IGNORED

"GLOBETROTTER" In South America! Next Stop: Brazil!

Gateway

Okay, so that's: Iraq, Afghanistan=Good Travel Idea, Cuba=Bad Travel Idea

Of course, the US military has some of the finest trained aircrews in the world.  He would definately have a safe trip!!!

Generally speaking, How soon would Trotter need to ship to Afghanistan, Iraq? We won't have troops over there forever... :ponder:

Or is that info CLASSIFIED? ;)

Latest Batch:

Vespertillio... Denver, CO, USA

Apogee... ?, Iowa, USA

mojofltr... Seattle, WA, USA

Scuttle130... St. Louis, MO, USA

Weston 8)

Its funny you should ask that question... people ask me that all the time, (How long will we be in Iraq/Afghanistan?) And I simply respond with, "Well, World War II ended in 1947??? And we still are in Germany, right?"

Sometime before the end of January, and I should be able to get over there.

As far as Cuba, I might can get it into Guantanamo Bay NAS, Cuba... the US Naval Air Station...it is quite safe on base I assure you.

The hardest part (and I haven't even been there yet) would be Antarctica, but there is a small chance of getting it there now. It is summer. And thats when the US normally sends airplanes to actually land there.

I wouldn't mind being part of the globetrotter tour although I see that someone from Miami, FL has already joined up.

No problem. The more, the merrier! :)

I anticipated that there would probably be some people living in the same city, especially large cities. You can ALL participate!

I started Trotter from Orem, Utah and I have two other people who live here on the list for hosting duties.

One thing I want to mention to everybody is that Trotter is NOT restricted to traveling by mail. If it's more convenient for you to hand-deliver Trotter to the next participant, this is okay by me. 8)

I will try my best to keep the shortest distances between every person. If you are friends with the next participant, go ahead and make arrangements with them to deliver Trotter to them. Then LMK by email or PM, so I can keep the names in order on the upcoming web page.

However, If you and the next person don't know each other that well, please clear it with me first, so I can make sure both parties agree to the rendezvous. Then address info can be exchanged.

The current plan is for Trotter to head directly for Philadelphia in time for PhillyClassic. That will take precedence. After the show is over though, if I missed anybody who was signed up living along the path to Philly, I will send Trotter back that way to compensate.

@AtariDude: I'll add you to the name list. LMK if you disagree with this or have other questions.

Peace,

Weston 8)

Here is the latest list of who has signed up for hosting duties. In no particular order:

Gateway ( aka Musevox )...... Orem, UT, USA... PackratVG................... Provo, UT, USA

AtariChick.............................. Murray, UT, USA... Sherrie Hilton.............. Orem, UT, USA

Karl Eilercsen.......................... Orem, UT, USA... Ryan Hilton............... Payson, UT, USA

fringe1......................... Scott Depot, WV, USA... RCorcoran................ Phoenix, AZ, USA

Swingtown.. Wausau/Stevens Point, WI, USA... Dolt.............. Rockville Centre, NY, USA

Xot........................................... Barre, VT, USA... The Milkman............. Griswold, IA, USA

NoahsMyBro................ West Orange, NJ, USA... Patrick Lichty... Baton Rouge, LA, USA

moycon................................. Atlanta, GA, USA... Mr.FoodMonster......... Dexter, MI, USA

StanJr................................ Louisville, KY, USA... Jeff Hilton....... Worksop, England, GBR

RangerG........................ Tallahassee, FL, USA... MegaManFan............. Omaha, NE, USA

ATARI TROLL....................... Wichita, KS, USA... Jeff Rothkopf................ Miami, FL, USA

Inky....................................... Bradley, IL, USA... HermChase................ Bayville, NJ, USA

krisjohn. South Perth, Western Australia, AUS... sku_u...................... Stratford, CT, USA

Redcurrie............................... Spring, TX, USA... Mrs.MegaManFan...... Omaha, NE, USA

pitfallaimee....................... Louisville, KY, USA... pmitch 3m............. Cleveland, OH, USA

Vespertillio.......................... Denver, CO, USA... Apogee................................. ?, IA, USA

mojofltr............................... Seattle, WA, USA... Scuttle130.............. St. Louis, MO, USA

Ataridude................................ Miami, FL, USA... DeAnges............... Enumclaw, WA, USA

CPUWIZ.......................... Sunnyvale, CA, USA

@Everybody: If you live close to one of these locations, or especially if you live along the path from Florida to Pennsylvania, now is a great time to LMK. PM me or email:

trotter@packratvg.com to sign up!

Peace,

Weston 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Major Update :!:

Trotter's Web Page is Live!

As promised, the page is up so everybody can follow Trotter's journey as he circles the globe! He's been out there for 1 month and is still going strong! He's growing up fast! I can remember when he was still a bit wet behind the label. ;) :)

Check it out here: Globetrotter World Tour Page

Since Trotter's travels will be ongoing, we will make updates and improvements to the page over time. Your suggestions are welcome.

As you can see, Packrat Video Games is hosting this page on their site. While you're there, check out the deals they have on hacks, homebrews, and other classic gaming items! :)

Check back often to the page, as we will be adding more photos of Trotter as we get them, and names of hosts. ( Note: We encourage everyone to submit photos while Trotter is in their care, but photos are not required to participate. There will be some names with no photos available. )

As mentioned before, Trotter will still need friends to visit after PhillyClassic 5.

So if you haven't signed on yet, do so today! Email: trotter@packratvg.com or PM me your name and city.

Later,

Weston 8)

Thank you everybody for your patience. I forgot to post the latest couple of participants who've signed on. Here they are:

The MilkMan(update)..............Griswold, IA, USA

ATARIPITBULL.......................Allen Park, MI, USA

Lady Jaye........................Montreal, Quebec, CAN

BoOchan!.............Perth, Western Australia, AUS

anagrama.......................Newcastle, England, UK

cwilkson...................................Boston, MA, USA

If I missed anybody, LMK. This list is starting to get large! :)

@ATARI TROLL: Sorry to hear about Combat C R's troubles. :| Yep, you are still on Trotter's list, though it will likely be after PhillyClassic 5 before Trotter heads westward. I've been double-checking the names and cities to make a smooth travel plan for Trotter, but he has ideas of his own! ;)

I knew this project would take on a life of its own, I just didn't think it would happen so soon! Thanks again to everybody so far, who have agreed to help Trotter achieve his worldwide journey!

More soon. Peace,

Weston 8)

Trotter is spending Christmas with StanJr and pitfallaimee. :)

Check out his submission in the Greeting Cart Contest. He's smitten over Miss "Holiday Greeting" and insisted that I enter him into the contest for a chance at a date! :ponder:

He's referred to her as "pixelicious!" ;)

Added:

Zach Matley...( currently ) Sacramento, CA, USA

smf_4ever... Washington DC, USA

Happy Holidays! 8)

I think I'm missing something here...  Is there a list of where it's supposed to go next?

Nope, your not missing anything yet. :)

I've been forming a list as we go, mainly, so that I can accomadate any need for a change of direction in travel, or any unexpected problems that couldn't be forseen on the date of launch. Also, in the event of a special circumstance( i.e.: coinciding with somebody's travel plans ). Alas, Trotter won't be able to join everybody on their vacations or business trips. :|

However, The priority right now is that Trotter will be close to Philly come showtime, so his travels as of late have been focused on directing the cart eastward. I hope to update the webpage soon( January ) to add new photos, etc. and add a few more names, the plan being to stay just ahead of where Trotter physically is at that time. After PC5, Trotter will be free to take his time visiting everbody involved in a particular area, so if the cart has passed by you, don't worry, it will come back your way after the show! 8)

So, the webpage will be the place to see who's next and where the cart's already been. I have been PMing and arranging with the hosts thus far to expect Trotter's arrival.

I also need to post the latest sign -ups soon.

More soon,

Weston 8)

Nope. Trotter is currently travelling with Chris Wilkson ( cwilkson ) enroute to Boston, MA. :)

From there he will join up with bcprs1 in Bridgewater, MA, and then, host #13 :!: :P sku_u, in Stratford, CT...

Pictures from the last few hosts are starting to come in, so there will be an update to the webpage soon.

8)