IGNORED

Does anyone know for sure how many games were made for the J

ATARIPITBULL

I bought a video tape that was used to preview all the games that were for sale, but on a few atari sites i have read about other titles that were not on the tape. So does anyone know the total amount of games, both cartridge and CDRom.

After the AtariAge Lynx section is finished (I'm working on it now), the Jaguar is my next target. We'll have information on all the games released for the Jag, just as we do for the 2600, 5200, and 7800 at present. Probably won't be until later this summer, though (and you'll see me begging for high-quality Jaguar images before then.. )

..Al

• Like 3

Just in case that Jag list isn't up to date, there are between 60-65 Jaguar titles, not including the built in VLM on the cd, and all the underground games that require hardware modification and or a developer Jag/Flashrom cart or JUGS-the program within Battlesphere game that allows these underground games to be loaded from the pc via a special connector it comes with and the jaglink interface. 12 games have been released post-Atari, the last ones just last year; Skyhammer, Hyperforce and Battlesphere/JUGS(seperate cd required). Several more games are still in development and being released sometime this year. these include Protector S.E., Arena Football, GorfPluz/2000, Legion Force Jidia, Craze!, Eternal Darkness: scent of the spider, Assasin, and some others I don't remember off the top of my head. It is also a possiblity that a sequel to DOOM will be released in the future as well as Total Carnage, Virtual VCS(2600 emulator&games), and others. the library is still growing!!! Keep your eye on these sites for more info: WWW.Atarhq.com/interactive/ , www.sonbird.atari.net, and other sites that can be linked to from Jaguar Interactive, such as OMC games, Force design, and other developers. Also, most of those 60-65 games are good to great titles, with less than a dozen being dogs.

I just checked that list and it is virtually complete, about 67-69 titles. I don't count the two hoverstrikes as seperate as they are the same game, but the cd version sports more levels and better gfx, etc. JUGS is not listed though...but it is an application to load all the underground games like Native, Jagmania, Jagtris, Asteroids, etc., etc. Plus, several carts have multiple versions of the games on them, such as Defender 2000, tempest 2000, missle command 3d, Pitfall: MA, and Rayman(rayman breakout is available via code). If you don't already own a Jaguar, you missing out on a great system and now is a great time to get into it!!!

68 games have been released on the Jaguar. 55 cartridge games and 13 CD-ROM games. The game list I posted is a complete list of all games released for the Jag.

To my knowledge there were about 114 games announced that were not released. This page http://www.metalstuff.com/area64/Games/lost/index.htm has screenshots and information on the "lost" games of the Jaguar.

As Gunstar mentioned, there are several titles in development and a few games that are already virtually complete that might be released. If anyone out there has JUGS or a modified Jag I would suggest you go to http://www.jaguar64.com and check out the demos listed in the downloads section.

There is an short movie of Total Carnage floating around somewhere, I forget the format, but the standard windows media player can handle it. It looks very cool, even on the low quality movie. I'll see if I can find were I downloaded it from and get back to you. In the mean time, it might have been on Jau-dome. Not sure of the address, but if you go to www.atarihq.com and then link to Jaguar interactive, there is a link at the top of JI to the dome. I really hope this one comes out too.

I dunno how much use it will be, but CyberRoach definitely has a very cool Jaguar section on his site.

http://www.cyberroach.com/videomisc/default.htm

(contains the Sears Cartridge Telegames System Video Arcade Manual and a 7-Up Pac Man commercial from the early 80s)

http://www.cyberroach.com/jaguarcd/index.htm

(Contains all kinds of JagCD info and video clips, including stuff on unreleased games, Jag commercials, flyers, catalogues, etc.)

Just as a note of interest, Cyberroach is also the one doing the Digital A.N.A.L.O.G. project.

[ 06-11-2001: Message edited by: Mindfield ]

• 20 years later...
1 hour ago, Editorb said:

I enjoy reading old-timey threads. I'd never see them otherwise, cuz if I went back through the morgue and found something interesting I wanted to comment on, I'd be scared to comment because it upsets people.

Tell you this right now; there's no way I know, "It IS Awesome," otherwise.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Editorb said:

I enjoy reading old-timey threads. I'd never see them otherwise, cuz if I went back through the morgue and found something interesting I wanted to comment on, I'd be scared to comment because it upsets people.

Seriously don't get why people get up in arms on replying to older threads. 

Aside from some topics being timeless; once something is replied to, it will just drift away till someone else replies to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thought someone might find this helpful. I was on a similar question track back in 2015... 6+ years ago but somehow 14 years after OP ?

In summary, most consider 6 late Telegames titles (Worms, IS2, WTR, BO2K, Zero5 and Towers II) as official, along with Air Cars.

So think that's 50 carts + the CD tities.

Edited by Jagosaurus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tripled79 said:

youre not the boss of me GIF

Actually if you'll direct your attention to the large 'Moderator' under my name, you'll see that am your supervisor as long as you're posting on this board.  Please follow the rules.

• Thanks 1