the source at 11:25. 

Yes it's quite clear.

So he states he's getting this private interview and showing and even has to sign an NDA, yet he clearly doesn't know the name of what he just experienced.

I am beginning to understand your comments about utubers as it relates to news.

By 2018 they had settled on the name as well as the name for the lighting system. Yes.

Supporting link taken from Intellivision source

I always forget the name of products that impress me which are industry disruptors.

2 hours ago, Rev said:

They didnt need multiple extravagant and expensive offices to begin with. It was all show and fluff and drained the coffers.   Phil Adam made a good move to end the charade and stop the bleeding. But the statement released recently about the closed offices wasnt entirely correct. 

tumblr_n2evlqgunn1sbf1mqo4_500.gif.9fb7628a64bd36d1869873274abf474c.gifActually, instead of it being a Producers-like situation it may be something else. This was probably an elaborate ruse for Tommy to avoid having a kid with his wife since the deal was to put 100% into Amico. If he hadn't have done that he would have a toddler by now and realize that their product is crap for the intended market.

32 minutes ago, Rev said:

If they bought equipment to do it themselves then they are even more dumb than we think they are.

So it's quite possible they wasted that money.

23 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

I still have some questions regarding the FCC certification. Please continue discussion on this topic, not just for me, but for the benefit of all. Thanks in advance.

I know! It is so intriguing. I wish there was like some phoney meat person who would have pointed this out a year ago!

We know IE is really bad with words. So when they said emissions I think they really meant admissions test for FCC.

5 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

Also, Gaterooze Id like to request Hater Mountain after Hate Stalker is done. 

I think instead of Hater Mountain it should be Cloudy Hater. Mainly because anything IE does is hazy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5-11under said:

Correct, Amico FCC is not passed or certified with the Gov agency known as FCC. 

?

Edited by Rev
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Rev said:

Correct, Amico FCC is not passed or certified with the Gov agency known as FCC. 

?

It's actually third party, fcc approved certification labs that do the fcc testing and certification.  They can also do fcc testing without certification like the ones their engineers said they passed

Edited by mr_me

17 minutes ago, 5-11under said:

That sounds too simple.

Well unless your innept like IE. Then everything is like rocket science. Hence the launchpad. 

When stating they were on the launchpad he probably meant they were learning how to spell Intellivision. Which as of 4 months ago they had still not accomplished.

Screenshot_20220730-143906_YouTube.thumb.jpg.6548ab2178aa3a6639d26accc5376673.jpg

That's why they've worked so hard on their FCC admissions. They have a lot of learning to get caught up on.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Well unless your innept like IE. Then everything is like rocket science. Hence the launchpad. 

When stating they were on the launchpad he probably meant they were learning how to spell Intellivision. Which as of 4 months ago they had still not accomplished.

Screenshot_20220730-143906_YouTube.thumb.jpg.6548ab2178aa3a6639d26accc5376673.jpg

That's why they've worked so hard on their FCC admissions. They have a lot of learning to get caught up on.

Amico needs so see a doctor about their premature emissions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

I wonder if they've mastered the art of cutting inside the lines yet. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

It's actually third party, fcc approved certification labs that do the fcc testing and certification.  They can also do fcc testing without certification like the ones their engineers said they passed

Correct, Amico FCC is not passed or certified with the Gov agency known as FCC. 

• Haha 1