IGNORED

Wolf3D

Rhindle The Red

That MAY be Carl Forhan at Songbird Productions who is "working" on it, he has done some business with ID software, he licensed the DOOM engine for the Jaguar, to make a sequel also, so if anyone's doing it, it's probably him (or someone else doing it for him). Did you know that ID software actually GAVE Carl the Jaguar development system that they had? But the Lynx could definately do an AWSOME version of it, have you seen the Prototype pictures of ALIENvsPREDATOR for the Lynx? It's Fantastic looking. I believe you can even download the ROM image to it at Atari gaming headquarters If it's not there, they probably have a link to it, but I remember hearing that the ROM was now available!

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this forum thru regular newsgroup.

I don't know anything about wolf3d from teflon software.

But I'm experimenting with an optimized 3d engine for the lynx. See a preliminary demo on ataritimes.com.

It will be few more months before I got the engine finished as I don't have too much time to do this.

• 6 years later...
Just thought I would share this dated information on Wolfenstein 3D for the Lynx. Toad Computers 1995-1996 catalog listed this title for the Lynx (priced at $39) saying it was coming out soon! Was this commercial version ever released?

No. No one ever did any work on an official Wolf 3D for the Lynx.

I did publish a FPS called CyberVirus a few years ago, and a hobby developer named Lucien created a 3D demo engine which is very similar to Wolf 3D, but alas it is incomplete and not even really playable... cool demo though. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Cool, I look forward to reading it! I know Craig @ IGN has always been a Lynx fan. :)

Yeah, I miss the old days of Craig's "handheld" channel. Now he's kind of been relegated to DS, working under the Nintendo channel leadership (just as the PSP is under the leadership of the PlayStation channel, etc). Craig still does a great job, but he's got a narrower scope to work with. I really love writing stuff for Retro because it's such a broad topic.

Anyway, the article's up:

http://retro.ign.com/articles/865/865505p1.html

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

What about now? 2013? Is someone working on an Egoshooter?

That would be awesome!!!

:grin: :grin:

:grin:

There's this much more current project, but I'm unsure if development on it continues. http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/195704-motivated-pixel-artist-game-designer/

I'd really like to know if the Lynx can handle this kind of game!

• 2 weeks later...

obchan's project is still in the work, I showed an early version of his first person shooter on the e-jagfest. It's a bit stuck in the last months since my private life made it impossible to get any pixel stuff done, but the project is alive.

pbmmo3xmhizu.jpg

gt7ravicopdk.jpg

It has some limitations on due to the Lynx hardware, ost notably only 2 enemies on-screen at the same time, but you can do some nice levels and visuals. obchan hopes o include 2-player deathmatches via Comlynx as well.

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 2