IGNORED

My most prized Atari Collecton Item

bjk7382

Wow. A lot of people here have some pretty nice things. I have yet to own a a prototype board, or an arcade machine. I guess after I get an arcade machine that will become my favorite collection item. I just passed up a working arcade game called Xybots on ebay. It has a very large case that would be perfect for an MAME machine. It was totally working monitor and all. And it was only 150 dollars! Don't ask me why I passed it up it was from a guy that lived right near me also. I am still kicking myself for that one.

I really don't get around to any thrift stores or anything, all of my stuff I have bought on ebay. My best find so far was a lot of 5 games that included private eye for 3.25 on ebay. All of the really rare games that I come across on ebay command quite a bit of money. and someone is always willing to pay it.

Anybody see that Elis Ladder ending price? 1025 dollars for a cartrige with a ripped end label. It was on this wonderful site homepage and is probly still there. Although I found it on ebay before Atariage put their spotlight up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3050084086

So where have you found your best deal? Online or in a thrift store? If a lot of you start saying second hand store I will have to get my but up and go hunting. But the guy that I bought my eproms from buys and sells everything atari on ebay. Here is his collection:http://www.atarigoods.com/ I have bought quite a bit of stuff from him out of ebay also. I talk to him on the phone and he know a lot about refurbishing ataris. He resells atari 2600's with a complete setup for 120 dollars! One week I talked to him he sold 11 ataris for that price that week. His full time job is buying and selling stuff online.

I have bought my Six game atari 2600 switcher (Game Brain)from him along with my eproms, Spy Hunter for the 400/800, and other things.

Well, I am sick of typing now so I will get back at you on the flipside.

-Brad Karston

Let's see...I've got 113 what I call 'independently released games'.Some of which are-

Allia Quest boxed version

Power Off!(anyone else have this;I bought it right before Hozer Vidio went away)

18 Hozer Vidio carts;since they ain't making anything anymore, I guess they're worth more now?Got three off ebay already.

Obelix/Asterix(NTSC) on a Xonox double-ender cart&Ghostbusters 2(ntsc)(thanks CPUWIZ)

And of course all the games released at all the classic shows...even the shows I do not get to attend.

The only hardware I got worth mentioning is a boxed copy of the Cosmic Commander Control Unit.

Mine is Space Shuttle for 2600. Complete with game/instr/overlays/and box. It's not my original, so I had to go the ebay route.

I remember spending hours with this game. I used to get a couple of folding chairs in my room, drape a blanket over them (like a tent) and set my 13" b&w tv on the chair and the 2600 on the floor. Get inside and began shuttle missions. Had my own personal shuttle!

Side note...I have made 4 switcher overlays in PDF format if anyone needs them.

I'd have to say the item I am most proud of is my asteroids arcade cabinet. If I had to sell everything else, it's probably the only item I'd keep.

As far as carts go, I'm proud of my prototype collection since I've found 3 protos in the wild (in 3 different cities!) and have grown my collection to nearly 20 different titles (most released). My interest in prototypes is less involved than say Tempest's but, I still enjoy having them and the history that comes along with them.

I'm proud of my NES collection of unliscensed games too. It's hard for me to exactly say why but I'm proud of it none-the-less. Enough ramblings for now... off the the kings of leon show. :)

My most prized Atari item would have to be my mint-condition Breakout machine which I rescued from a garage about 10 years ago. Even though I can beat the game on one ball, I'm still damn glad to have it!:D

I also have a Sears version of the Stunt Cycle stand-alone game which is still sealed in the box...