IGNORED

how many people have?

jagpaul

Not me :(. I'm saving up my money for something big... I dunno what the big thing is though :P. IF I go to e-jagfest I'll get some stuff over there, hopefully a cheap jaguar CD. But the chance I go to there is small.

But I do think it's a nice game.

I  have it for my Flash.... pretty cool! I loaded it up yesterday to give

it a few rounds of play actually.

In some strange way, it reminds me of Hero because you can save a guy on the first level (or is it the 2nd level?) anyways... :)

:P

Hero?? Another wonderful game, that I'd loved to see in a new version for the Jaguar. You know, H.E.R.O. 2000, or H.E.R.O. 3D... :D

Haha.. you know it's funny you should mention Hero 2000....

A few months ago I was working on some -mock up- screens for Jag games... nothing special...but here's one I came up with :P

Wow, it's cool :D If only someone at Atari look back at the past and think about it...

Well, back to reality :)

Initially I had PhaseZero on flashrom, it was the first reason I searched for a flashrom, just so I could download the image and play. After some searching, I was approached by Ted Rusniak, and traded away a Catbox and a copy of Aircars for the flashrom loaded with PhaseZero. Then the flashrom went belly-up when I first attempted to flash a new image. I later bought a copy from Songbird and since my flashrom has been repaired by Stone, with Glenn's parts. So I have it on both now, and am about to do some experimenting with the network mode. Has anyone actually ever tried to hook up 2 or more copies of PZ to see if the network option would do more than go to a black screen if it detected a network? I'm just curious, so no matter the answer, I'm attempting it myself regardless.

So, sorry for the long answer, but my quest to try this game was paramount when I first heard about the image availability, this game (PZ) was the next "killer app" for the Jaguar, with a cool Voxel graphics engine and networking possibilities, as far as I was ever concerned. Even in it's current state I'm satisfied I have anything.

When I found the codes to get past level 5 back in the day :)

I did some "looking" around under the rom.

I found where the Network code begins but there is nothing under it at all... just a header that states where the code would have been so my assumption is that they never got far enough to implement this code.

Going from memory:

[Enter Network]

*[end of network]

With nothing in between.

However, if you find something different out, it'd be cool to hear about! :)

Keep us posted!

When I found the codes to get past level 5 back in the day :)

I did some "looking" around under the rom.

I found where the Network code begins but there is nothing under it at all... just a header that states where the code would have been so my assumption is that they never got far enough to implement this code.  

Going from memory:

[Enter Network]

*[end of network]

With nothing in between.

However, if you find something different out, it'd be cool to hear about! :)

Keep us posted!

Well, I can't say anything about what you looked at Clint, but I did run through some tests here today and here are the results:

PhaseZero recognizes when the Jaglink is hooked up; I set up both of my Jags and copies of PZ, the regular Songbird cart on my dev. Jag, the flashcart on my regular Jag. Jaglink connected to both. Plug in 4-prong phone jack; black background on PhaseZero turns blue. Plug in the other end to other Jag with PZ, black background turns blue. PhaseZero has recognized the Jaglink between the two systems. I then tried starting both in network mode at the same time and one immediately after the other, results: both screens go black momentarily then one turns blue and the other red. I presume the red screen means failure to network. But there IS SOMETHING there...

I've found out some more interesting things while playing around with PZ that I'll cover in a guide that will be out soon.