IGNORED

Kernel test for 3D game "Rampart"

rossum

WOW, super smooth graphics and the responsive and fast jump physics / bounce are really fun and will look even more awesome once a character (3rd person perspective?) is put on the screen. Great use of the horizontal black lines to distinguish the edge of the blocks.

Can't wait to see how this develops, I hope you continue with it!

- James

On 7/7/2022 at 12:39 PM, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Agreed. I was looking up this too. Maybe name it "Ramp-Art" instead?

That could take it in a whole new direction! When you want to take a break from playing Tony Hawk, you can play Ramp-Art and get creative or spraypaint an anarchy symbol (the old stand-by).

"Rampart" could be just part of the name. Or it could be "Rampart" and just be a different Rampart.

Back to castles. There's:

Chemin de ronde or wallwalk: a pathway along the top of the rampart but behind the parapet, which served as a fighting platform and a means of communication with other parts of the fortification.

And there are lots more fun terms I'd hardly heard of listed in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampart_(fortification)

"Merlon's Wall" might be a good name, since hardly anyone but castle experts would know what a merlon is, and it's related to a rampart. Google/Siri might autocorrect it to Merlin, but that's ok.