IGNORED

Was 11/04/03 the Jag's 10th anniversary?

Saturn

Really? I got mine on November 23, 1993, which was the day the local Electronics Boutique got them in. I had always thought that was the first day that the Jaguar had been available to the general public.

I recall right around Thanksgiving, I have some documents from a Public Relations firm on the big Jaguar 64 launch Party at the Time Warner building in New York back in 1993, but no specific date.

Curt

I got one in August 1993. From what I know, I was the first kid in my state to get a Jaguar. My parents had placed an order with Babbages so I could get one by my birthday and they suprised me with it. I know that the official release was at Thanksgiving 1993 with the national launch being sometime in December.

To this day I'm not sure how or why Babbages got my unit that early. I just remember turning my nose up at all my friends who thought their SNES was so cool, and realizing that my Jag's serial number was extreemly low.

Really? I got mine on November 23, 1993, which was the day the local Electronics Boutique got them in. I had always thought that was the first day that the Jaguar had been available to the general public.

I recall right around Thanksgiving,

November 23, 1993 was two days before Thanksgiving that year. Atari had promised it would be released before Thanksgiving. About a week before Thanksgiving, a lot of people (mainly Atari detractors) were giving them flak thinking that they weren't going to make it, but Atari managed to prove the naysayers wrong. :)

I have some documents from a Public Relations firm on the big Jaguar 64 launch Party at the Time Warner building in New York back in 1993, but no specific date.

I think November 4, 1993 was the date when the launch party was held. People could see and play the Jaguar there, but they weren't available for sale. For that reason, I still maintain 11/23/93 as the official launch date. (Sorry, Ferris, I don't think anyone--including members of the video game press--had Jaguars back in August of that year.)