IGNORED

Jaguar VR helmet on ebay!!!!!!!!!!

jagpaul

I have the only 2 working units (Curt Vendel (via Ted Rusniak)...  

Jason

Ahhh, that makes sense. Now I know why Rusniak reneged on the ebay auction I won for this item. There's always an explanation and always someone behind it....

John

Lord!  It’s a MIRACLE!  Up and vanished like a fart in the wind!  ….This is a conspiracy. That’s what this is. It’s one ...big ...damned ...CONSPIRACY! And EVERYONE’S in on it!

Oh and if either of you(J and Curt) come across Zone Hunter proto, shoot me an email. I will shell out MEGA bucks for that bad boy! :)

You and I both buddy. I tried and tried and tried to run that down after I got my first VR unit. I would love to play that on them. Would be awesome to show something like that at a Jagfest!

I'm not sure if the Dynovisor could be modded to work, but it certainly is plausible considering that and the Scuba were made based on the Jaguar design. I've been meaning to tear my Scuba apart and compare it with my Jag VR's. Will do sometime soon and let everyone know my findings....

Jason

Yea.... I tried so hard to get the development PC's Virtuality used but when talking to one of the lead guys in the Jag VR dev team, he stated they were required to wipe all data off of the systems and auction the computers to other businesses. Such a shame.... that and the programmer wasn't allowed to take home any code he had.

I was fortunate enough to talk to Martin Brownlow too (MC3D )

and he is a good guy.... and very talented. He said when he was working

on MC3D he was also working on a Doom-clone engine (which he said blew the Doom engine out of the water and it ran insanely fast WITH music.) Considering MC3D was his first game, I can believe it. I'm

pretty sure if he had the given time that would have evolved into the

Zone Hunter. The Zone Hunter pics everyone sees on the net is from the

Virtuality VR systems and not on the Jag.

It's too bad the VRs could never be realized potentially.... it would have made for some great MultiPlayer parties :D

Curt, yea... I gave you, Jason, and Carl from AHS copies of those Jag transfers and docs/files. Hope to see them up online soon for everyone to check out :) I think I still got some original stuff str8 from Virtuality in my garage (whenever I can find the time! heh)

Clint Thompson

If I ever got my hands on one it would go in my coffin with me.

Haha, same here.

I wonder if it'll make it to $1500... 8)

I sold it originally to JagWarlord because I have 2 working ones and I knew he would NEVER stop bugging me for it. I am surprised he's selling it, but I do know why...... :D

Wow! I didn't know you had it. Wasn't there a red mockup VR out there? I thought Jagwarlord was advertising to buy it on JI2 a while back. Can anyone confirm that it exists?

Hmm, two working and two mockups 8)

I want one :D

If I ever got my hands on one it would go in my coffin with me.

Haha, same here.

I wonder if it'll make it to $1500... 8)

I sold it originally to JagWarlord because I have 2 working ones and I knew he would NEVER stop bugging me for it. I am surprised he's selling it, but I do know why...... :D

Wow! I didn't know you had it. Wasn't there a red mockup VR out there? I thought Jagwarlord was advertising to buy it on JI2 a while back. Can anyone confirm that it exists?

Hmm, two working and two mockups 8)

I want one :D

Yep, Curt has it. He actually has about 3/4 of the working parts inside he needs, so hopefully there will be 3 working units someday.....

No, hopefully between the two of you you'll manage to make proper plans and release them so there can be lots of working units one day (even if they are lacking the plastic shell). It cant be impossible to reproduce them, and I think you know it would be cost effective no matter how much the materials/labor cost lol, jag fans are nuts when it comes to cool rare things. I guess the only hard bit is doing so without destroying the existing ones, so I understand why it has not been done yet.

No, hopefully between the two of you you'll manage to make proper plans and release them so there can be lots of working units one day (even if they are lacking the plastic shell). It cant be impossible to reproduce them, and I think you know it would be cost effective no matter how much the materials/labor cost lol, jag fans are nuts when it comes to cool rare things. I guess the only hard bit is doing so without destroying the existing ones, so I understand why it has not been done yet.

It would certainly be cool. Clint has done tons of research on reproducing the units, the cost was pretty steep, however based on some of the offers I've received for my units it might be worthwhile.....

Jason

Hmm... looks like it might disapear into the wild again then :(, the only reason I can think of to make a new account to buy that with is if whoever won it dosnt want the Jag community to know who he is.

I don't think it was created just for this auction. It doesn't have the "new member" sunglasses or sunshine stuff next to it. I checked their feedback just for the hell of it and they have one neg reading: "NON-PAYING BIDDER! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!" and a positive feedback stating:"I agree, NON-PAYING BIDDER! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!" Maybe these cancelled each other out and left the user w/ zero?

And why would someone leave a positive feedback, then agree with a complaint :? I think this is a bogus deal. Maybe JagWarlord can fill us in on what happens.

Hmm... looks like it might disapear into the wild again then :(, the only reason I can think of to make a new account to buy that with is if whoever won it dosnt want the Jag community to know who he is.

I don't think it was created just for this auction. It doesn't have the "new member" sunglasses or sunshine stuff next to it. I checked their feedback just for the hell of it and they have one neg reading: "NON-PAYING BIDDER! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!" and a positive feedback stating:"I agree, NON-PAYING BIDDER! AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!" Maybe these cancelled each other out and left the user w/ zero?

And why would someone leave a positive feedback, then agree with a complaint :? I think this is a bogus deal. Maybe JagWarlord can fill us in on what happens.

Very strange, but it sounds like it's a bogus bidder. Odds are Jagwarlord will be hanging onto this for a while or selling to the next highest bidder.

Jason

You can call me biased, but I'm hoping that he sells it to the next highest bidder.

I always do a bidder search on all the other bidders in the bid histories of an item I bid on - this guy has some other auctions won from mid October that he hasn't received feedback for - makes me wonder if he didn't pay for those either.