IGNORED

"GLOBETROTTER" In South America! Next Stop: Brazil!

Gateway

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick update. Globetrotter should be in China now, with hepcat. I'm awaiting word from him that he and Trotter made it there safely. From there, Trotter will travel to Australia! 8)

Trotter will make an appearance at NWCGE next weekend! Since Trotter is in China, one of his back -up buddies will stand in for him at the show. Also, We have a few T-shirts left from PhillyClassic 5 that will be available to buy at the show.

There are no plans to make any other Globetroter shirts( unless somebody comes up with something really unique. ) so get a T-shirt while we still have some in stock! M, Lg, XL and a few 2XL are the sizes. Any shirts left over will be up for sale at the Packrat Video Games website some time after the show. Also, after the show( I won't be there because my sister's wedding is that same weekend ), I hope to get a major update to the Trotter web pages since we have a world map to add, and several new hosts names since the last update. Now that I'm done with college for the summer, I can get this done soon. Thank you all for your patience! :)

Speaking of PhillyClassic, I want to apologize to everybody for not having any quality pictures to share featuring Globetrotter. :| I left Trotter in charge of loading my camera. In the rush to get evrything ready before the show started, I assumed the film was properly installed, because my camera was advancing the film( or so I thought ) after every press of the button. So, none of those 24 shots exposed correctly! :x

Heavier-sixer has given me permission to use a photo that he took of Trotter at the show, and I'll include that pic. in the next update. If anybody else has some PC5 Trotter pics they'd be willing to donate for the web page, please LMK. Thanks! :)

Also, I want to thank everybody who participated in the Globetrotter "Mini Tour" of several vendor booths at the show. Again, the photos didn't turn out:

Jarett ( Packrat Video Games ), Trade-N-Games, Cassidy and Nicole Nolen( AtariOnline.com ), Jaysen and Lori Mercer( Manci Games Magazine ), Leonard( Rolenta Press ), StanJr and Pitfalaimee( Podkayne Studios ), Ronen Habot ( VGWIZ ), Chris Wilkson ( Cybertech S Video Card developer ), Albert Yarusso and Howard Scott Warshaw( AtariAge ), Joe Grand( Pixels Past ), Dale Crum ( AtariCart ), and Tony "Xot" Morse ( PC 5 staff member )

Xot also designed the back of the Trotter T-shirts. 8)

EDIT: Also thanks to Cindy Morgan( Tron 2.0 ) :D

Another update soon, after NWCGE! Later,

Weston 8)

any chance Trotter will be sporting any recent awards he may have won, at NWCGE for all to see? :ponder:  :ponder:  

;)

Like this one? ;)

After NWCGE( and my sister's wedding ), We hope to add a special page to feature Trotter's appearances, awards, etc. throughout the year. Since I'm still awaiting word of hepcat and Trotter's whereabouts in China, Trotter will have a "Stunt double"( #3 ) stand in for him at NWCGE and the upcoming Midwest Classic.

"Since Trotter could not be here tonight, #3 ( insert nickname ) accepts the 2003 Event of the Year Award in his behalf. Thank You! :D

If anybody has a good nickname in mind for Trotter's stand- in, LMK. Trotter wants to attend as many shows or events( physically, or in vaporware ) as he can this year to support classic gaming! 8)

post-2955-1083821440_thumb.jpg

Im still trying to get over the fact there isnt a picture of PitfallAimee holding up Trotter.   :sad:  Hurumph!

Patience, my young padawan. All will be revealed in time. ;)

Another update soon, including new photos! 8)

Hi,

Interesting that it is in China. Looking forward to the pics. I'm still interested in being a part of this endevour, so when it is going to be in my neck of the woods, let me know. I get some great pictures of it in different landmark locations in Kelowna.

Atari Charles

@Atari Charles: I'm in the process of adding a bunch of updates to the map page as well as the name lists. I got your email a while ago and I'll be sure to include your name in the update. :)

Hey Everybody! Globetrotter will make an appearance next week at the Midwest Gaming Classic, May 22, 23 in Millwaukee, WI!

Come say hello to him at the Packrat Video Games tables! :)

Again, this will be Trotter's stand - in, while Trotter is touring China.

Also, Check out this Interview about Globetrotter conducted by Intelligent Agent Magazine!* 8)

Editor - in - Chief Patrick Lichty and his staff have put together an excellent article. Be sure to browse through the other insightful features of this issue as well. Lots of cool stuff! :

*Just to clarify, the article meant to say that Jarett represents Packrat Video Games and I, Weston, represent Musevox Multimedia. :)

Later,

Weston 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Major update!

As promised, Jarett and I have added to Trotter's webpage album( 2 dozen photos have been added or updated! )*

Also, the USA map had been updated. Maps of Europe and China are ready, but Jarett and I are still working on a clever way to display all the maps, in an interactive fashion. We will have more time to do this in the coming weeks.

*The new photo for #11a was misplaced, so I will rebuild it for the next update.

Click here to see the latest. Also, you can see here the list of host names has been added to, now including hosts in: Germany, Finland, and the Netherlands! ( as well as new entries to: Canada, the UK and the USA )

Globetrotter is headed for Australia next! Currently, we only have 2 names from there. I know there are others here from that part of the world: Andrew Davie, DeVo, Noble Cale, happy dude... off the top of my head. Now is the time to sign on, if you live in Australia!

Also: anybody from or who knows somebody who could participate from: New Zealand, Hawaii, The Phillipines, Singapore, or any of the other places in Southeast Asia or the Pacific isles, Trotter is moving in that direction!

Or even if you don't live there, but would like to participate, you can still sign up!

PM or mail to: trotter@packratvg.com

Finally, I wanted to post 1 of the pics I received in the mail, from my brother, serving in Bridlington, England. I got this after the latest changes were uploaded, so I will include it in the next webpage update. :)

Later,

Weston 8)

post-2955-1085792184_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everybody!

Jason (AA member hepcat) has returned from his vacation in China! He also took Globetrotter with him to the USA capitol, Washington DC, to see some of the sites close to where he lives( he's from Chevy Chase, Maryland. )

He has given me permission to share a few photos with you. These and a few others will be included in the next update to Trotter's webpage soon. :)

Here's a list of the places hepcat provided where he and Globetrotter visited while in China. These will be added to Trotter's distance travelled tally and also on the map of China I hope to post soon to the webpage.

1. Beijing

2. Great Wall of China at Simatai. (This section of the Wall is about 60 miles north of Beijing.)

(The remaining locations are all cities, towns, or villages in southern China's Guang Xi Province. You should see most of these names on any decent map of China.)

3. Nanning

4. Guilin

5. Yangshou

6. Wuming

7. Daming Mountain

8. Yang Mei (tiny village, you probably won't see this one on any maps)

As mentioned previously, Trotter is travelling to Australia next! :cool:

There are several of you AA 'ers from or who might be able to visit Australia or New Zealand or Hawaii or the surrounding places in the Pacific and/or Southeast Asia. Trotter would love to come visit you! :D :ahoy: :thumbsup: Please let me know ASAP if you would like to be involved!

Send a PM or email me at: trotter@packratvg.com

If all goes well, the current plan is that Trotter should make it to the west coast of North America and head for San Jose, CA in hopes of making an appearance at CGE 2K4 in August! 8)

This is subject to change. Stay tuned!

Weston 8)

post-2955-1086828841_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1086828842_thumb.jpg

About the White House picture...

Apparently, the section of Pennsylvania Avenue in front of the White House has been closed to pedestrians for several months now. The fence I'm standing in front of extends for at least 100 yards in both directions. I've heard they're making repairs and/or adding yet another layer of security. The street will eventually reopen for pedestrians, but I don't think it ever will for vehicles. :(

Sorry, I wish I could've gotten closer!

--Jason

• 3 weeks later...

@hepcat: I think your pics. turned out great! :)

Hey everybody,

Trotter has arrived in Australia! 8)

BoOchan! contacted me this week with the news that the cart made it safely there. He will send it to krisjohn next.

But nobody else from Australia has signed up yet! If you want to participate, NOW is the time to sign up to host!

Trotter will not likey be returning to the Australian area on his journey( he's been traveling for about 7 months now. ) So this is a "Last Call for those of you from Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii, and any of the other Pacific islands.

Trotter hopes to move eastward and arrive in San Jose in time for the Classic Gaming Expo, August 22, 23rd.

So sign up today! :)

The next update to Trotter's webpage in is the works! Australia will be added to maps display.

More later,

Weston 8)

• 2 weeks later...

@ atari_wizard: Just shoot me a PM if you want to be a host. :)

Well, Trotter has been on his journey for 8 months now. Click here to see the latest webpage update.

New pages for: the continental USA, Australia, China, and Europe have been added. Plus, some new photos, as well as new names to the host list( now including New Zealand ) :music:

If you have signed up as a host, but don't see your name on the list, please let me know. I may have missed one or two people. :ponder: ;)

Plans for attending CGE in San Jose are still a go. After that, Trotter will likely head westward, with opportunities again, to visit Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the Middle East and/or any other stops along the way back to the European continent, in his attempt to make it all the way around the globe. :)

If you live in one of these areas( or in San Jose, CA ) and would like to host when Trotter comes your way, PM me or email: trotter@packratvg.com

Also, we have a limited number of Globetrotter T-shirts ( M, Lg, XL, 2XL ) originally left over from PhilyClassic 5, that will be available to buy. More details to follow soon!

8)

Trotter is with me at the moment. It arrived via post on Friday and I've already given it the tour of King's Park with shots overlooking South Perth, the river and the city. I have to re-build my PC recently so I don't have a card reader for my camera installed. I'll post photos as soon as I can.

• 4 weeks later...

GLOBETROTTER is heading for Classic Gaming Expo 2004 in San Jose, CA! :D

Trotter is currently visiting New Zealand, and will be enroute to San Jose very soon! Hopefully, he will make it in time to make an appearance that weekend ( August 21st and 22nd ).

Trotter plans to get in lots of photos with many of the guest speaker and alumni of Atari's past. He is excited to explore video game history and discover his electronic roots! :)

For those of you going to CGE, Trotter will be wandering around with me, but will also be hanging out near the Packrat Video Games vendor booth, so stop by and say "Hi". :music:

I will be posting the best photos of Trotter's CGE experience soon after I get back home. They will be added to Trotter's webpage, and I'll probably post a few in this thread. After CGE, Trotter plans to move westward again, making stops in Australia, NZ, Japan, Hawaii, etc. on his way to the European continent.

No webpage update is planned before the show, but I wanted to include a list of the latest hosts, and a couple pics. Check here to see if your area is represented yet, on Trotter's travel itenerary. Trotter would like to make at least one stop in as many states, territories, and nations around the world as he can! If I've forgotten somebody that has already signed up, or you would like to become a host, PM me or mail: trotter@packratvg.com

Through AA:

rasty..................... Rome, Italy

Adonick................ St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Jermack71........... Berlin, New Hampshire

starfighter1314... ?, Hawaii

keilbaca................ Yokota AB, Japan

Through DP:

dojosky................ Orangevale, California

PapaStu................ Fremont, California

post-2955-1092369999_thumb.jpg

post-2955-1092370000_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gateway

• 1 month later...

Globetrotter will be making an appearance at OKGE 2004, Sept. 18th !

Just a quick note for now. The official Trotter is visiting Japan right now, but his "stunt double" will be hanging out at OKGE and enjoying the gaming goodness! :D

I've been up to my elbows in school work, but I when I get some more free time, I'll post some of the best pictures of Trotter at CGE. Also, an update to the Trotter webpage, with a new page devoted to photos, etc. featuring Trotter at various shows in 2004, poses with some of our favorite programmers , awards, etc.

Peace.

Here's the latest hosts:

atwwong: Vancouver, BC, Canada

FireTiger: Jacksonville, Florida, USA

Edited by Gateway