IGNORED

Jag Encryption - Round 2

Curt Vendel

Those are really good guesses but let's not get too carried away!

I made great progress over the weekend but I have been reading the forum and I think it would be wise to incorporate methods to protect developers from misuse of this product. I need to know if there is a way to detect an orphan ROM from a supported ROM if that makes any sense to you. I have found some topics where this is mentioned in passing but cannot find any specifics. If somebody knows how to do this I would be very interested.

Tom G.

I need to know if there is a way to detect an orphan ROM from a supported ROM if that makes any sense to you. I have found some topics where this is mentioned in passing but cannot find any specifics. If somebody knows how to do this I would be very interested.

I suggest working directly with developers who are still publishing or still active on the forums. Send them e-mails describing your plans and then ask for advice on how you can protect their intellectual property. I'm sure most of them have ideas.

To protect the rights of future developers, you can put a mechanism in your product that is easy to detect and impossible to disable. That way future releases can check for your product and refuse to operate, if that's what the publisher wishes.

I'm sure the regulars here could tell you the names of the remaining developers, publishers, and interested parties.

- KS

• 4 months later...