IGNORED

Raster Music Tracker - RMT 1.14

raster/c.p.u.

New RMT tracker version 1.14 is out. See the file changes.txt to know all the changes. It also contains new version of Atari XE/XL player of RMT module files RMT1PLAY 1.01 - rmt1play.xex (4kb) and RMT versions of well-known songs: "Hymn to aurora" [4:13] and "Turrican 2 noise 3" [5:24] (revision 2).

And there is some extra bonus - new Atari XE/XL music demo rmtdemo.xex (17kb). Enjoy it! :D

http://www.infos.cz/raster/atari/rmt/rmt.htm

Thanks for your responses.

:thumbsup:  

Real cool adaptions in the Music-demo.... even the Turrican tune is more authentic.

Thank you. Oh yes... It sounds like a Turrican music. :)

Do you think it is possible to combine RMT tunes with G2F pictures?

I think so. Strictly speaking - if RMT tune uses 1/50 timing, it shouldn't be a problem. ;)

Is possible to create an Atari XL/XE version of RMT? It would be an alternative for non-PC users (like me :)... Maybe portable version of RMT?

Sorry, it isn't possible. RMT is PC cross-platform music tool only.

If you want to compose music on real Atari XE/XL, please use the best -> Theta Music Composer. :)

Sack, you are right in your readme to your songs... the song tmr used in the radio demo is absolutly burning in your brain... :)

any new tracks or are you back on SID... :D

hve

Yes... that "plasticpop" tune has a nice melody...and the "parallax" tune is getting a 10 out of 10 :)

But, the only nasty tune is the "Nazgul" tune ;)

I called it "beta" , but after listening to it multiple times, I cannot change a bit of it. The heavy and cool musix combined with pokey's charme... fabulous :)

OK here's a MOD-import-test... I am still working on...  

To sound "bizarre" is intentional for this song ...

I really like it. Way to go M.K. :)

It inspires me to design some bizarre/mad demo levels for my 1mbyte flashcart scrolling MCS game demo. May I use the tune for a demo level??

-----

mux

OK here's a MOD-import-test... I am still working on...  

To sound "bizarre" is intentional for this song ...

I really like it. Way to go M.K. :)

It inspires me to design some bizarre/mad demo levels for my 1mbyte flashcart scrolling MCS game demo. May I use the tune for a demo level??

-----

mux

You like it? So please give feedback about the update :)

There is an Intro planned with the Nazgul picture and music... so please stand by :)

BTW. you may use it in your software, when it's finished :)

Okay, I'll check it out this night, when I'm home. I'm on university now, where they don't have real ataris, as they are too modern/expensive :D :D

I have some bizarre handmade drawings (on paper), on which I'll base the level design. I'll try to scan them tonight, and post them on my game development thread.

-----

mux

There is an Intro planned with the Nazgul picture and music... so please stand by :)

I've listened to it, but the difference is hard to spot. What did you change exactly?

Have you seen my drawings for the demo? Do you think it would match the music?

And to Raster:

Really great stuff. New Tracker (I'm not used to it), great demo rmt-songs. Maybe I'll use RMT in my game after all.

-----

mux

and mayonnaise is perfect for a "game over" or "highscore" screen, remembers me enchanted land on atariST.

hve

Yeah - It really is the perfect song for that. Especially if you know the smashing pumpkins original ('and I fail/but when I can I will') - has that kind of 'Things aren't going to plan right now - but go back and have another try' vibe to it - which is what game over is, right? :)

I've got a couple of things I'm playing with on the Atari right now (Yes TMR - I will finish those Reaxion tunes sometime this millenium 8) ) which will find their way out into the world in due course. I've also been looking through rasters tunes and instruments for ideas on how to make things sound better too.

I'm glad folks like them though

I've listened to it, but the difference is hard to spot. What did you change exactly?

:?

Unbelievable, you did not recognize the additional base tone.

OK. I append another(the last beta) version. I think, this time you will hear a difference ;)

Have you seen my drawings for the demo? Do you think it would match the music?

I don't know.... but I am very shure, on the XL/XE they will look a little different ;) ...But, the concept is very interesting.

I've got a couple of things I'm playing with on the Atari right now (Yes TMR - I will finish those Reaxion tunes sometime this millenium  8) )

Can i just point out at this juncture that i don't nag other Cosine members for stuff - i've just become very good at getting some of them to feel guilty without being overt about it. =-)

Next job looks like being a demo (i've cycled back over to "demo mode") and i have a few vague notes about ideas knocking about the place...

is it only me or is some kind of "creativity flow" here on the boards? i mean seems since i am here @ atariage 2003 seems the most productive year...

all the 2600/5200 homebrews

raster music tracker, TIP, graph2fnt, cosine guys, numen, me getting more into coding 8bit again... anamux's mcs demo, etc...

so actually i like it to be here... :D in my dreams i would like to have atarihisteria connected to atariage and that the polish scene starts to envolve here as well... like with fox,dracon and few others...

hve