IGNORED

I just got Crimson Skies and wow

Clock

Crimson Skies is really amazing. I love the smoothness and the detailed graphics. But its the control of the planes that really amazes me especially all those stunts and flips you can perform.

I haven't spent much time on the single player - the Xbox Live multiplayer mode is just to much fun.

Wierd thing I've noticed is that americans are actually quiet when playing this game and us brits just can't stoptalking - its like the opposite of every other Live game :D

Anyone else tried this Live yet? and what did you think?

Game is really great. A+ title. Played some system link with 6 people last weekend and it was a blast. Single player story is also top notch. I really like how the planes control, really easy to just pickup and play. Some of the protect the blimp missions get a little tired but overall the missions are nice.

Meh... I like the look, idea, and glowing reviews of Crimson Skies.... but I hate the idea of XBL... No (legal) option for using a PC to host an XB multiplayer online game? Boo. Gamespy? I'll research more when I actually have an XB.

Tailgunner... Tailgunning in vanilla (plain, no mods) Battlefield 1942 blowz0rz. The pilot will invariably angle the bomber to where you can't hit the fighter(s) tailing you, no matter which of the two turrets you're in.

90% of the fun with Xbox live is that you can taunt and joke with your team mates or opponents via the headset. Take that part of the experience away and you may as well play single player games. Xbox live is second only to a Lan party (and a close second at that).

I have played a little more of the single player up to the bit where you open the door to a cave...... I will continue on tommorrow to see whats actually in the cave.

• 6 months later...

Little late on the topic but I just got this game and WOW.

I would agree with the on par with HALO quote because this is the first game since HALO to have me hooked. Played it for a solid 5 hours last night.

Good stuff all around. I am on the find the titanium mine mission and Have just upgraded to the next level of plane. Cool stuff.

It's a great game game but doesn't have the lasting power of Halo. I stopped plaing after 2 or 3 weeks, but by coincidence MS has just released new dowloadable content via Live with new planes, maps and game types so I will dust it off and give it another go. :)

I'm at the very, very last part of Skies and I've given up - anything that requires me to start a whole 15 min level over from scratch if I screw up can suck my right nad :x Up until that part, great game and storyline!

I'm at the very' date=' very last part of Skies and I've given up - anything that requires me to start a whole 15 min level over from scratch if I screw up can suck my right nad :x Up until that part, great game and storyline![/quote']

Yeah, the flying and shooting parts are great, it's just that it's one more toilet paper game. If you play it as intended, it's not replayable because the missions aren't randomized at all and things don't seem to be randomly placed in preselected areas, they are in the same stinkin' places every time.

If you just want to have fun flying around and shooting things, remember that there are cheat codes. That's what I use if I feel like having a little fun.

And also remember that you can have a dogfight with another person and that can inject a whole new batch of fun juice into what may seem like a used up game. Invite a friend over and try to shoot each other out of the sky.

What part would that be?  I am at the part in the lost city were you have to go up against the tourists for the two skill tests.  Is it after that?

Yep, it's after that part. It's where you fight the big, incredibly insane airship that's destroying Chicago.

And I did end up using cheats for that last part.. and I *still* couldn't do it :P I think it might be my lack of patience - my wife got past it okay.

I love this game, even though I haven't tried it on Xbox live.

It reminds me of the old school wonder of "Wing Commander"...both had great graphics (for their time), a variety of mission types, arcadey physics, an engaging storyline, and the concept of a "home base" that you had to defend sometimes...

I think there was some typoing going on here. I blame the lack of an edit feature...

"forcing you to use dual-analog sticks like an FPS instead a normal analog flight control just killed the game."

should have read

"forcing you to use dual-analog sticks like an FPS instead of a normal analog flight control just killed the game."

Basically, I personally *wanted* a more faithful flight control to match the lavish visuals.

p.s. my avatar is from the cabinet of a great, classic 2d shoot-em-up. They don't make cabs like they used to...