IGNORED

New Jaguar Scans and Screenshots!

Albert

I just posted a large batch of cart scans, box scans, manual scans, and screenshots for several Jaguar games. Specifically, the following games were the ones that received this treatment (as these are games that I received in the mail this week):

- Air Cars

- Attack of the Mutant Penguins

- BattleSphere

- Brain Dead 13

- Breakout 2000

- Rayman

- Speedster II

This was my first opportunity to play all of these games, although I didn't spend too much time with any of them. Just enough to get some decent screenshots. I will say that BattleSphere looks pretty cool and reminds me a lot of Star Raiders, which I can only assume is intentional with the fact that it directly borrows some of Star Raiders' sound effects. Rayman looks like a lot of fun, I think I'll actually have to play all the way through this one (I enjoy platformers). Then maybe I'll finish the Dreamcast version I started many months ago.

I put up new screenshots of Speedster II that I took that show a few more things. If you plug a controller into the second controller port, you can access a configuration screen. One of the things you can change in this screen is which *store* the kiddie ride happens to be sitting in front of. There are options for Generic, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Luckys and Hills. When you're driving your car, you'll see signs on the side of the road with the store's name, and when your time runs out you end up in the parking lot of that store. Some of the shots I took show this.

Enjoy,

..Al

Nice! Those shots look really good man. How do you take em? Video in on your video card? I never changed the Speedster II option to K-mart..etc and ran it through to the end. It's cool you pull into the parking lot of the store! Also, the scans of the Battlesphere manual are very well done. I think this site may be the only site with the full scanned manual online.

quote:

Originally posted by
:

Nice! Those shots look really good man. How do you take em? Video in on your video card? I never changed the Speedster II option to K-mart..etc and ran it through to the end. It's cool you pull into the parking lot of the store! Also, the scans of the Battlesphere manual are very well done. I think this site may be the only site with the full scanned manual online.

I capture Jaguar screenshots using an ATI

All-in-Wonder Radeon video card. I have the Jaguar plugged in via an S-Video cable and use the card's TV Tuner software to capture images. It works pretty well although the original images look better since the ones on the site have been compressed quite a bit.

..Al