IGNORED

Batman 1990 prototype from Sunsoft?

I remember back in 1989 seeing a preview of the Batman game from Sunsoft. They showed a bunch of cut scenes that were, well, cut from the game itself.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a prototype rom that may have been dumped?

Are you talking about "Batman - The Revenge Of The Joker" ? If so, yes I dumped it before I sold the prototype.

You know I think I vaguely remember this proto. As I recall I saw some pics in a gaming amg back then (Nintendo Power maybe?). I do remember the criminal interigation screenshot because I thought it looked damn good for a NES game. It never occured to me that they weren't in the final release until now.

Tempest

Sunsoft made the better ones. Batman on the NES and Genesis are great. It's okay on GB. Batman: Return of the Joker was good on the GB and the NES, wasn't a big fan of the Genesis one for some reason.

I think the only good Konami Batman (IMO) is Batman Returns for the SNES. The NES one I found dull and repetitive, the exact opposite of their excellent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III.

Actually The Adventures of Batman & Robin for SNES is even bettern than Batman Returns.

The graphics, animation and especially the music are awesome considering it's a 16-bit game.

It's worth checking out.

BTW, ROTJ for NES was awesome but it seemed to me they dropped the ball on the Genesis and SNES version. They appear to be nothing but a straight port of the NES version with a couple of (very) small graphic enhancements.

• 2 years later...

batman.jpg

The preview also has a 1up that was cut from the game, and this cut screen:

batman02.jpg

Unfortunately, the only proto found so far contains none of these things. The 1up sprite IS still in the ROM, though.

EDIT: These are for a future project, so please don't steal!

Hey I cannot see the pictures anymore. I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you ever read this could you post the pictures again? I would really like to see the stuff that was cut from the game. Thank you!