IGNORED

Popeye Spinach Can Scratch Game? Parker Brothers!

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

Check this out, I found it with Popeye instructions for the 2600 recently. It was stapled on the back and I have shown a picture. It looks like a scratch game and is marked with "Parker Brothers". I thought it was neat since I haven't seen one before. You could win a TEE-SHIRT for three Musical Notes or Three Hearts for a FULL SIZE POPEYE ARCADE MACHINE! As you may be able to see with my crappy picture, this one has two Musical Notes and one Heart. Cool find for my collection though! :D

8)

Yeah, it is neat. I since removed the rusty staple and have the scratch off seperate and protected for now. I like it a lot even though it is a loser. :)

I love instructions and stuff like this. I also saw the McDonald's atari things on eBay, they were really neat too! I wish I would have won those.

I wonder how you got this game piece? Is their a place on AA for scratch-off games like this or anything similar :? It must be Atari related.

I think all contest have to have third party companies hold their contests to make it fair. Like the McDonalds Monopoly that they pull every year.

The back of the card has this at the bottom of the endless small print....

"1983 Ventura Associates Inc."

I am going to try to scan this and add it but the site usually says my scans are "too big" or something. How do I fix this? PM me or just reply here I guess. Maybe I can get this scan to work since it is so small. This is a neat thing though, I would love to know where it originated.

"Requests must be received by July 31, 1984" :D

I just use microsoft paint to resize images for these forums. Just select everyting (Ctrl+A) and shrink it down by using the Strech/Skew (Ctrl+W) put it at like 50%. If you want to keep the small words big just select them off of the large image and copy them shrink the image and paste the copy of the words back on.

I just use microsoft paint to resize images for these forums. Just select everyting (Ctrl+A) and shrink it down by using the Strech/Skew (Ctrl+W) put it at like 50%. If you want to keep the small words big just select them off of the large image and copy them shrink the image and paste the copy of the words back on.

Actually, it is 4:20 right about now. :ponder: :D

8)

I try to upload my Scan and get this message, I am pissed now.

Not an allowed Mime Type: image/bmp

Allowed Types are:

image/gif ( gif )

image/ief ( ief )

image/jpeg ( jpeg jpg jpe )

image/pjpeg ( jpg )

image/png ( png )

image/x-png ( png )

image/tiff ( tiff tif )

image/x-cmu-raster ( ras )

image/x-portable-anymap ( pnm )

image/x-portable-bitmap ( pbm )

image/x-portable-graymap ( pgm )

image/x-portable-pixmap ( ppm )

image/x-rgb ( rgb )

image/x-xbitmap ( xbm )

image/x-xpixmap ( xpm )

image/x-xwindowdump ( xwd )

application/x-compress ( z Z )

application/x-gtar ( gtar tgz )

application/x-gunzip ( gz )

application/x-gzip ( gz )

application/x-gzip-compressed ( gz )

application/x-tar ( tar )

application/zip ( zip )

application/x-zip-compressed ( zip )

application/binary ( bin )

:roll:

I hate this!!! :mad:

WOW! That is better and you can even see where the rusty staple that I was talking about is. :D

Still, it is neat and has so much small print on the back. Honestly, I will take any offers, just PM me. Trades.....welcome! :)

I don't know, maybe I will keep it. :ponder:

Looks good! It is a nice unique piece that not everyone has. Although it would have been nice if it was a winner. Or better yet not scratched off.

Totally agreed! :D

Really, this is not perfect even though it is rather unique. I don't know the staple thing kind of sucks but that is how it was saved with the instructions. I just took it out so it didn't rust the paper any more than it already has. But, a winner would have been really nice and to find an unscratched one may be close to the same as finding a boxed Chuck Wagon or similar. Not very possible. But, still it is cool! 8)

I like that you can still see the part that hasn't been scratched yet......just enough to see you lost. :) Sucks for them, cool for me 20 years later!!!! :D

I wonder how many of these got thrown away as soon as they were scratched and found to be losers. It is kind of odd to see someone staple a losing contest piece to the instructions. I mean if it was me that scratched it and found a loser I wouldn't have said "Oh I have to save that". I would have just thrown it away too. (back in the day) Not if I found one now.

I wonder how many of these got thrown away as soon as they were scratched and found to be losers. It is kind of odd to see someone staple a losing contest piece to the instructions. I mean if it was me that scratched it and found a loser I wouldn't have said "Oh I have to save that". I would have just thrown it away too. (back in the day) Not if I found one now.

8)

Exactly!! And, I got it off eBay with about 30 more instructions for under $15.00! :P

Great Find!

SpendTooMuchOnAtari has to pat himself on the back. But, I never do get the good BIN's like some! I have seen your finds and know who you are! Gotta love eBay! :D

I have one of those in my 5200 Popeye box. I think it's unscratched though (no sense in scratching it off now though is there?).

Strangely I have two different 5200 Popeye boxes, one with the scratch off game listed on the cover and one without. Does the 2600 Popeye box come in this variation?

Tempest

i think this was the game card that came in both the 2600 and 5200 version of popeye. you can see the game announcement on the atariage boxes:

http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...3&BoxStyleID=26

http://www.atariage.com/box_page.html?Soft...0&BoxStyleID=69

i think i also have both 5200 popeye boxes, one with and one without the game announcement on the front. i don't recall if there was more than one US NTSC version of the 2600 popeye box.

i say you should keep the scratch-off card and put it in your popeye box...the card is much harder to find than the box.