IGNORED

"GLOBETROTTER" In South America! Next Stop: Brazil!

Gateway

@Omegamatrix: I got you added to the hostlist under Alberta. :)

Here's an excerpt from my latest update to the website:

It's been over a month, but I'm happy to add Africa to the map section and 19 new photos! This includes shots taken in Amsterdam, the Pyramids near Cairo, and views of the total eclipse on Trotter's activation day, March 29th!

I've also redone a few of the maps for Germany( state borders ) and have added a light gray around the map area I want to focus on for each region. I'll be modifying the other region maps this way in the future.

I'm waiting for confirmation that Trotter arrived safely in Finland. From there, current plans in the works could take Trotter to visit Yellowstone National Park in the USA, and/or a possibly return trip to another part of Africa!

The FAQ page is a shadow of what it should be, but for now, I've got a placeholder for it on the site. I'll polish it up and go into better detail as soon as I can.

http://www.musevox.com/trotter/index.htm

Later,

Weston :cool:

Trotter has plans in the works to attend the Midwest Gaming Classic this summer, so, yes, Trotter could be in the New England region again soon. :) He also has a return trip to Africa pending, so I can't give you a definite answer, except "never say never".

There are still a few hosts waiting in that area as well as Quebec, Nova Scotia, etc. though nobody yet for Rhode Island or Maine.

What state are you in, s_r_s? :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

If you have already hosted Globetrotter in the past, please check out this link below in the Marketplace. I need people to check the spelling of their name, city name, and other info and let me know if something is incorrect, or if you want a different screenname used, etc. I will edit that thread when corrections are needed.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88704

Once the map is printed for production, I won't be able to make further changes. If I don't hear from you I will assume your info is correct. Thanks for your help! :)

These carts will be available for pre-order later this month. More details soon!

post-2955-1149319759_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gateway

Yeap..for mine, you need to change the City. While it is true that Trotter stayed at my home in Owasso, OK. The Oklahoma Video Game Exhibition itself is held in Tulsa. And due to some changes in my personal life, I am also currently in the city of Tulsa itself now as well.

Just some minor changes...

• 7 months later...

-^Cro§Bow^-: Okay, I think I've got it right now: Owasso for you, OK show in Tulsa( c/o you ) :)

Roam if you want to, Roam around the world! :music:

Hey everybody! Thanks for your patience. The site is updated with maps for Trotter's adventures during the summertime and fall seasons. I've added sections for West Africa and the Middle East.

Trotter is now with AA member/classic gamer lucifershalo visiting parts of New Zealand and Singapore. :cool:

Trotter recently completed one of his goals: to circumnavigate the globe: He made it from Bangkok, Thailand (Oct. 2005) eastward back to Bangkok (Nov. 2006) in just over a year's time.

I'm resolving this year to update the website every week to keep it "live" and caught up, even if it is just minor changes to the site. I feel I neglected the site in 2006 and want to fix that. This week I will be heavily involved in bringing together all the elements I can for the Limited Edition Silver Trotter carts. Since Packrat Video Games is now located about 5 hours drive from me, I'll probably have them mail me the built carts, etc. and I will be sending out each package directly. Once I get the PayPal/payment system set up the way I want I'll begin accepting orders.

A few of you have requested certain letters already and I will do my best to honor those requests. To be fair, everybody that wants one should have at least 2 letters to choose in the event your first choice is already spoken for. More about this, and new pictures of the cart, map, etc. coming soon.

Happy New Year and Happy Trails!

Edited by Gateway

@ Shawn: No worries, I've still got you down for Brockville, Ontario. :) Fortunately Trotter is still in one piece. Trotter was in Canada, but, uh, got sidetracked... yeah, that's it! :ponder: ;)

Later,

Awesome, I've been looking forward to hosting Trotter for almost 2 years now sense I first hear of it's travels in 05 :)

Edited by Shawn Sr.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm. trotter at packratvg dot com has been out of use for a while. Can you tell me where you found the reference to the old e-mail and I'll fix it.

It should be trotterjotter at gmail dot com :)

Trotter passed through Boston briefly, but another stop there would be welcome. Also if you live in a city outside of Boston, Trotter counts those as a unique places separate from Boston.

Send me an e-mail with your details if interested. :cool:

• 1 month later...

BUMP!

Just added an update yesterday and I went back and added up the total approxiamate distance Trotter has journeyed thus far( rounded to the nearest kilometer ). As of reaching Malaysia, the current total is: 355,853 kilometers! I put this on the main page and will eventually get each individual page's numbers added up and displayed for each mini-trip and so forth.

Trotter is currently with DP member smork, who currently resides in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. They are enjoying the festivities in that part of the world in connection with the Chinese New Year. :party: :music: :ahoy:

Also, smork is taking Trotter to visit parts of Indonesia( Bali ) and Singapore!

I've included maps for lucifershalo's trip to Singapore and New Zealand, though I am waiting for a few photos from his trip and will add those when I get them.

If anybody else who has hosted Trotter has photos lying around that you have been meaning to send me, let me know and we can arrange for me to get them added to the Trotter website. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everybody!

I added a bunch of photos over the weekend for the new Events and Honors section for Trotter's website. :cool:

http://www.musevox.com/trotter/events.htm

I needed an extra few days to make sure the pages were linked correctly, so they should all be working now. You will find the first batch of photos with Trotter at Eurocon 2004 and Classic Gaming Expo 2004. The collection also includes Trotter posing with programmers of some of our favorite video games of yesteryear!

But I may have overlooked some info from my notes from 2 years ago for the captions to these photos and I want them to be accurate. If you see mistakes, misspellings, etc. , let me know through e-mail or PM and I'll fix it ASAP. :)

I've been sitting on these for a while, but thought better late than never. I still have photos and other items to add next week including vgXpo Dallas, PhillyClassic 5, Utah gaming party, NWCGE, to name a few... also a few awards and interviews where Trotter has been featured.

I want to give credit where it is due. If you see a photo you took or would like to submit photo(s) from an expo or other event where Trotter is visible, let me know and I will credit you. At the same time, out of respect, I will modify or remove any photos if requested by the subject in the photo( programmer or other person ) if that person is uncomfortable with me using their likeness on Trotter's site.

Also, I am expecting a few photos soon from Trotter's time in Malaysia. More photos in a week!

Later,

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everybody!

I know it's been a bit quiet from Trotter lately ( due in part to me having my Internet connection down for several days ), but I wanted to share some photos of Trotter's latest trip!

Long story short, A millionaire- private entrepreneur/investor based in Malaysia got permission from the Malaysian government to launch a rocket of his own design which he had been building for the last several years with the help of several private investors along with his own resources. His destination? A return to the surface of the Moon!

Trotter was already visiting Malaysia and I was informed by the previous host that he was aquainted with the millionaire and had made arrangements to book passage for Trotter on the rocket trip! Also, he would provide some photos, after the Malaysian government catalogued them first as part of their aggrement to help fund the trip, and NASA and the U.S. government also who've provided intel and astronaut suits and other technology not used since the late 70's.

More pics may be on the way if Trotter appears in them!

Later,

P.S. @Wonder007: I'll add you to the host list shortly. :)

post-2955-1175463771_thumb.jpg

hmm 1st april ?

Yup. :D

I decided to post those joke pics of Trotter on the Moon at the last moment, but I had been working on them for another Trotter-themed project beforehand.

Just wanted to "fess up" to the joke on time this year as I got some groans last time I tried to involve Trotter in the April Fools fun. Last time, questions of Trotter's fate went unanswered for almost a week due to my hectic school schedule at the time. :)

hmm 1st april ?

Yup. :D

I decided to post those joke pics of Trotter on the Moon at the last moment, but I had been working on them for another Trotter-themed project beforehand.

Just wanted to "fess up" to the joke on time this year as I got some groans last time I tried to involve Trotter in the April Fools fun. Last time, questions of Trotter's fate went unanswered for almost a week due to my hectic school schedule at the time. :)

Good times!

On the next April Fools Day, will Trotter make it to one of the unmanned Mars Missions? But then, how will he get back? :D