IGNORED

Do you want Harrier demos...or can you hold out for the real

Sheddy

I'm undecided on Space Harrier.......

On the one hand, I don't really want to spoil the full game by releasing demos of every single stage,

on the other, the full thing is at least another year away (if it is finished), and the technical updates are really boring for most people.

What do you think?

1) The game released as every stage is done

2) A couple of more extensive demos

3) Demos of just 1 or 2 selected stages

4) No more demos (just screenshots)

5) Just stop now, you're wasting your time!

6) Other suggestion

Thanks, Chris

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: Sheddy ]

While you may not want to spoil the fun and suprise for everyone, I wouldn't mind "testing" a couple more levels for you on a real 130XE&1050 drive. But other than that, I am down the middle; if it's going to be another year or more (or never) before the game is finished and released, it might be nice to get ONE more demo with a couple new levels and then plenty of screen shots.

Oh, by the way, the first demo works fine off of a 1050 drive. I certainly didn't notice any "pauses" anymore so than any other game...

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: Gunstar ]

Well, so far it seems pretty clear cut then.

Unless someone can come up with a compelling reason after this, I'll just do a few screenshots from time to time.

I did a couple more the other day, Al, with a bit of a clean-up of the site (although it'll never be as professional looking as Atariage due to my poor design skills!).

I'll try and update the site, maybe once a month with the screenshots.

Gunstar, I'll let you know when I'm ready!

Thanks everyone,

Chris

www.sheddyshack.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Well,

allthough this subject seems to be solved and closed, I like to add the following: what if

a) the author (Sheddy) one day loses interest in this project ?? or

b) the author loses (by some stange circumstances) all his work including the sources and the latest update ??

You probably heard of Murphy`s law - or that bad things can really hapen sometimes ?!?

Thus, in my eyes it would be a good and wise decision to release demo versions from time to time and not only pictures... lets say a demo version every 3 or every 6 levels (since the game should have 18 levels - at least the original game has). that way we would have some backups or at least a demo version that is newer than the level 1 demo version...

-Andreas.

:?: