IGNORED

Another Retraction

vanman

This time I am pissed. The guy e-mailed me:

I was packing the 3do today and I dropped the system. There is a huge crack down the left side and part of the cd lid brock off. I havent had time to test the system, I will leave that up to you. I am leaving the price the same because the damage done to the system is minor and is no reason to bring the price down. Happy bidding!

That pisses me off. :x I didnt want another retraction on my record (My brother gave me 3 :x ) And you didnt like me already, so now I am screwed, right? :sad:

Anyway, my response:

I will not cancel the auction. You should'nt have bid if you weren't going to allow for mistakes. The system works fine if you duct tape the crack and hold the lid down. I will even throw in a roll of duct tape so the system will work.

How should I respond? I retracted my bid, but I think I should respond to that in some way. Anyway, sorry

The guy's as Mary McFly said, an "Asshole".

I will not cancel the auction. You should'nt have bid if you weren't going to allow for mistakes. The system works fine if you duct tape the crack and hold the lid down. I will even throw in a roll of duct tape so the system will work.

"Mistakes? Like some dumbass dropping an electronic appliance, refusing to retest it and selling it as if nothing happened? THAT'S a mistake?"

Say it! SAY IT!!!

He's an idiot. Is he changing the auction listing? Has it ended? Maybe you'll be outbid. This sucks, man.

Report him!

If I were you, my face would look like my avatar. You could see the fire in my eyes.

Hmmm...

You should respond that you'll be happy to drive up there along with your crazy fool bro' so as to give him some some good old-fashioned "New Mexico Go Behind". You should add that you'll let him keep his f'ing roll of duct tape so he can tape his ass cheeks closed when you're all done.

rpm

Hmmm...

You should respond that you'll be happy to drive up there along with your crazy fool bro' so as to give him some some good old-fashioned "New Mexico Go Behind". You should add that you'll let him keep his f'ing roll of duct tape so he can tape his ass cheeks closed when you're all done.

rpm

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is the situation where live help might come in handy. Go on there and tell them what happened and give them the emails, and they will probly tell the seller to cancel bids and end the auction.

Plus it isn't fair to anyone else that might bid on it thinking it is a good system.

I can see a few perfectly suitable solutions...

- Tell him you'll pay via money order that accidentally worked itself loose from your back pocket as you were on the can after a particularly hearty Chili-fest and, sadly, fell in -- but it's still perfectly cashable as long as you wipe it off.

- Pay him the closing price with shipping -- in Yen.

- Send your payment with a photograph of you. Naked.

- Make your money order payable to Bob "Slippery Bastard" Smith. (Alter the name outside the quotes as required so that it's still cashable)

- Pay with as many cheques in the amount of $1 as required to meet the total. Misspell three of them.

- Buy a money order. Fill it out. Rip it into little bits. Tape it back together. Mail it.

- Send cash. Tape the bills together into a large sheet and fold it into an origami fist with the middle finger extended.

- Tell him you'll pay via money order that accidentally worked itself loose from your back pocket as you were on the can after a particularly hearty Chili-fest and, sadly, fell in -- but it's still perfectly cashable as long as you wipe it off.

- Send your payment with a photograph of you.  Naked.

- Make your money order payable to Bob "Slippery Bastard" Smith.  (Alter the name outside the quotes as required so that it's still cashable)

- Pay with as many cheques in the amount of $1 as required to meet the total.  Misspell three of them.

- Buy a money order.  Fill it out.  Rip it into little bits.  Tape it back together.  Mail it.

- Send cash.  Tape the bills together into a large sheet and fold it into an origami fist with the middle finger extended.

LOL

- Send your payment with a photograph of you.  Naked.

- Make your money order payable to Bob "Slippery Bastard" Smith.  (Alter the name outside the quotes as required so that it's still cashable)

- Pay with as many cheques in the amount of $1 as required to meet the total.  Misspell three of them.

- Buy a money order.  Fill it out.  Rip it into little bits.  Tape it back together.  Mail it.

- Send cash.  Tape the bills together into a large sheet and fold it into an origami fist with the middle finger extended.

LOL

Heh. Wait. Will banks really cash checks with the person's "Nickname" written in the middle of their first and last name? Because that really is a good idea if it works.

Yeesh. I dont even think the post office will accept that.

Alright, I can't stand it...... :mad:

I don't believe any of it. And, yes, I was the first to admit that this bidder would be added to my Blocked Bidder List.

Now we can all see why. :roll:

I suppose if all of the above is true, I owe an apology but it sounds a little funny to me and until real proof is provided to substantiate the above claims, I think it is just another excuse for a bid retraction. I don't think you have any business bidding on anything on eBay Mr. Vanman! :P

Alright, give it to me.....tell me I am being too harsh.

In this instance, not necessarily........... :ponder:

The seller can't possibly be so rude/stupid as to offer to throw in ductape, can he ? So I have a few doubts....... :?

If your that interested, just email the seller and ask what condition the unit is in.

Maybe that would put this to bed once and for all.

P.S - spendtoomuchonatari, I have a nice CCE bankheist knocking around, I hear you have my dragon treasure ?? :D

Si

Why? You stated what I was already thinking.

Vanman was bidding on TWO Neo Geos and probably decided that the other lot he was bidding on was a better deal for him, so he made up this cock and bull story in an attempt to save face around here.

He's lied several times in the past, why should any of us believe him now?

P.S - spendtoomuchonatari, I have a nice CCE bankheist knocking around, I hear you have my dragon treasure ?? :D  

Si

I did have your Dragon Treasure but I already had one in my collection so I sold it.......http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37712

I wanted that CCE though but another will pop up I'm sure. :D

I would like to explain just a little about the above because I read what I wrote and it sounds like I had a game for UK and I sold it to someone else.....not the case. We both bought games from a seller and they got mixed up....I got his Dragon Treasure and he got my CCE Bank Heist. No big deal to me though, just a simple mistake.