IGNORED

phase zero?

jagpaul

There are 9 stages total, every one of them is BIG. The first five are available off the bat, but the game crashes at level 5 (can't finish the level), the other 4 levels, 6-9, need accessing with a code, or at least to get to 6, then play through the rest, or select any level you want with the code, it's a simple code too, press an hold a numeric number (1-9), press and hold pause, then let go of the number key and a split second later, let go of the pause key, your at that level! Just start the game! There are a couple levels, like IIRC 7 and 9 that don't have any enemies and nothing to do, you can just explore the totally cool landscapes. The other levels all have various enemies to battle, power-ups to find and objectives to complete (whichis generally just reaching a checkpoint). The levels will end very quickly if all you do is go straight to the checkpoints, but if you wander around exploring, you will encounter unique locations, power-ups and PLENTY of enemies to nail to the wall or be nailed by, this game has TONS of play value even in it current state and the graphics are awome looking, fast&smooth, you can even adjust power to your sheilds should one area become weak, just transpose power from other sides! Good, good stuff. Let's just hope that Carl can still bring out a more complete/complete version soon! YEAH! 8)

P.S., Do yourself a favor, get the game from Songbird instead of B&C, you'll pay less than half for shipping from Songbird.

• Like 1

There are 9 stages total, every one of them is BIG. The first five are available off the bat, but the game crashes at level 5 (can't finish the level), the other 4 levels, 6-9, need accessing with a code, or at least to get to 6, then play through the rest, or select any level you want with the code, it's a simple code too, press an hold a numeric number (1-9), press and hold pause, then let go of the number key and a split second later, let go of the pause key, your at that level! Just start the game! There are a couple levels, like IIRC 7 and 9 that don't have any enemies and nothing to do, you can just explore the totally cool landscapes. The other levels all have various enemies to battle, power-ups to find and objectives to complete (whichis generally just reaching a checkpoint). The levels will end very quickly if all you do is go straight to the checkpoints, but if you wander around exploring, you will encounter unique locations, power-ups and PLENTY of enemies to nail to the wall or be nailed by, this game has TONS of play value even in it current state and the graphics are awome looking, fast&smooth, you can even adjust power to your sheilds should one area become weak, just transpose power from other sides! Good, good stuff. Let's just hope that Carl can still bring out a more complete/complete version soon! YEAH! 8)

P.S., Do yourself a favor, get the game from Songbird instead of B&C, you'll pay less than half for shipping from Songbird.

I'm sold! That's the most interesting and enticing description I've heard to date. I'll be placing an order soon. Even when and if the complete version is released, I'll snag that, too.

Support the devs... 8)

One more thing about PhaseZero; the mission discriptions are mostly out of order for some reason, that is to say, for example, If your just starting the game on level one, the description given is actually for mission 3 and the description on level 3 is for mission 1, etc. i think a couple of levels&mission description match up, but most do not. I'm going to get around to writing a guide for this game similiar to the one I did for SW2K sooner or later and I'll match up the right missions descriptions with levels in that as well as point out better use of controls&controlling the heads-up display/weapons/sheilds etc. and where some unique locations&power-ups are in the different levels.

I wish I had the source -- the Hyper Image guys have promised to make it available to me if they are able to locate it, but it's been well over a year and nothing to report yet...

So, you can keep hoping, but don't expect anything in the next few months.  :roll:

I will keep dreaming on does that count too :grin: :grin:

I wish I had the source -- the Hyper Image guys have promised to make it available to me if they are able to locate it, but it's been well over a year and nothing to report yet...

So, you can keep hoping, but don't expect anything in the next few months.  :roll:

Then, fingers crossed... :)

I'm going to get around to writing a guide for this game similiar to the one I did for SW2K ...

Good luck on that! :D

Is the one you did for SW2K available to the public? I'd like to see it.

http://metalstuff.com/area64/jaguar/review...ar2000guide.htm

• 17 years later...

I procured Phase Zero. It looks pretty cool, but I can't make heads/tails out of what to do. I fly what seems like a long way, end up in same area, shoot enemies, and get killed. According to this thread, the mission descriptions are discombobulated, which probably isn't helping.

Buh?

• Like 1

The first missions can be completed and I believe the mission text is accurate for them. Watch for the faint arrows on the left or right side of the HUD to guide you to the next waypoint. When you see the crosshair on your screen, head towards it. You can also hold down the Option key + a joypad direction to change some in-game options.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/19/2021 at 10:52 AM, Songbird said:

The first missions can be completed and I believe the mission text is accurate for them. Watch for the faint arrows on the left or right side of the HUD to guide you to the next waypoint. When you see the crosshair on your screen, head towards it. You can also hold down the Option key + a joypad direction to change some in-game options.

This helped a lot. I was able to fly a couple of the rocky things to do whatever it was that was supposed to happen. Both times I tried, though, the third place I was supposed to fly was a flat, yellow and blue spot next to a tower. I can't fly onto the flat platform; bumping into the tower lets me fly inside it, but I eventually emerge on other side.

Any brilyunt insights?

O, also, sometimes this game produces horrid static instead of standard game sounds. Not white-noise type static; more like old-timey fax or modem sounds. It sometimes stops after a few minutes and regular sounds return.