IGNORED

Spacewar 2k

Mendon

I think I'm gonna order Barkley from B&C but before I do I would like to get opinions on whether Spacewar 2k is worth adding to the order? If its something worth the money (meaning playable at all and not just something for collecting purposes) I'll order it now to save me some shipping money.

Opinions?

Thanks in advance!

Mendon

I think I'm gonna order Barkley from B&C but before I do I would like to get opinions on whether Spacewar 2k is worth adding to the order? If its something worth the money (meaning playable at all and not just something for collecting purposes) I'll order it now to save me some shipping money.

Opinions?

Thanks in advance!

Mendon

Just my opinion Mendon, but I would snag SpaceWar 2k. I think the game is great! It doesn't have a whole ton of replay value, but it looks great, is fun and you get a good pic of Lance Lewis as the alien. :)

Jason

I also think it's very good. It actually has quite a few options in setup, can be played solo or split-screen two player in either co-op or deathmatch and there are several choices for co-op too! There really is a lot to do and play considering how incomplete it is supposed to be. People who say there is no game there to play are just plain-dead-wrong, they obviously did not give it a good going through and learn what all is there. One reason for early assumptions that there isn't anything to it is that after each "level" it goes directly back to the main menu as if that's all there is to it, but if you select the "play bell" (start game) option again, it continues to higher levels with more enemies, different enemies and higher difficulty, the computer AI is adjustable, along with a ton of other things and the AI is actually quite good in harder difficulty selections and higher levels. As long as you keep pressing "play bell" afterevery level, the game will continue, keeping track of your score and moving you on to tuffer levels with more&different enemies. The game does crash occasionally, one way which seems to cause the most crashes is running into enemy ships in combat, most time you glance off them, but some times the game crash, so avoid close contact. The other way to avoid crashing the game (in menus) is to select all your options before playing and DO NOT change them mid-game, it will crash 99% of the time. Of course RESET corrects all. I have written up a full review/guide to the game, which B&C now has a link to on their site. Enjoy!

I bought both Space War 2000 and Phaze Zero at AGE (I wish I had brought more money with me, two-thirds of my cash was gone in the first hour!) It's a good game, but not great. Of course, I had finally gotten to play Battlesphere at that show, so after that every other space shooter seemed like a letdown. The game has limited replayability. It would have been better if Atari had kept it closer to what they originally designed it to be, which was Star Raiders 2000. As it stands now, it's definitely fun, but the enemy ships AI is poor, as they won't try to avoid you getting behind them and blasting away. The game is just - start, fly towards bad guys, pick them off one by one, go to next level, repeat. It gets a little repetetive.

Thanks to everyone who posted; much appreciated!

Based on your comments I think I'll go ahead and order Spacewar 2k when I order Barkley. Sounds like it is more than just a collectable cart and something worth fooling around with.

Now, all I have to do is convince Tony to make me a box for Barkley :D

Mendon

Thanks to everyone who posted; much appreciated!

Based on your comments I think I'll go ahead and order Spacewar 2k when I order Barkley. Sounds like it is more than just a collectable cart and something worth fooling around with.

Now, all I have to do is convince Tony to make me a box for Barkley  :D  

Mendon

:D

Maybe, I could made a .pdf file of the box and put it online, or, buy the color cartridge for my printer, then make and send it to you :) . I work a little, and finally found a good cardboard to print and fold, instead of use adesive paper. I did it for Defender 2k box, and it's almost perfect.

Maybe, I could made a .pdf file of the box and put it online, or, buy the color cartridge for my printer, then make and send it to you  :) . I work a little, and finally found a good cardboard to print and fold, instead of use adesive paper. I did it for Defender 2k box, and it's almost perfect.

If you got a picture of the Defender box, I'd really like to see your work.

If you had the time and wanted to go to the trouble, I'd be more than happy to buy a box off of you for Barkley. You could ship it flat and I'd fold it when it arrived. I could PayPal you money or whatever. But this is only if you had the time and wanted to go to the trouble to do so.

I'm not that creative nor have I the skills to make games or boxes so I guess my contribution to the Jag community is by supporting those that do. I wouldn't mind at all buying a box from you or, as I've said in the past, if someone put the homebrew games (like Jagtris or Pac-mania) on CD I'd buy them. I've got American Hero and sent a message to Clint about buying BI/WN if any more are available. Supporting those that support my gaming habit is something I like to do.

Like I said, I'd like to see a picture of your Defender box, Tony, and don't worry about the Barkley box unless you are motivated to do so.

Thanks much!

Mendon

Mendon, I need to borrow a digital cam, so I could make a photo of the Defender box. Meanwhile, I'm working to 'complete' the back of BSUJ box, adding some texts (if you remember, there wasn't any text in the box I did). I found a pic of the Genesis version, but it's too small, so I can't read nothing but the title...

...Goin' back to surf the net and find something readable :)

Meanwhile, I'm working to 'complete' the back of BSUJ box, adding some texts (if you remember, there wasn't any text in the box I did).  I found a pic of the Genesis version, but it's too small, so I can't read nothing but the title...

...Goin' back to surf the net and find something readable  :)

check this one out ;)

I used it for my BSUJ box, you just have to modify the text a little bit so it fits for the Jag version :)

barkley_back.zip