IGNORED

Two-Player Kiosk

jaysmith2000

Sometime back someone told me that they made a two player Kiosk for the Jaguar. I purchased a new kiosk about 3 months ago, but didn't open it because I knew we were moving to Vegas. Well, I finally unpacked it on Friday and guess what? It's a 2 player. :D :D Has anyone else ever seen or does anyone else own one of these?

Thanks!

Jason

Sometime back someone told me that they made a two player Kiosk for the Jaguar.  I purchased a new kiosk about 3 months ago, but didn't open it because I knew we were moving to Vegas.  Well, I finally unpacked it on Friday and guess what?  It's a 2 player.   :D  :D   Has anyone else ever seen or does anyone else own one of these?  

Thanks!

Jason

:o

The only thing I've heard about a two player kiosk was what Glenn posted in this thread!

Wow! Is it w/ the idea of a T/Y bracket or something completely different?

Waitin' for those pics... :)

Jason, I only have one question for you...where the HELL to you even find this shit to buy?!? I look on e-bay and everywhere else I can think of and I never even see any of it for sale, and here you not only have what seems like everything ever made for the Jag, proto or not, but you have two or three of them!!! Geeze! give some of us other Jag fans a chance or heads up or something!!! :roll:

I'll trade you my mint copy of battlesphere for that old piece of junk one player Jag kiosk, since you have your shiny new 2 player one... |icon_innocent.gif

Jason, I only have one question for you...where the HELL to you even find this shit to buy?!? I look on e-bay and everywhere else I can think of and I never even see any of it for sale, and here you not only have what seems like everything ever made for the Jag, proto or not, but you have two or three of them!!! Geeze! give some of us other Jag fans a chance or heads up or something!!! :roll:

I'll trade you my mint copy of battlesphere for that old piece of junk one player Jag kiosk, since you have your shiny new 2 player one... |icon_innocent.gif

:) I just get lucky most of the time. I honestly bought this Kiosk without knowing it was 2 player. I bought it because my other one is missing the amp in the back (torn out) and doesn't have the metal on the base. I wanted a "mint" one. I'm going to work on installing my MAS stick in the one player one. It'll make it more like an arcade machine.

My web site is down for a while now that I've moved and my e-mail has changed. However, I'm going to be putting up a new one soon. It'll have a lot of things that weren't on my old site. I'll keep y'all posted.

Jason

Jason, you git :D ;)

While I think about it, would I be completely wrong in remembering there being two controller posts on top of Telegames's kiosk at Jagfest UK? Maybe nobody paid much attention given that it was never set up right, but I'd swear there were two controllers...

Stone

:) I just get lucky most of the time. I honestly bought this Kiosk without knowing it was 2 player. I bought it because my other one is missing the amp in the back (torn out) and doesn't have the metal on the base. I wanted a "mint" one. I'm going to work on installing my MAS stick in the one player one. It'll make it more like an arcade machine.

My web site is down for a while now that I've moved and my e-mail has changed. However, I'm going to be putting up a new one soon. It'll have a lot of things that weren't on my old site. I'll keep y'all posted.

Jason

DOH! :x That was my idea if I could talk you out of the one-player kiosk; install my MAAS stick on it!!! The one I've shown before that is already done up in the authentic Jaguar motif... :love: I guess i'll just have to settle for the Dreamcast Kiosk I saw for $150 recently...everything included (monitor and whatnot-2 player too!). As long as I can get back to it before someone else gets it; it's been there for about a month already, as I've been mulling over whether I should get it or not, Doesn't seem like anyone else is interested in it, but I've thought that before when stuff has been lying around resale shops and then when I finally go in to buy it, it gone! :x Of course the person there is like "yep, just got bought yesterday" but that seems to be my life 90% of the time-day late and a dollar short. :sad:

Ok, where the hell do you find a NEW Jaguar kiosk :?  

I'm breaking my neck just to find a USED one.

New is a bit of a stretch. The individual that had it before basically just packed it away and stored it, so I guess "like new" would have been a more appropriate description. Actually, Bruce at B&C had 3 brand new crated Kiosks (without bases, he only had 1 base) not too long ago, but I'm pretty sure they're sold now..... Keep you eyes peeled, they pop up every once in a while.

On another side note, as mentioned above it has all Tempest 2000 artwork/descriptions on it. Has anyone ever seen that???? This is one weird Kiosk.... I thought my pictures on my other one were rare....

Fun stuff....

Jason

DOH! :x  That was my idea if I could talk you out of the one-player kiosk; install my MAAS stick on it!!! The one I've shown before that is already done up in the authentic Jaguar motif... :love:  I guess i'll just have to settle for the Dreamcast Kiosk I saw for $150 recently...everything included (monitor and whatnot-2 player too!). As long as I can get back to it before someone else gets it; it's been there for about a month already, as I've been mulling over whether I should get it or not, Doesn't seem like anyone else is interested in it, but I've thought that before when stuff has been lying around resale shops and then when I finally go in to buy it, it gone! :x  Of course the person there is like "yep, just got bought yesterday" but that seems to be my life 90% of the time-day late and a dollar short. :sad:

Great minds think alike I guess Gunstar! :) I would definitely snag that Dreamcast Kiosk though! Damn, $150, that's a STEAL. Have you seen those European ones? Those are awesome looking. I do remember pics of your MAAS stick. I definitely think yours would like nicer than mine. The white is going to clash. Maybe I'll get creating and try to build my own. God help us!

Jason

Sorry but the kiosk at Jagfest UK was only a single player one. I just re-checked the picture at the web page.

Ahh, oki :) Guess I just got confused with all the metalwork lying on top of it ;)

When's Jagfest Micro again? Might be able to make that now...

Would be good :)

Stone

After seeing the two controller positions on that kiosk, I realized I had those same possible outlets on mine. I'd just assumed the cutouts were put there by Jayson for the ventilation that he'd mentioned in a previous thread. I checked underneath and sure enough, there are a couple holes drilled in the particle board (matching the centered 1 player controller setup). If I had another one of these wire rope controller mounts, this kiosk could be converted to a two player also. I'm wondering if all the kiosks have these extra holes drilled and maybe some of them were sent out single player for lack of cash(?) or something.

Does your other kiosk have anything similar, Jaysmith2000? Here's some quick shots I took of mine. Those controller plugs are extension cables I ran myself and mounted in the existing cutouts.(so it could be two player ;) )

post-2188-1068081234_thumb.jpg

post-2188-1068081235_thumb.jpg

post-2188-1068081236_thumb.jpg

After seeing the two controller positions on that kiosk, I realized I had those same possible outlets on mine. I'd just assumed the cutouts were put there by Jayson for the ventilation that he'd mentioned in a previous thread. I checked underneath and sure enough, there are a couple holes drilled in the particle board (matching the centered 1 player controller setup). If I had another one of these wire rope controller mounts, this kiosk could be converted to a two player also. I'm wondering if all the kiosks have these extra holes drilled and maybe some of them were sent out single player for lack of cash(?) or something.

Does your other kiosk have anything similar, Jaysmith2000? Here's some quick shots I took of mine. Those controller plugs are extension cables I ran myself and mounted in the existing cutouts.(so it could be two player ;) )

Hey Saturn,

Fascinating. I checked my other Kiosk, it doesn't have the front cut for 2 player, but does have the holes drilled underneath for the controller(s). In looking at your pics it appears yours was originally a 2 player Kiosk and then someone created that center cut to make it a 1 player. The 2 outside cuts look clean, but that middle one looks rough. Is it just the pic or does that sound right?

Jason

My kiosk is setup as Jay described, a single hole in the plastic front for the one player controller holder, but it does have the two holes drilled in the particle board for two controllers.

BTW, my kiosk is missing the arm that is supposed to hold the controller. Does anyone have an extra or know where I could get one?

post-1188-1068083286_thumb.jpg