IGNORED

MEGA-CONTEST! The Room 34 Adventure Challenge

Room 34

Keir,

Welcome to the Anteroom. Now that you're here let me know how you're doing.  I've identified 15 boxes so far and have hit an impasse.

Same here. Perhaps there's something special about the remaining 8?

EDIT: Wait, I just found another one. Gotta keep looking....

Staring at 16 different game titles. Are the remaining 10 all different?

Does silver have anything to do with the answer?

Until the first official clue has been given, all I can do is clarify the instructions given with the challenge.

So to answer your first question, yes, there are 26 game titles to find, and they are all different.

I cannot answer your second question.

A breakthrough here at least (Keir knows what I'm talking about) at last. Got 25 games, just missing one, and also got part of the way to figuring out the "ultimate answer" for the actual competition.

Correction... just found #26 :D

Right so that's all the games, just got to figure out the damned answer! :twisted:

Feeling a disturbance in his spell over the kingdom, the Evil Magician once again gazed into his prisms...

"Grundle, thou hast disappointed me greatly!" the Evil Magician grumbled as yet another adventurer prepared to strike a fatal blow upon the dread green duck... er, dragon.

"I only hope Knubberrub does not fail me equally."

Don't feel alone. I still haven't gotten #2 yet either. I purposely tuned out the OJ case when it happened (like I'm doing now with Michael Jackson...), because I really didn't care, and I was sick of hearing about it. So, needless to say, I really don't remember what all happened with OJ.

Ian Primus

ian_primus@yahoo.com

After 'Game Over' does the back button work then, or must I go through the whole maze again?

The Back button is unlikely to refresh the page contents accurately, so I recommend clicking the "Game Reset" button instead. It will take you back to the Gold Castle Gate, but just as in the real Adventure game, everything else will be where you left it.

All of the questions you've already answered will still be answered, and your inventory will remain intact. You just need to navigate your way to whatever room you were last in.

:D

I just wanted to let you all know I've "spiced up" the competitive element of the contest a bit...

Now, you get a count of the total number of other adventurers at the top of each page.

Also, whenever you confront a new challenge, you'll see a count indicating the number of other adventurers who've already completed that challenge!

:twisted:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Thomas Jentzsch has pointed out an unintended game title in the word search, so I regretfully feel it is necessary for me to amend the word search's description with the following sentence:

Each title is an Atari-branded North American release.

This revelation should have no impact on the 3 adventurers who have already completed the word search, but may resolve potential confusion for those of you still struggling with it.

(You will note that I have also added this sentence to the official challenge text within the contest itself.)