IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

13 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

My setup is a lot less impressive these days.  I scaled down to just my LTO flash and a handful of boxed games since we moved into a much smaller space.

I am in a similar boat ( dingy )  LOL,  Well.  We have space.  But I don't have 100% say over what is in the space.  Remember being single!  LOL

I cannot complain, I still have a lot of $h..Stuff.   Exercise equipment takes up a lot of room.  So, still having a 2600, 5200, 7800, Colecovision, Intellvision(s), TI99, C64 etc. etc.  Plus expansions etc.

I really cannot complain.  And  these days, I actually only use the Ultimate Flashback, Phoenix and lately the Atari VCS 800. Got a Page not found message today on it...  Maybe network wasn't connected.

Just wanted to get a few quick games in, so didn't mess with it.  Maybe tonight.

Do you have pix from the event you won best setup?

And, yes, Did IE/TT provide anything to the setup?

Edited by 1980gamer
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

So what did he provide to this setup?

I'm lost as to how he thought he earned this. Like he didn't give you the console, set up, or pay for the table?

He had someone mail me some business cards that I placed at my display as a courtesy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

9 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

I am in a similar boat ( dingy )  LOL,  Well.  We have space.  But I don't have 100% say over what is in the space.  Remember being single!  LOL

I cannot complain, I still have a lot of $h..Stuff.   Exercise equipment takes up a lot of room.  So, still having a 2600, 5200, 7800, Colecovision, Intellvision(s), TI99, C64 etc. etc.  Plus expansions etc.

I really cannot complain.  And  these days, I actually only use the Ultimate Flashback, Phoenix and lately the Atari VCS 800. Got a Page not found message today on it...  Maybe network wasn't connected.

Just wanted to get a few quick games in, so didn't mess with it.  Maybe tonight.

Do you have pix from the event you won best setup?

And, yes, Did IE/TT provide anything to the setup?

I may can dig some up some pics, but I'd also bet a forum search would give you some results.  There were several AA members around. 

I did find a pic of our vendor booth setup that year. 

44521409_1235848726553166_7007259127906828288_n.jpg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Rowsdower70 said:

I may can dig some up some pics, but I'd also bet a forum search would give you some results.  There were several AA members around. 

I did find a pic of our vendor booth setup that year. 

44521409_1235848726553166_7007259127906828288_n.jpg

13 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Clearly that was the key contribution that tied the whole thing together, entitling him to the award.

I agree the business cards totally tied all of that together.

• Haha 8

Just now, MarioMan88 said:

Clearly the business cards brought new shit to light man…

What if the reason he thought he earned the award wasn't because of providing business cards, but because it was an Intv console displayed and he owned IE?

?

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, MrBeefy said:

What if the reason he thought he earned the award wasn't because of providing business cards, but because it was an Intv console displayed and he owned IE?

?

You may be onto something ?

I think we will be hearing more of these type stories as time goes on and Amico slip futures into the pantheon of console ideas, scams, flops….etc etc etc.

• Like 2

For real though I can't even imagine having the audacity to ask someone else to send me an award for something.

Was it politely worded, what was the justification, if any? Was it just "wow that's so cool, go ahead and send that to me at X address" - I think I already know the answer but am asking anyway.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

For real though I can't even imagine having the audacity to ask someone else to send me an award for something.

Was it politely worded, what was the justification, if any? Was it just "wow that's so cool, go ahead and send that to me at X address" - I think I already know the answer but am asking anyway.

I really curious too. It just sounds like such a awkward thing to do.

8 minutes ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I'm trying to remember what the exact wording was, let me see if I can find the message. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

The people that care are those that are obsessed with a certain individual.

Here’s the issue. For 99% percent of the population, no one cares if you embellish your resume. No one is going to go through and see what awards you received 20 years ago because, you’re right, no one cares.

EXCEPT when you make yourself the public face of a multi million dollar company. Once you’re in a position that people write press releases to hype your involvement, your actions and past reflect on the company you are representing. This is why I gently suggested to TT multiple times that he should step into a background role and hire a spokesperson to be that face. 

I am speaking from experience on this. I have had journalists go through my background to check in on what communication folk have said about me. I’ve been google searched every time I’ve moved to a new position. Part of what you are being paid to do is represent the company in a positive manner. So it speaks poorly of IE as an organization that they allowed these inconsistencies in their materials. 

You can’t take a public facing job like that, with the perks that go with it, and then get upset when people question items in your background. If you don’t want people “obsessing” over a fake Hall of Fame claim, don’t put it out there. If you want to keep telling all those stories, then have someone else be the public face- that way there is more of a separation between TT the person and IE the company. I told TT this multiple times. He basically caused IE to be so closely associated with him that his lies became IE’s lies, and his public meltdowns became IE’s public meltdowns. It’s a shame and didn’t have to be this way.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Here’s the issue. For 99% percent of the population, no one cares if you embellish your resume. No one is going to go through and see what awards you received 20 years ago because, you’re right, no one cares.

EXCEPT when you make yourself the public face of a multi million dollar company. Once you’re in a position that people write press releases to hype your involvement, your actions and past reflect on the company you are representing. This is why I gently suggested to TT multiple times that he should step into a background role and hire a spokesperson to be that face. 

I am speaking from experience on this. I have had journalists go through my background to check in on what communication folk have said about me. I’ve been google searched every time I’ve moved to a new position. Part of what you are being paid to do is represent the company in a positive manner. So it speaks poorly of IE as an organization that they allowed these inconsistencies in their materials. 

You can’t take a public facing job like that, with the perks that go with it, and then get upset when people question items in your background. If you don’t want people “obsessing” over a fake Hall of Fame claim, don’t put it out there. If you want to keep telling all those stories, then have someone else be the public face- that way there is more of a separation between TT the person and IE the company. I told TT this multiple times. He basically caused IE to be so closely associated with him that his lies became IE’s lies, and his public meltdowns became IE’s public meltdowns. It’s a shame and didn’t have to be this way.

This 100%. Many tried to give him that advice. He has a pervasive pattern of behavior over a very long time. He has shown over time and in multiple areas his word is far from trustworthy.

He basically made himself the mascot of the company. The public meltdowns and verbal diarrhea made it entertaining to watch. Would it be a forum meltdown, something dumb said on YT, or a press release flounder. Just when you thought he might have learned something, he went and boom him or the company did something stupid and everyone would have a laugh.

It was like watching the MXC of retro game companies. 

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Rev said:

Does this Patent that I.E. filed have any actual value?

https://uspto.report/company/Intellivision-Entertainment-L-L-C/patents

44B20CF6-3512-4A99-8604-9D2CD8171C91.jpeg

Patent applications are like applications for employment or college admission. They’re only worth something if they’re granted. I think you can look them up, but last I heard, all components of their application, about 20 in all, were rejected because they weren’t original or unique. I doubt they’ll try again. 

I liked the idea of an odor-emitting module “in some embodiments.” Smell-o-vision at home!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

Not necessarily nothing.  NFT is a standard so you should be able to transfer the NFT based license from Robot Cache to another service supported by the game publisher, if one exists.  That doesn't help in Amico's case. Software downloads can be decentralised, not that I expect that to happen with Amico, backup to file would be nice.  Any software can get hacked, most users don't bother with hacked software so that's not really an issue. License ownership remains secure in the blockchain.

If there's no way around having an application specific central server to track licenses and accounts and do transfers, I'm not too surprised.  Wasn't expecting it with Amico anyway.

Sure, a publisher could - in theory - check the blockchain to see if someone owns a game and offer it up on another store. In practice though, who is going to do that? Maybe a few indies perhaps, but not the big publishers; they'll just tell everyone to buy the games again like they always do. Something similar is occasionally offered by GOG, where it can detect your ownership of games on Steam via their API (another reason you don't need NFTs), but that's mainly of interest to people who want DRM free copies of games they've already got. Again though, most of the big publishers won't play ball.

The more I look at Robot Cache, the weaker the ideas behind it look. Not only do they hold the keys and execute the trades, but you only get 25% when you sell it on while the purchaser has to pay the full price; that's not so much a resale as a trade-in on even worse terms than you'd get for taking a physical game into a store. Their blockchain has also declined to about 3c a token (from 79c) during the crypto crash, putting its long term viability into question and the idea that you could cost-efficiently CPU/GPU mine for free games on it isn't looking too rosy.

As for Amico, I'd maintain that they're basically doing code-in-box releases with added technobabble and gimmickry. Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, zapzapzac said:

Hi everyone. I've been lurking at AtariAge off and on for years. Never made an account. Older brother clued me into this place. He grew up with Atari, I had an NES years later. He was interested in the Amico but I had been listening to the CU Podcast for years. This TT/Amico stuff has been riling me up and I finally have to comment further.

Welcome to AtariAge!   Hopefully you’ll find there’s a LOT more on here than just the random Amico nonsense and won’t restrict yourself to one nonexistent system and antagonizing the community like so many “new to AA, straight to Amico, stirring up shit, then gone” users that we’ve seen in the past.

AND YET most of you in this thread did nothing but fondle his balls in Amico Funtimeworldthread. 

Well, crap....

I know Razzie.P is referencing YouTubers, but why didn't anyone HERE (minus MrBeefy) call attention to this shit? He claims he is a YANKEES HALL OF FAMER. This is on his website right now. This was on his investment shit.

I can’t speak for everyone (I know he’s had his fans and detractors on here) but for me personally, I didn’t ask about those things because I had no idea what accolades he was spouting on about.  I never personally cared enough to look at his website, investor pitch, achievements, etc, same as I have no idea what’s up with any other CEO of products I’m interested in.   And I wasn’t an investor so I had no reason to look at the “investment shit.”  So ignorance + indifference = it wasn’t something I was gonna waste any time over.

Now if I were a youtuber or journalist and had a reason to be personally invested in the details of the people running the ship, then I’d have been all over it.  

Howabout you?  Why do you think more people like you, who had family and/or friends to “protect,” (like your brother you mentioned) never bothered to create an account and “call attention to this shit?”

In my opinion the communities failure to denounce mr_me is a continued failing, and a continued acceptance of the grift.

Well, "the community" pretty much constantly make fun of just how ridiculous he sounds when trying to contradict every single concern and complaint anyone mentions (Rev usually has some really good zingers) and we all seem to acknowledge the lunacy of his comments.  What more do you suggest we do?  We’re not the “tar and feather” type and I should hope none of us will start attacking a fellow user just because they seem delusional enough to believe that everything's rainbows and sunshine in Amico Land.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I liked the idea of an odor-emitting module “in some embodiments.” Smell-o-vision at home!

There was an Infocom game during the 80s that came with a scratch and sniff card in the box.

I believe that the state of the art has yet to move on since though.

8 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

We’re not the “tar and feather” type and I should hope none of us will start attacking a fellow user just because they seem delusional enough to believe that everything's rainbows and sunshine in Amico Land.

Hey there. We all saw the thread man. Hundreds of people were banned from the thread for questioning Tommy or not following the narrative. You're absolutely the tar and feather type. Just not for criminal grifters, apparently.

Edited by zapzapzac
grammar

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

And Tony's interview was so rough. I would say there weren't many great interviews as no one would interupt to get answers or do follow up questions.

I haven't watched any of the interviews and streams and such.  It's just nothing that interested me enough to give a crap about.  But I DID make it a point check that one out, because I, like many others, expected some sort of circus/shitshow/trainwreck and those are usually entertaining.  But yeah, it was rough.  I bounced not far into it.

6 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

because in the grand scheme of things he hasn't been relevant for decades. 

Oooh... you gonna hurt some feelings when he reads that one  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, zapzapzac said:

Hey there. We all saw the thread man. Hundreds of people were banned from the thread for questioning Tommy or not following the narrative. You're absolutely the tar and feather type. Just not for criminal grifters, apparently.

That thread was a mess, no doubt about that.  But hey, now... I've never banned anyone from any thread, from criminals grifters to godly saints.  And I'm confident that's the same for most users on here.  Mods, sure.  The site's owner, maybe.  But as a collective, a community, no, we're not.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Your shitty killscreen cost me a quarter!!!

I love that movie!

Regarding mr_me, I think he provides a good sanity check on a lot of things, even if I or others disagree with a lot of it.

It's always good to have differing opinions and a robust discussion, even with some of our jibes and fun poking. I can't speak for anyone else but I certainly don't mean any ill will in my joking around, and he does make some good points from time to time.

• Like 2