New 7800 game releases?

DracIsBack

Anyone got and wanna manufacture:  

Missing In Action  

Electrocop  

Gauntlet  

Plutos  

Steel Talons

Misisng in Action and Plutos (along with Sirius) are owned by the DP crew. I know they were going to released them, but I haven't seen either since PC3.

AFAIK no one has found Electrocop, Gauntlet, or Steel Talons.

Tempest

What abou tany other releases? After looking at the 'In development' list I noticed that the 7800 has the least new games coming out for it. Is it due to difficulty in programming for it or the encryption, or just a lack of interest? I think that Adventure II would make a great game on the 7800 as well.

What abou tany other releases? After looking at the 'In development' list I noticed that the 7800 has the least new games coming out for it. Is it due to difficulty in programming for it or the encryption, or just a lack of interest? I think that Adventure II would make a great game on the 7800 as well.

encryption = simple, so no that isn't it.

it's easier to program than the 2600, so no to that too.

seems to me to be a lack of interest. It flares up occasionaly and I think it's

been less than a month scince this question was last asked (reasons for no hbrews)

or even less than 2 weeks.

I predict a 7800 homebrew release before the end of this year ;)

The encryption (digital signature really) issue has been resolved, so that is no longer a road block. The basic documentation exists, MESS does a decent job emulating (though you need to recompile it for debugging), and the CC2 is in beta test. About the only thing which does not exist is the homebrew community and various bits of sample code.

Programming the 7800 isn't difficult, it's still 6502 assembly. No requirement for tricky cycle counting either. Building the display list list (not a typo) is mostly just data movement.

I believe there is some interest in 7800 programming, and there will be interest in buying 7800 homebrews too.

And yes, I am working on a game. Watch this forum for developments in the near future (depending on my time).

Well it's good to know that the 7800 isn't 'abandoned' and that there are a few working on some games for it. I wouldn't mind seeing an update to Dark Chambers or like I said Adventure 2.

Like I've said many times however if I knew how to program, I'd make a game for any Atari system, probably 5200, 7800, or Lynx. Of course I may be able to take a programming class soon at school which would be good. :)

I've had a few ideas, but I'm not familiar enough with assembly to do anything with the 7800. Been meaning to pick up one of those 6502 programming books, figure that'd be as good a place as any to start.

I do have one book on 6502 programming, but I don't understand it too much. I'd thought that it was only for the Atari 800, but I see how it can go beyond that. Maybe I'll have to get it out again...

I've always wondered why there were homebrews on the 5200 but not the 7800. I've always seen the 5200 as an unpopular machine with nearly unusable joysticks and the 7800 as a well designed, powerful machine. But that's my own experience, knowing a couple of people back in the late '80s with unplayable 5200s (joysticks usually) and me just having fun with my 7800 and all the fun but odd games that trickled out for it. I've never actually played a 5200, even though I own one. (No power supply.) I've always favored the 7800, so I would much rather see homebrews that take advantage of it's power and abilities. Adventure II would be so great on it!

Well, I don't think the fanbase to the 5200 and 7800 is as large. Although, one could argue 5200 Klax wasn't the best port of the game available.

I think just being able to prove that the 7800 has some real power under the hood when someone actually uses it, is reason enough to make a game for it  ;)

Like I'v said before, The 5200 doesn't have an international fanbase like the 7800.

Beleive me I'll be lining up for the first 7800 brew. But I doubt I'll ever own a 5200.