IGNORED

Pre-orders being accepted for Commando.

Super-Genius!

We are accepting pre-orders for Commando. Commando is an

unreleased prototype. Here is a picture

of the actual "cart". It uses four 27256 EPROM's and a few other

components for bankswitching.

The graphics and game is FABULOUS! We will start shipping the first

week in October. The game is $39.95 until the end of the month.

Order your Commando here: http://www.sunmark.com

Here are a few screenshots:

commando_1.jpg

commando_2.jpg

commando.jpg

It looks pretty cool, but why does the guy on the title screen look like he's constipated?  :ponder:

Don't you know the story behind Commando?

You're in the Army, and one night the mess hall decides to go Mexican, and serves everyone bean burritos. Just as you're finishing you get ordered to go on a helicopter scouting mission. You hold it for as long as you can, but once someone spots a latrine behind enemy lines you grab your rifle, jump out, and run for it.

...or something like that. :)

Now go back and look at the picture, and it's much funnier (and for some reason, this enemy paints their walls a lovely pink).

-Bry

Commando was only ever a one player (at a time) game, if you want two player simultanious action you need to get Ikari Warriors (and a 7800); might as well pick up 7800 Commando too then, because although this version looks great from the screenshots (and 100% better than the C64 version I might add) it's still not as good looking as 7800 Commando. I'd imagine there is either a lot more slowdown when lots of enemies come on screen too, or else there just aren't lots of enemies...

How is the grenade launching accomplished, the spacebar? Tap the button for gun, hold for grenade, or the other way around? Dose this game truely have ALL the missions of the 7800 version? There were a bunch, and then when you finished all the missions it started over with some new graphics and secrets added into the levels (as well as a higher difficulty). I'm strongly considering getting this version, but I'm wondering if I'll be disappointed after playing the 7800 version for so many years... :ponder: how about some more screen shots of higher levels and with some real action, i.e.-enemies on the screen and explosions and such! ;)

Yes :) We WANT more screenshots :)

Why screenshots? Just post the rom image up and evaluate it on an emulator :?

Good idea guys!! Here you go:

http://www.sunmark.com/commando/commando.bin

Attach the cartridge as a MegaCart 512KB. Have fun!! Let me know what

you think!!

Mark

WOW!!! Far better than the 7800 version, damn I gotta go place my order before he's sold out!!!

Curt