IGNORED

New RMT songs...

raster/c.p.u.

Raster Music Tracker - Hot news:

6.10.2003 ... I'm working on one special feature for RMT tracker - import of ProTracker MOD modules. If you want to know provisional results of my hard work, you can hear this two RMT versions of well-known songs I made meanwhile: "Hymn to aurora" [4:13] and "Turrican 2 noise 3" [5:24]. It is available in ZIP package in RMT mono and stereo (4 channels only!) and also in SAP format in mono and stereo.

http://www.infos.cz/raster/atari/rmt/rmt.htm

Enjoy it! :)

Raster Music Tracker - Hot news:

6.10.2003 ... I'm working on one special feature for RMT tracker - import of ProTracker MOD modules. If you want to know provisional results of my hard work, you can hear this two RMT versions of well-known songs I made meanwhile: "Hymn to aurora" [4:13] and "Turrican 2 noise 3" [5:24]. It is available in ZIP package in RMT mono and stereo (4 channels only!) and also in SAP format in mono and stereo.

http://www.infos.cz/raster/atari/rmt/rmt.htm

Enjoy it!  :)

Very cool, would there also be an import function for other composers like .CMC and import for .MID files ?

Cannot wait to see the next release ... Would love such thing this would increase development of sound for games and demo's :thumbsup:

TXG/MNX

Enjoy it!  :)

Wow!! Raster thank you so much!! This is amazing. How did you convert the samples to atari voices so well?! The beat-solo is so exceptional great!!

This opens a complete new world for upcoming atari pokey musics and even for people who are not very talented in tracking their own music.

The Turrican sound is great except at the beginning. The voices are what I would call "bevel"... I think this can be changed manualy.

twh/f2

Wow!! Raster thank you so much!! This is amazing. How did you convert the samples to atari voices so well?! The beat-solo is so exceptional great!!

Atari instruments are handwork, of course. Only volume envelopes and loop can be prepared by real sample from MOD module, but it's recommend to modify it.

This opens a complete new world for upcoming atari pokey musics and even for people who are not very talented in tracking their own music.

Yes, but also it will possible to compose songs in any your popular MOD tracker and then import it to RMT. :)

The Turrican sound is great except at the beginning. The voices are what I would call "bevel"... I think this can be changed manualy.

Yes, it's recommend to correct all the unseemly parts of song. Some parts of Turrican 2 song was adapted already, but the begin of this song is quite ugly - I want to remake it deeply someday.)

Very cool, would there also be an import function for other composers like .CMC and import for .MID files ?

I like the TMC Theta Music Composer, that's why I want to make import of TMC module format.

MID you can import to some MOD tracker and then you have MOD for importing to RMT. :)

Hmm would be nice to define a type of plugin format for RMT. This way people can make there own plug-ins for it...

Hats off to Raster!

I've just stepped up to 1.13, very nice! I'm playing with the Midi input (via Midi Yoke) and have just about got the hang of it. A couple of questions though:

1) Does the input only come from channel 1? I can listen to a tune setup on channels 3 and 5 (to become pokey 2 & 4 - both joined for 16 bit) but the tune does not 'record' as with using channel 1?

2) Can the input be made to loop over to the next free empty track rather than stick on the last note? This would allow input of longer sections.

Thanks,

Mark

MOD import is a great benefit.

Yes, I know it. That's why I spend my costly time with it. :D

When will the new version be available?

So, a lot of hitches I have solved already, but a lot of next hitches still await me. Therefore I will not promise any date and I will hope that it will be finished as soon as ever I can do it. ;)

Hmm would be nice to define a type of plugin format for RMT. This way people can make there own plug-ins for it...

You're right, it would be nice, but I want to work on RMT features more than work on some plugin system for import/export. I made the special TXT format for it long ago (you can try to Save as... TXT song files (*.txt) and see this easy format), but nobody made any own tool... :sad:

1) Does the input only come from channel 1? I can listen to a tune setup on channels 3 and 5 (to become pokey 2 & 4 - both joined for 16 bit) but the tune does not 'record' as with using channel 1?

Maybe I don't understand your question, sorry. :ponder:

RMT MIDI implementation chart is specified in docs/midi.txt.

Input from the MIDI channel 1 is reserved for edit - it depends where the cursor is - note will be put to this position. If you want record by MIDI to column (for example) L3, just you place the cursor to L3 column notes' position and start the playing of the song (with autofollow of the currently played position, of course) and you can add new tracs realtime. :)

2) Can the input be made to loop over to the next free empty track rather than stick on the last note? This would allow input of longer sections.

Hmmm... :ponder:

It's interesting idea - but I don't be certain of all the results it cause... But Ok, thanks, I will think about it. ;)

Maybe I don't understand your question' date=' sorry. :ponder: [/quote']

Unfortunately my evening Czech lessons were cancelled as I was the only applicant! :(

Hmmm... :ponder:

It's interesting idea - but I don't be certain of all the results it cause... But Ok' date=' thanks, I will think about it. ;)[/quote']

Yes, the song would have to 'grow' by itself, which would be a pain if you're halfway through making a song. I guess this feature is only useful when inputting a new song.

Kind regards,

Mark

Unfortunately my evening Czech lessons were cancelled as I was the only applicant!  :(

Unfortunately my morning English lessons were cancelled too... :(

Multi-channel edit would be very nice  ;)

would be... but RMT is a tracker, no MIDI sequencer. ;)

Yes, the song would have to 'grow' by itself, which would be a pain if you're halfway through making a song. I guess this feature is only useful when inputting a new song.

I hope a lot of musicians will use the RMT for creating new (superb) songs. :)

Yes, I know it. That's why I spend my costly time with it.  :D  

When will the new version be available?

So, a lot of hitches I have solved already, but a lot of next hitches still await me. Therefore I will not promise any date and I will hope that it will be finished as soon as ever I can do it. ;)

I am looking forward :)

Keep up your good work.