IGNORED

living 2600 destroys cowering ps2

Godzilla

I am not a big fan of their music, but these guys seem cool. (I am also in awe of any bass player with more strings than me.)

Personally I don't like this band, but it is cool that they used the atari vcs for there video. As for having more strings on a bass, it's not needed. He is using a six string so there is only 8 more notes (4 lower, and 4 higher) than a normal bass. Considering that the 4 higher notes are played way up on the fretboard they are kind of useless.

Do like Mark Sandman of Morphine did and take strings away. He used a 2 string bass with a slide and had unbelievable basslines. I'm going to stop talking about music now and be happy that the atari beat the horrible ps2 (I have been telling people this for years)

-mike

Wow, next time someone asks you why you bother reminiscing about the 2600 pass them a link to this.

There is no doubt now that the 2600 is a permanent pop culture icon.

I really don't think we're going to see a sliding scale of pop cultural references like these for newer units as generations age (i.e. a PS2 destroy a PS10 20 years from now). I think the VCS has a unique place in pop culture.

• 2 years later...