IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

Here's the thing with the FCC testing. What mr_me says is technically true, that they could get preliminary testing done but not certified testing, and only technically need to get the certification when ready to sell the system. However doing things this way is absolutely insane and shows that Intellivision is either lying or have no idea what they are doing. Kevtris, who does know what he is doing, has said the same thing. If your hardware is "complete", like they say, and you passed FCC testing then there is no reason why you would not have the certification done immediately. To do otherwise is taking an astonishing risk, for no reason whatsoever. You would be negligent to continue doing anything related to production without it, because what happens if the FCC denies approval for some unforeseen reason? You'd need to scrap anything in production, lose any deposits for tooling or production lines, redesign hardware, cancel release dates, etc etc (I'm now wondering if this was how they wasted their $1.3m with Ark). Why risk that? It does not make sense.

Think about it, they were probably confident of passing the first time they submitted for FCC testing - but they failed, and they had to make hardware changes. So we know their confidence was wrong at least once before, who's to say they are right this time? Preliminary testing is not final testing, something could go wrong - and even if it was a 0.1% chance of that happening, that's still too much of a risk to not do it before proceeding any further, when there is no good reason not to.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

Here's the thing with the FCC testing. What mr_me says is technically true, that they could get preliminary testing done but not certified testing, and only technically need to get the certification when ready to sell the system. However doing things this way is absolutely insane and shows that Intellivision is either lying or have no idea what they are doing. Kevtris, who does know what he is doing, has said the same thing. If your hardware is "complete", like they say, and you passed FCC testing then there is no reason why you would not have the certification done immediately. To do otherwise is taking an astonishing risk, for no reason whatsoever. You would be negligent to continue doing anything related to production without it, because what happens if the FCC denies approval for some unforeseen reason? You'd need to scrap anything in production, lose any deposits for tooling or production lines, redesign hardware, cancel release dates, etc etc (I'm now wondering if this was how they wasted their $1.3m with Ark). Why risk that? It does not make sense.

Think about it, they were probably confident of passing the first time they submitted for FCC testing - but they failed, and they had to make hardware changes. So we know their confidence was wrong at least once before, who's to say they are right this time? Preliminary testing is not final testing, something could go wrong - and even if it was a 0.1% chance of that happening, that's still too much of a risk to not do it before proceeding any further, when there is no good reason not to.

I think we might be a little to generous when we simply call IE inept. 

It is in actuality a lot worse I imagine.

I mean they can't spell their company name correctly and yet people think they don't run the risk of shitting a brick out of the factory.

33 minutes ago, gaterooze_ink said:

“What mr_me says is technically true”

Who are you, and where is the real Gaterooze?!!!!

For sure though, we all know what Intellivision Entertainment has stated that the “preliminary, behind the scenes, unnofficial, or whatever term you want to use regarding FCC, has “passed”.  

That is not official certification or passing with the FCC/CE agencies.  No matter how much Mr Me or I.E. says its “passed” it is NOT until its on the FCC website.  

No big deal though, whenever Amico hardware, pcbs, games, Operating system, backend, online, etc etc are all complete then itll just take a minute to grab that FCC cert and launch. Getting FCC compliance cert is a mere formality as Amico hardware has been complete for 2 years now. Haters!

?

Edited by Rev
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rev said:

Who are you, and where is the real Garterooze?!!!!

For sure though, we all know what Intellivision Entertainment has stated that the “preliminary, behind the scenes, unnofficial, or whatever term you want to use regarding FCC, has “passed”.  

That is not official certification or passing with the FCC/CE agencies.  No matter how much Mr Me or I.E. says its “passed” it is NOT until its on the FCC website.  

No big deal though, whenever Amico hardware, pcbs, games, Operating system, backend, online, etc etc are all complete then itll just take a minute to grab that FCC cert and launch.

?

If they "passed", not getting the FCC cert just shows they don't intend to sell anything. 

Which seems very likely with how they've done nothing but blow money for 2 years with no progress.

If you know you aren't going to sell it, why spend the money on FCC when that same money could go towards your paycheck?

Think About It GIF by Identity

1 hour ago, Rev said:

Correct, Amico FCC is not passed or certified with the Gov agency known as FCC. 

That's not surprising since the FCC doesn't test or certify products themselves.

1 hour ago, gaterooze_ink said:

That's why you do preliminary testing, to test preliminary prototypes. Have a look at a certifying labs website, they talk about preliminary fcc testing as part of the development process.  They may have failed preliminary testing prior to passing, that's how it works.  If they passed rf emissions testing like they said they did, why would they fail if they submit the same revision.  Last we heard they passed fcc rf emissions was around July 2021, there may not have been any hardware revisions after that.

They can have a complete design/prototype to submit for manufacturing.  However, manufacturing engineers during pre-production can work with the company to revise the product to optimise it for manufacturing, plus there's a chance that the components sourced for manufacturing causes a resubmission.  Any fcc certification obtained prior to these changes would have been useless.  That's much more likely than the same revision failing a test it previously passed.  (Nobody is saying they should get fcc certification only prior to selling the product.  They should get it prior to the production of consumer units.) And we have no idea how close or far they are from the production of consumer units or if they are even in manufacturing.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, mr_me said:

And we have no idea how close or far they are from the production of consumer units or if they are even in manufacturing.

Intellivision's CEO, Nov 2021: "Amico Production has begun! [...] we've completed our pre-production and started our formal production of Amico consoles"

That's why I said they were either lying or incompetent. If pre-production was complete and they were ready to manufacture, any competent company would have the certification.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

We already talked about that November update. And later during Startengine they said they are in pre-production.  No mention of manufacturing, other than a manufacturing loan they secured around the same time last November.  That's why I said they might have completed their pre-production prototype last November, ready for a manufacturer.   In any case pre-production is not the production of consumer units, nor do we know if it's even with a manufacturer.  Last we heard from them we are waiting for the production of a few test units.  Nothing about manufacturing thousands of consumer units.

Edited by mr_me
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

That's not surprising since the FCC doesn't test or certify products themselves.

That's why you do preliminary testing, to test preliminary prototypes. Have a look at a certifying labs website, they talk about preliminary fcc testing as part of the development process.  They may have failed preliminary testing prior to passing, that's how it works.  If they passed rf emissions testing like they said they did, why would they fail if they submit the same revision.  Last we heard they passed fcc rf emissions was around July 2021, there may not have been any hardware revisions after that.

They can have a complete design/prototype to submit for manufacturing.  However, manufacturing engineers during pre-production can work with the company to revise the product to optimise it for manufacturing, plus there's a chance that the components sourced for manufacturing causes a resubmission.  Any fcc certification obtained prior to these changes would have been useless.  That's much more likely than the same revision failing a test it previously passed.  (Nobody is saying they should get fcc certification only prior to selling the product.  They should get it prior to the production of consumer units.) And we have no idea how close or far they are from the production of consumer units or if they are even in manufacturing.

What products have you personally worked on to obtain FCC certification so that you know the process so well from your own personal experience?

What first hand knowledge do you have regarding what IE did in regards to FCC testing?  And watching an interview or reading something on the internet is not first hand knowledge.

Looking forward to reading about your personal experience, or your new definition of words, or your quoting this post and then talking about something else.  My money is on 3 of those 4 possibilities.

Edited by rayik
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, gaterooze_ink said:

Intellivision's CEO, Nov 2021: "Amico Production has begun! [...] we've completed our pre-production and started our formal production of Amico consoles"

That's why I said they were either lying or incompetent. If pre-production was complete and they were ready to manufacture, any competent company would have the certification.

Don't rule out them being both.  I don't know why the FCC certs are even a topic of discussion.   We're all adults here.  It's the end of the line for Tommyvision and the Tallamico.  They need a lot of money to get the job done, and they have no sources of revenue.   They're done.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Rev said:

FF4BDB93-789C-40CC-AA09-CBB166046459.jpeg

6og208.jpg.607d15273a0f1c756b73db0b8ebfdb64.jpg

1 hour ago, rayik said:

What products have you personally worked on to obtain FCC certification so that you know the process so well from your own personal experience?

What first hand knowledge do you have regarding what IE did in regards to FCC testing?  And watching an interview or reading something on the internet is not first hand knowledge.

Looking forward to reading about your personal experience, or your new definition of words, or your quoting this post and then talking about something else.  My money is on 3 of those 4 possibilities.

But Tommy and friends told me so! They are making a console called friend so that means they are on the up and up.

So 8 months, or so, ago they were past pre-production and starting formal production. Yet someone they are back at pre-production?Screenshot_20220730-212301_Reddit.thumb.jpg.eeb64d4c122c567dec79bf066e560753.jpg

Remember that was end of year 2021. But hey the bar of success for them is below the basement.

Yay they can keep their trademarks active! They can do easy print on demand items! Great success! Disruptor in the industry! 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

We need more words defined or redefined. ?

preliminary prototype

preliminary testing

preliminary fcc testing

• Haha 4

Just now, Rev said:

We need more words defined or redefined. ?

preliminary prototype

preliminary testing

preliminary fcc testing

It's almost as if you don't remember that the definition of these words will magically change based upon the need to counter-argue points.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Rev said:

EDB7E365-C1B7-4791-A29B-02E72DBD00A3.jpeg

Why are you searching? They already passed all internal testing and are in pre-production. They just need to complete the hardware, finish most games, do the back end, set up network infrastructure for the servers, get certified (but this is just a formality because they passed all internal testing), then produce it, manufacture it, and ship it to the six billion guaranteed purchasers. This isn't rocket science. I don't understand how you don't get how close they are, after all they said it was on the launchpad.

No money, you say? Again, mere formality. They passed internal "have money" testing, and being certified for "have money" is just a total formality now that they just somehow forgot to do, which is totally normal for all companies developing a product.

Also, if you ask any questions to follow up, all of these words mean the exact opposite so that I'm always right. THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED. Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4