IGNORED

Jag Encryption - Round 2

Curt Vendel

For those of you encrypting Jaguar cartridges, Curt did post in a separate thread back on 10 Sep the PC version of the cartridge encryption program that Eric Smith wrote. His message has three files attached and is almost half way down the page.

Here's a link to the message. You want to download the one called Jagcrypt.zip. Jagcrypt.exe is the program to run. Saves time having to either find a ST/TT or emulator setup just to do the cartridge authentication. Unfortunately, you need an Alpine and dev CD setup to do the CD authenticaiton.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...yption&start=25

Glenn

Wow, that's great news. I'm sure glad that Curt was working so hard to find this stuff. My hat's off to ya!

About that encrypted Phaze Zero download, is it possible to download it and then burn it onto a cd for play on the JagCD, or is the image written strictly for the cart Jag? I would really love to try out that game on the JagCD, y'know...

Wow, that's great news. I'm sure glad that Curt was working so hard to find this stuff. My hat's off to ya!

About that encrypted Phaze Zero download, is it possible to download it and then burn it onto a cd for play on the JagCD, or is the image written strictly for the cart Jag? I would really love to try out that game on the JagCD, y'know...

Sorry, strictly for cartridge. No getting around that.

Glenn

OK y'all, here's the PC version of jagcrypt for your edification and enjoyment. This version should be considerably easier to use than previous versions, as the public and private keys are built in. 8) It also has the capability of creating a single ROM cart image as well (via the -u switch).

Maybe this will inspire someone to C-ify the CDROM version? :D

pc_jagcrypt.zip

OK y'all, here's the PC version of jagcrypt for your edification and enjoyment. This version should be considerably easier to use than previous versions, as the public and private keys are built in. 8) It also has the capability of creating a single ROM cart image as well (via the -u switch).

Maybe this will inspire someone to C-ify the CDROM version? :D

Very cool Shamus, thanks for the simplicity.

Again, hats off to Mr. Atari.

Gordon, put me down for a copy of the "encrypted" version of Painter. Damn, I've finally had a little time to play with it and I love the game. Wonderful job! You know we all expect new releases of Painter at every Gaming Expo right? :)

Jason

As soon as your new encrypted version is ready let me know, I'd like to buy a copy.

Curt

Hi Curt,

Well, I managed to make a version of Painter that loads with a retail CD unit. Woohooo! It's not that I didn't believe Glenn, but, I just had to see it for myself.

What I want to know is how Glenn knew the hashtab.cd file needed to have 2 extra bytes of zero on the front?? It didn't work without those 2 bytes... I tried :twisted:

I will make a couple of changes to the code before I build a new version of Painter. I want to fix a couple of things, before I re-release it.

Great work Curt and Glenn, you made it a happy 10th birthday for the Jaguar Community!

Regards,

Gordon