IGNORED

Popeye Spinach Can Scratch Game? Parker Brothers!

SpendTooMuchOnAtari

I seen some (7 or 8 ) scratch contest cards from McDonalds up on ebay that went for like 30 bucks or something. I don't remember the actual numbers, but it was a lot for some atari contest scratch cards from a fast food place.

That was the "Taste the Thrill of Atari" promo back in 1983. I'm surprised people still have those cards. :-)

As you may be able to see with my crappy picture, this one has two Musical Notes and one Heart.  Cool find for my collection though!   :D    

8)

Yes and now send it to me. :D

I have one of these with my boxed Popeye...and no I'm not sending it to you either. :P

--Jason

Strangely I have two different 5200 Popeye boxes, one with the scratch off game listed on the cover and one without.  

I had both versions too. I recently got rid of my extras and kept the better box. I sold the one with the contest info on the front.

I had never seen the card thou, not much to it. :|

off topic:   I got a legend of zelda scratch card,   Rare you think?

Nope not as rare. Topps released a set of Nintendo card packs back in 1989 with official Nintendo characters, from Double Dragon, Zelda, Punch-out, Mario, etc, some were scratch offs some stickers and some just cards. Maybe they were all stickers/scratchoffs? They were all double sided with tips on the back of some, not many cards in the complete set either. They were kind of cheesy and only like 6 or 7 cards per pack. I've got a few around here somewhere.

This Popeye card was a packin with the game, but not in all games, only some as indicated on the box.

• 2 months later...
I think I have a scratch card like that from Keystone Kapers... (again) My collection is in storage so I can't verify it, but I seem to remember that.  I bought mine (new) from a Surplus store in Toronto over 10 years ago.

I had a chance to dig out my Keystone Kapers box last night and found that there was indeed a scratch card inside the box. Here is a photo (my scanner is not working at the moment):

Img_1303.jpg