IGNORED

Sean Kelly's Multicarts

MsPacBitch

Extremely polite E-mail doesn't work either. My 5200 is crying for the love!

If there is a secret password, or some special Stonecutters trial, like "the walk thru the desert", or "the paddling of the swollen ass- with paddles", I'm willing to brave it, for a wondrous Multicart. :D

One could always pm the secret method used to request such a thing... if it is forbidden.

I was under the impression that the muticart did NOT contain any cool homebrews or anything, so that sort of thing shouldn't be an issue (as homebrewers deserve to be paid for their work- I love my MC TB and Pac Man Acade for my 2600!) as far as I know.

I think the main problem with the 5200 multicart was all the Activision games on there. They were getting ready to do the Anthology for the PS2 and they have to protect those properties. Same thing with the CV one, Telegames owns most of the original CV library and they are still selling software and CV hardware.

Well, I have the menu driven one and it is pretty cool. Although I've only used it a few times since I got it last year. So I might be willing to sell it for the right offer :)

I've mostly played Super Pac-Man and Koffi this year which aren't on the cart. And I always like the challenge of finding the original carts 8)

I bought an eprom programmed with all the unreleased 5200 roms and am going to make a dip multicart and put up a how-to page on it in a month or so. It should be pretty easy with the AA homebrew board.

Right now, I'm finishing up a quick little 7800 project that's really going to surprise people when posted.

They're selling the Dina system for $149? I bought one a few years ago in a weird electronic pawn shop kind of store for less than $10! And it doesn't even work that well, either! The picture quality was garbage on mine. I haven't messed around with it in years, but if I remember right, it was set to channel 4 instead of 3 like most consoles. And it couldn't be changed. My local CBS affiliate is on channel 4, which created too much interference to get any decent kind of picture. And it had two slots in the top, which I never could figure out what the other slot was for. Mine didn't have any paperwork in the box The store I bought it at had piles of Telegames Dina systems, so I should have brought it back, but they had a 'No Return' policy, so I never bothered. At least I didn't pay $150 for it. Then i'd really be pissed off.

This store, called Electronic Discount Sales, must have done several deals with Telegames in the past. They're both Dallas area businesses, after all. At one time they had PILES AND PILES of M-Network games, a couple Atarisoft Colecovision titles, and a bunch of Intellivision games. All common titles, though. Along with multiple copies of Double Dragon and Qix for the Lynx ($3 each!) and even Atari 7800 proline controllers. I wish I had stocked up on a lot of that stuff now (especially the proline controllers-my originals aren't working too well anymore). They had a bunch of Activision games with '2600' on the front of the box, but they were really 5200 carts inside. I actually bought a few of those, even though I didn't own a 5200.

Never bought from Telegames and have no intention to. Their prices are a bit steep on a lot of items but I **MIGHT** have been inclined to buy Towers or WTR from them if I couldn't find them anyplace else.

Notice I said **MIGHT**... I was ready to order one time until I saw the $4.50 order processing charge. No friggin way!! :thumbsdown:

I can see me walking up to the counter at EB to pay for something and the clerk saying "Besides the $19.99 charge and tax, there will be a $4.50 charge for me to ring you up on the cash register". Yeah, right.

Mendon

I bought the Dina system from Telegames for $50 around 10 years ago. Steve W is right, you need to use ch.4 to see any video and in my area, that's a NBC affliate.

The extra port on the top was supposed to be for the expansion modules that Coleco released for their system.

Even back then Telegames charged way too much for their junk....