IGNORED

Trying to run Biosphere on Classic99

Railuge

I am trying to run Biosphere.dsk on classic99 emulator and the program keeps coming up with error 56. Every forum i found talking about loading .dsk files mentions to read the manual but it doesn't help. I have it in TI basic TI-99/4A and i type old dsk1.biosphere. I have shortened it down to BIO just in case the characters are too many. i even tried run and it said "cannot do that". Can someone please help me?

The easiest way to load programs is with RXB.   Load up RXB in classic99.   Press option 3 i think is Editor/Assembler.  Press "D" for directory, and then the disk drive number: 0, 1, 2...ect.    RXB will read the disk directory, scroll down to the program you want to load.  Press "spacebar" if it is a basic, or extended basic program.   OR Press "Enter" if it is a ea/5 program.    It will work 99.9999% of the time.    

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DavidC said:

The easiest way to load programs is with RXB.   Load up RXB in classic99.   Press option 3 i think is Editor/Assembler.  Press "D" for directory, and then the disk drive number: 0, 1, 2...ect.    RXB will read the disk directory, scroll down to the program you want to load.  Press "spacebar" if it is a basic, or extended basic program.   OR Press "Enter" if it is a ea/5 program.    It will work 99.9999% of the time.    

Thanks, you can just press D for Directory.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Railuge said:

I am trying to run Biosphere.dsk on classic99 emulator and the program keeps coming up with error 56. Every forum i found talking about loading .dsk files mentions to read the manual but it doesn't help. I have it in TI basic TI-99/4A and i type old dsk1.biosphere. I have shortened it down to BIO just in case the characters are too many. i even tried run and it said "cannot do that". Can someone please help me?

One important note: the TI disk system is case sensitive, so you would have to type: OLD DSK1.BIOSPHERE if that is the name of the program on disk. RXB will definitely help there with its "D" function, which will pull up the disk directory for you and eliminate any file name ambiguities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ksarul said:

One important note: the TI disk system is case sensitive, so you would have to type: OLD DSK1.BIOSPHERE if that is the name of the program on disk. RXB will definitely help there with its "D" function, which will pull up the disk directory for you and eliminate any file name ambiguities.

What do you mean by RXB?

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Clipboard01.png

Please read the online help with this program so you can get the jist of how it works to EMULATE a TI console without really being a TI.

You have to have an understanding of how the disk drives and cartridges are all EMULATED to act like real connected or disconnected items.

There is a help manual in the download of the emulator.

The reason I say this is because no one knows your level of knowledge without asking a thousand questions back and forth.

Reading the help will answer those questions.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 3

On 8/1/2022 at 9:27 PM, Railuge said:

FAQ has lots of info on how to load programs on a 4/a...  

FILENAMES HAVE TO BE UPPERCASE IF YOU AREN'T SURE, TRY HITTING CAPSLOCK ON YOUR PC AND SEE IF THE LETTERS GET TALLER. SERIOUSLY, THIS IS THE #1 NOOB MISTAKE

so you should be typing OLD DSK1.BIOSPHERE   the limit for filenames on a 4/A is I think 10 chars so that's not too long

if you use XB27 instead of extended basic you can do a CALL CAT("DSK1.") and see the contents..also pretty sure that command works in RXB too..  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

FAQ has lots of info on how to load programs on a 4/a...  

FILENAMES HAVE TO BE UPPERCASE IF YOU AREN'T SURE, TRY HITTING CAPSLOCK ON YOUR PC AND SEE IF THE LETTERS GET TALLER. SERIOUSLY, THIS IS THE #1 NOOB MISTAKE

so you should be typing OLD DSK1.BIOSPHERE   the limit for filenames on a 4/A is I think 10 chars so that's not too long

if you use XB27 instead of extended basic you can do a CALL CAT("DSK1.") and see the contents..also pretty sure that command works in RXB too..  

Actually, RXB has a smarter Catalog:

CALL CAT("DSK1.") will catalog disk 1

CALL CAT(1) will catalog disk 1

CALL CAT(49) will catalog disk 1 (49 equals ASCII character 1) 

CALL CAT("DSKA.")

CALL CAT(A) will catalog RAM disk A

CALL CAT(65) will catalog RAM disk A (65 equals ASCII character A)

CALL KEY("",5,K,S) :: CALL CAT(K) will wait for a single key and use that key to catalog that disk, no other XB can do this.

• Like 2