IGNORED

Graph2fnt

emkay

Great work emkay!

The last picture looks great. I am really amazed what can be done with graph2font. I have never expected that a little Atari can display such a colorful graphics.

Can you just imagine a "full A8 supporting" Defender of the crown, or Graphics Adventures (The Pawn for example).

Just having such "high quality" pictures, it is still possible to ad some "A8" features as "sky DLI's or pallette rotation. There is a huge amount of cycles left inside the G2F code...

So you can play around with the luminance of the "Defender of the Crown" characters, rotating charsets, or even to build graphics that take advantage of the A8 at all, until "no cpu-cycle is left" ... :ponder:

Hi all,

new G2F version 07.01.05  :)  

Graph2Font v3.8.2.2 Full http://g2f.atari8.info/

does anyone know what is new with this version?

Well. But MOVE XY function still doesn't work properly and I think there should be added switching off BASIC when exporting G2F picture as XEX because PMG is completely missing with BASIC on...

F.

for me, MOVE XY is OK

BASIC switch OFF, ok, no problem

I still think MOVE in X (not in Y) is not working properly... Colours are slowly destroyed when moving for 2, 4 or 6 points while moving for 8 points is OK. See attachements: 1.gif = before moving, 2.gif = after the first move for 2 points, 3.gif = after a few moves for 2 points.

F.

post-5049-1105349759_thumb.jpg

post-5049-1105349760_thumb.jpg

post-5049-1105349761_thumb.jpg

Fandal, are any of the characters inversed in the area you are looking at? Unless you move one exact charcter (4 pixels horiz or 8 pixels vert) the inverse flag is not set because your graphic data will now be between two charcters. The same happens when you use cut & paste if you paste over the next char line say you grab a 9 pixel row to paste instead of 8, the inverse flags on the char line effected below is set to negative. I think what you are experiencing is the attributes of the mode used.

Tezz ;)

Fandal, are any of the characters inversed in the area you are looking at? Unless you move one exact charcter (4 pixels horiz or 8 pixels vert) the inverse flag is not set because your graphic data will now be between two charcters. The same happens when you use cut & paste if you paste over the next char line say you grab a 9 pixel row to paste instead of 8, the inverse flags on the char line effected below is set to negative. I think what you are experiencing is the attributes of the mode used.  

Tezz ;)

Aha, that's the problem. Gfx is moved from inversed characters to not inversed ones...

F.

@ tebe, would it be possible to add a VBI routine to G2F for pallette rotation in the DLI? so we could create pictures with sections that have colour animation such as running water or the sky animation mentioned above.

Please no VBI... There is enough space inside the G2F "range".

emkay, if this feature was included by tebe, this VBI addition could be optionally used or ignored so users/programmers who wanted to have this ability without having to add the code yourself afterwards would be helpful.

When you said "There is enough space inside the G2F "range"." I'm not sure if you thought I meant interlacing or page filpping. I didn't, just simply a rotating colour pallette.

for example...

708=0, 709=2, 710=4, 711=6

708=6, 709=0, 710=2, 711=4

708=4, 709=6, 710=0, 711=2

708=2, 709=4, 710=6, 711=0

Regards.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

v3.8.2.6

- added possibility of changing color only (C-olor) or brightness

(S-aturation) in 'Edit colors' option

- added new value ('ADD') that enables smooth color changing

- fixed noticed bugs, mainly about pixeling sprites in Zoom mode

Dracon fixed noticed bugs, mainly about pixeling sprites in Zoom mode
:D

Emkay Now it is easier to show the impression of G2F "quality picures" plus "atari-effects
can you explain a bit more emkay.

Tezz ;)

You know this picture..?

download.php?id=19513

Using the new features, you can play around with the rainbow FX of the A8 pallette...

Using pf0 with colour 68 , changing the color (not brightness) by stepping 3 ... you will have the following effect....

G2f is self calculating, if the colorchange is possible or not. And you easily can find best fits of DLIs, without wasting weeks of time ;)

While the o. picture seems to have a white light, the "rainbow" color seems to reflect multiple coloured light sources....

By the complexity of the image, the "rainbow" itself is harder to recognize.