IGNORED

Mysterious Pieces?

kstockbridge

One Saturday, just like any Saturday, my husband and I went out for normal garage sale trip around the area. Low and behold I saw a huge box of Atari odds and ends and a huge pile of games. Just what I need for my coleco system more games for the atari adapter for me to play with.

So my husband offered her $20 for the whole lot and we ended up taking home 4 boxes of stuff.

You would not believe everything I got (Don't get too excited, nothing was in boxes. But they're good enough for me since I just really love to play the games). Well here is a list of everything that it had, plus the items that I need to figure out their purpose.

- a 2600 console, a 7800 console, 70 different games (only 5 of them were 7800 games though), 2 remote controllers (those things are HUGE!), 4 paddle controllers, 2 driving controllers, 1 7800 joystick, 1 old version atari joystick, a console to hold games (Its kind of bulky, though), and then 2 different items that I'm not sure what they are for. I think thats it.

They are both similar. One item is rectangle and has blue writing and number pads on it (I have 2 of them). The other has number pads on it, but it is larger and completely black (there was 2 of those too.)

I just can't believe I got it all for $20.

Anyways, if anyone can help me out with the purpose of the number pad things it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like one of them is the keyboard controllers as Atari called them. There were needed for Basic Programming and Codebreakers.

The other with the blue writing I can't be sure about. It sounds like another keyboard controller type thing. Atari did make a Blue one that was called the Kids Controller and was the exact same thing as the keyboard controllers but was a little bigger and in a blue case as I stated.

Check here and see if they anything like any of these:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/controllers/c...sController.jpg

http://www.atariage.com/2600/controllers/c...ariKeyboard.jpg

hope that helps.